• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TfPs6sP.gif

This and no Geno, total bummer.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Today is the day that Goku died.

But let's be honest if an anime character was going to get in, it would be Ash before Goku.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Link was in a manga, guess you gotta take him out. Goku has been in more video games than Link (probably) so he deserves to be there more. My logic is not to be questioned.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Fans: Goku is an anime character!

Honestly, I want more indie representation in Smash, especially now when Nintendo is the #1 out of Big Three that has been heavily investing in indies.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, in that case I hope no one will have the character he/she wants.

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
if anime/Manga characters did get added. I think that's when I would of stopped playing Smash.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means Goku fanboys will stop mucking up Smash threads and playing dumb
Yeah, sorry for ruining your deep nuanced discussions about why Shadow, Sora and Geno should get in. Because we're the ones throwing tantrums when we don't get what we want.

FOH with that.

My point exactly.

if anime/Manga characters did get added. I think that's when I would of stopped playing Smash.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I think by the time we get to like smash 7 nintendo will just add goku out of pure business sense.

By that point we'll have so many 1st party reps that like 10% of people care about that shonen jump is the next step.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I mean it's old but it's still probably true. Smash is already a licensing nightmare I can't imagine Nintendo is too eager to further complicate things by going in too heavily with the manga industry.

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai said like 3 years ago Ridley was too big. An interview from 10 years ago doesn't hold much weight at all.

Not to mention this "we need everybody's cooperation" part was referenced before dev even began on Smash U.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
He also said that Ridley is too big, and changing him to fit into the roster he wouldn't be Ridley anymore.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The source for this is a really old article.

It was really, really misleading for whoever made the article to do that, but yeah.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From what I gather, anime/manga characters are a whole clusterfuck of rights issues that dont exist in the gaming space.

It makes sense that Nintendo would want to avoid that kind of licensing headache.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Good, good!
I have nothing against anime characters in Smash, but I prefer it if they keep it to game characters.
Even if those anime characters have starred in games. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.