• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Hes way busier than me and plays 242 games??

He must start and not finish them only explanation

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Is anyone here suggesting that we should strive to be on the same level as Sakurai?

Basically 242 games = he's enjoying every bit of the games. This is how he can have a vast array of gameplay designs.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
the workhaolic mindset extending to games.

i guess he's the kind of person who can't sit still. not even for relaxation. he has to be doing something or he won't feel well.

my dad is kinda similar. he has to be working or doing something every time.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Ahhh, we should think outside of the box.

You should all buy multiple consoles and computer screens. 5 pairs is enough. I'm assuming he plays 4 to 5 game titles simultaneously per week. It's possible to complete the main storyline of each game 4 to 5 games at a time.

• When you're playing a game with turn-based battle-system, that same time period where you're waiting for the next turn, you could play other games with turn-based battle systems. So you can essentially play up to 5 games during battle scenes.
  • When you're playing action games, the most you can do is play 1 or 2 games simultaneously, because those games require hefty amount of attention. It's only during long cutscenes, are you able to play the other action games.
  • Some games are shorter than games than you think. Some games require you to play up to 25 hours to beat the game, but Sakurai was able to play for 5 hours to beat the game.
I'm a genius!!!!

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I believe PSN counts them all, earlier in the thread it was shown he has 3000 bronze trophy's.
Thanks.
So we'd need the amount of ps3 and vita games played and divide number of trophies with it to get an average : D.

That explains Snake, Cloud, Joker and now the rumoured Crash
We know Nintendo decided Switch title DLC.
You can at least remove Joker from the list.

I also wonder when exactly SE decided to add final fantasy on the Switch. If it was back when Cloud was added, might as well remove it too.

Didn't know crash was rumoured.
Although, at that point there have been rumours about hundreds of characters.

Last edited:

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Now make a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale dear Sakurai!

1448356773-smash-vs-pasbr.jpg
lol

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Damn, I just completed 4 games last year and 2 this year, so far, but 200 plus PS4 games?? Did he just play an hour or so and say, well on top Game no. 203 now :p

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
when you think about it, if he's spending 20 hours (which should be enough to beat most games these days) per game, in 240 games comes to 4800 hours but that isn't that much distributed over the whole year.

it comes to less than 2 hours per day. assuming he works 12 hours and sleeps 6 (his schedule is heavy) and spends 3 between eating/shower/transport/etc. he's got 3 extra hours for anything. he can spend 2 in a game and then 1 more is still free.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai is a man who just genuinely loves video games and demonstrates that love through his work, and the diligent respect he has in his approach.

ST Falcon rulez

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Repeating what others said he clearly loves games. But also people should understand that a lot of game designers are into analytical playing of games which often just means starting a game and getting enough of a glimpse to understand it. There is a lot of games that you can get to that way and there are certain type of games that you can get a really good understanding of fast.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
when you think about it, if he's spending 20 hours (which should be enough to beat most games these days) per game, in 240 games comes to 4800 hours but that isn't that much distributed over the whole year.

it comes to less than 2 hours per day. assuming he works 12 hours and sleeps 6 (his schedule is heavy) and spends 3 between eating/shower/transport/etc. he's got 3 extra hours for anything. he can spend 2 in a game and then 1 more is still free.
4800 hours in a year = less than 2 hours per day?
How many days are in your year?
What planet are you posting from?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
why are you guys questioning the validity of this? I thought by now we've already established that Sakurai's a de-aging immortal?

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
4800 hours in a year = less than 2 hours per day?
How many days are in your year?
What planet are you posting from?

365 days in a year, each day hasts 24 hours = 8760 hours in a year
240 games and 20 hours spent in each game = 4800 hours total

how here's where i messed up since the correct calculations mean he has to spend 13 hours per day to get through those 240 games if he plays 20 hours of each one.

that means he has to speed through them and do like 6-8 hours per game to play that many and still do everything else. weekends help since he's not at work then.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017