• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I didn't want to shill my own work, but ah well.

762px-SakuraTaisen_Saturn_JP_Box_Front-600x471.jpg

This has been in the work for many years, and Noah(the Dragon Force II hacker) deciding to help out kicked it into high gear.

We have three testers at the moment, along with myself and others on the team.

Here's screenshots.

EGf-veTW4AASTku

EGfT9rJXUAA0XIA

EGXoQIdWsAEvqXU

EGXQ1TnX0AAOpW2

EGVd2kYWwAEy5Aj

EF6yTnFW4AUnciA

EF58YdoW4AAsFP8

EF7icx2WwAUkx6w

EF5B3s9XkAYg3fi

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great. Hey, Sega! How about working with this team to officially introduce it to the west?

I'm still hoping for a Far East of Eden: The Fourth Apocalypse translation.

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have any configuration for Sega Saturn emulator? I have a copy of this game laying around waiting for this day and it finally is almost here.

I am really greatful for the team and their hard work to make this dream a reality.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Damn I had no idea this was being worked on, I'll definitely try to give it a go when you're finished, thanks so much for your work!

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to play this game since way back when... so thank you! Subbed :)

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Happy to be the tinniest bit involved with this!

(I made the episode title graphic in CJ's post, and the other ones of course. My wrist still hurts)

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Amazing work!

It has always surprised me how a popular series like Sakura Taisen was never fan-translated, especially since they were ported on PC (I know Saturn is annoying to deal with).

Are you planning to release an English patch for the PC version at some point?

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Amazing work!

It has always surprised me how a popular series like Sakura Taisen was never fan-translated, especially since they were ported on PC (I know Saturn is annoying to deal with).

Are you planning to release an English patch for the PC version at some point?
This began as a PC version, but frankly, it's outdated and getting it to run on modern OS is a nightmare in and of itself.

This is basically the best of both worlds.

OK so, how do we play this in English once this superb work is done?
Ideally Mednafen.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Amazing. Thank you all for your work.
Do you have some kind of official website to follow progress or a gbatemp/romhacking official thread?

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Hoh. Lee. Shit. This is amazing news! 20 year old me is ecstatic at this. I've been waiting so long to experience this game.

i hope this works with the polymega system

That would be a game changer if you could load a translation patch and play on the Polymega. Are patches a thing that's supported on the Polymega?

EDIT: It is!

Yes. Patches can be side-loaded on to a thumb drive and inserted to the USB ports on the Polymega™. Upon detection of a valid IPS patch, the system will patch the game, and ask you if you want to make a duplicated backup of the game with the patched content. If you choose not to do this, the patch will only be applied temporarily until you decide to un-patch the game.

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought a translation of this was close to impossible at one point. Is there any way of supporting you guys for this work at all?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK so, how do we play this in English once this superb work is done?
Buy Japanese copy. Burn disc to PC. Apply patch to ISO. Burn patched ISO to a CD-R. Use an action replay cart with patch applied or the red cart to enable playing backups on your Saturn.

Alternatively, buy a Japanese copy, burn disc to PC, apply patch to ISO, run in an emulator.

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Greetings everyone And thanks cj for the thread! I've probably poured in 500+ hours into this patch. This game has a ton of text, a lot of compressed data, a fair bit of images with text, and lots of other fun stuff which has made it quite the challenge.
Looking forward to finally having this available to everyone.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
You are doing gods work! Always wanted to play a translated sakura wars on sega saturn. Playing it years ago with a guide wasn't really fulfilling.
Any paypal accounts to donate some money to?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Been super excited for this ever since I heard you all were working on a fan translation. Would totally be down to donate too if there ever becomes an option to help out!

While your here, and I hate to bug you about it, but any word on Eternal Punishment PSP?

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
You are doing gods work! Always wanted to play a translated sakura wars on sega saturn. Playing it years ago with a guide wasn't really fulfilling.
Any paypal accounts to donate some money to?

Someone had suggesting setting up a patreon, but I'm wary of getting any money involved. It creates too many potential issues.

What I really would want is to be able to actually work with Sega to allow printing of a Saturn release. Case, manual, disc. The whole thing. It'd be pretty rad. Unfortunately I don't really have the connections to make anything like that happen lol.