1. RaiOh

RaiOh

Sugiyama is not the only guy behind Dragon Quest. Stop being stupid, please.

2. SmashBro

SmashBro

Damn that’s good

3. FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

After Piranha Plant, anything is possible.

4. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Sakurai making sure he's shifting that blame to Nintendo because he know's we're about to be disappointed. You better start thinking of characters who will make money for Nintendo and characters Nintendo probably (keyword probably) won't have to spend money on...

Granblue character
    Steve

5. Edge

Edge

• User warned: Hostility to posters

Nintendo Fans are incredible. Can't believe this kind of postings are real.

6. Denman

Denman

I sort of get the feeling, based on that response, that none of the 5 DLC characters will be from 3rd parties.

7. Hero Alice

Hero Alice

Vergeben and Hitagi backtracked on the Granblue character, there is no reason to expect one anymore.

8. Paper Mario (Finally!! He would have an insane moveset for Smash! And it'll come packaged with an announcement of a new Paper Mario game for Switch)
    Sylux (Kensuke Tanabe's personal lovechild! He's gonna be playing a key role in MP4, going by MP3's ending, and Tanabe will literally beg for his inclusion)
    Captain Toad (The other major Mario choice. Nintendo will push hard for more Mario characters, and Sakurai will choose the most interesting one)
    Tingle or Kass (There will be some infighting here. The old guard at Nintendo love Tingle, but the newer guard will want more BOTW representation. Only one will survive)
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses Protagonist (Nintendo's marketing department will fist fight to make this happen and SakuraiBias will make it happen. This is a 100% guaranteed choice)

9. Okabe

Okabe

This is Capcoms time to shine

10. era once again kill another character (elma) by saying she's a hard lock for dlc

11. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Oh they did?

12. Idolvo

Idolvo

They announced the volume, but didn't specify what it entailed.

Sakurai even said in the last Direct that you shouldn't buy it unless you're certain of the quality or something similar.

13. RaiOh

RaiOh

Yeah, because nobody was disappointed with previous announcements, right?

14. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

Monster Hunter!
    Dante!
    Jill Valentine!
    Chun-Li!
    and Sniper Joe

15. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Imagine being so serious about this lol.

16. JangleLuke

JangleLuke

As for Sakurai's statement, count me on the camp "this doesn't mean much, stop being dramatic". And even if it did, I welcome (supposedly) new and fresh charachters.

17. link?

18. Idolvo

Idolvo

Y mon, GAMERS RISE UP

Smash is life!

(Obvious /s)

19. ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

They explicitly said only to buy it if you're confident in its content. If you're not, then just follow their advice and don't buy it?

I don't see what the problem is exactly?

20. wiill64

wiill64

If Nintendo has picked all of the characters then I reckon a new Xenoblade character has a fantastic chance of getting in. At least I hope so.

21. Tibarn

Tibarn

Let's cross our fingers.

22. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Anyways some good characters Nintendo can choose from first party

Twintelle
    Elma

I can still see
    Gene from Square making it in
    A character from Microsoft

That's how I see it. Xenoblade has a fantastic chance of making it.

23. MillionIII

MillionIII

Maybe next time brother, maybe next time...
    [​IMG]

24. RestEerie

RestEerie

DLC Character 1: Gwyn from Dark Souls
    DLC Character 2: The Tetris Block from Tetris
    DLC Character 3: Eric Cartman from South Park
    DLC Character 4: Huang Lee from GTA: China Town Wars
    DLC Character 5: Satoru Iwata from Heaven

25. Randdalf

Randdalf

Paper goddamn Mario

26. Idolvo

Idolvo

I think the real news here is a dev/publisher telling people to hold off on writing them a blank check.

27. neilyadig

neilyadig

This was the best thing Nintendo's done in awhile. Explicitly asking that only those who are confident in its value should pay for it. It really should shut a lot of people up (but probably won't).

28. ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

Omg this is so cynical. They just want to reveal the characters with cool reveal trailers rather than just listing them off. Not everything is a conspiracy.

29. Randdalf

Randdalf

People are gonna be so mad when a promotional Fire Emblem character takes up one of the slots

30. BigBluePig

BigBluePig

Not me, I love Fire Emblem, and I think the hubub around the characters is way overblown. There's only 5 and 4 of them are completely unique.

31. Lotus

Lotus

Listen to these guys

32. carlosrox

carlosrox

Goomba,
    Koopa Troopa,
    Shy Guy,
    Hammer Bro,
    Lakitu.

I wouldn't even be mad. I've wanted a Goomba or Koopa Troopa for years now.

33. Yukinari

Yukinari

I was mad about corrin and im not getting over it. Specifically cause sakurai's team talked him into it.

Like can we at least promote a different IP getting a sequel?

34. wiill64

wiill64

There's 7 FE characters: Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Chrom, Robin, and Corrin.
    That said I love the series so I wouldn't have a problem getting another FE character.

35. Shift Breaker

Shift Breaker

Captain Toad, two Pokemon and two Fire Emblem characters. Got it.

36. HMS_Pinafore

HMS_Pinafore

Hmmmm...

37. carlosrox

carlosrox

Okay, now THAT is good. Not super into memes memes memes but THAT is great. Bravo.

38. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

I said it before and now I see there being an even better chance of Nintendo using Smash to promote Metroid Prime 4. I can see Sylux from Metroid Prime 4 in Smash.

39. BigBluePig

BigBluePig

I can barely read that font color.
    Lucina and Chrom are echo fighters, i.e. "Premium Costumes". They don't count.

40. Seppala

Seppala

Rabbid Peach please

41. ZFallen

ZFallen

I've played Fates, enjoyed it immensely but even now Corrins' inclusion reeks of MARKETING for the (then) new FE. I hope that this wont be the case with the five DLC characters, especially if it's not Sakurai's team choosing. I have my doubts though, expecting more characters from new games than those from older games.

Rip Isaac :(

42. Mr.Fletcher

Mr.Fletcher

Come on Rex!

But seriously, and I know I’ll catch flak for saying it, I don’t think they can do any worse than Sakurai.

I’m not excited for any newcomer revealed so far - but I realise I’m in the minority.

I’m not sure if this announcement makes some of my dreams more likely or not.

Having said all of that, I don’t like Nintendo choosing the DLC. There’s just something about it that isn’t right to me.

43. carlosrox

carlosrox

They should do a Metroid.

Use the baby Metroid from Super and the character can be called SUPER METROID, cuz that was the semi pun they used for the game title.

Metroid is the name of the fucking series, what the story is based around, and a major character/enemy.

I would love a playable Metroid. It could be the small hatchling as well as the SUPER Metroid it ends up being at the end.

44. Idolvo

Idolvo

Sorry was meant as a joke!

Should have put an /s there

45. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

If Piranha Plant can be a fighter, then anything can. Of course Metroid is more important and symbolic to its series compared to Piranha Plant.

46. Jeb

Jeb

For the love of god, Sakurai, put the Doom Guy.

I swear, I’ll shut up about Knight Solaire and Pheonix Wright, just let the walking embodiement of baddassery in.

47. Good. Glad to see him finally tell the community to shut up. Y’all been spamming him for years and they are tired of it.

48. febLey

febLey

Let the speculations begin.

49. Idolvo

Idolvo

And this is why it is such a great addition, it just shows us "anything goes" in Smash.

Except Goku. Or Banjo. Or Master Chief.

Also please don't add Steve.

50. Idolvo

Idolvo

Did I read the tweet right as in: Nintendo made a short list of possible characters, and now Sakurai and his team get to pick the actual characters (depending on the move sets they can think off)? Or did I missread and did Nintendo actually give them a list of 5 characters.

51. ManCityX

ManCityX

I still think assist trophies have a chance of becoming full on fighters, especially if the DLC is Nintendo only.

Possible favourites:

Spring Man (although a female rep may be better)
    Waluigi
    Dixie Kong
    Captain Toad
    Paper Mario
    Sylux
    Rex
    Bald Bull
    FE: Three Houses rep
    Mayor Pauline