• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I don't understand why people think things like this completely negate a January Direct. There's still two full weeks of the month left, and Nintendo doesn't announce them until 2-3 days in advance anyway. These videos are there to clear up space for other stuff because they know that if they were to announce a Direct, then spend 10 minutes on Pokemon DLC and another 10 minutes on the new Smash character....people would lose their shit. People will probably lose their shit anyway but like....have faith y'all.

On topic...I'm always taken aback whenever there's a surprise Nintendo announcement because it comes completely out of left field. I really should buy the fighter's pass and start playing Smash again. I haven't touched my Switch in a while...mostly out of laziness :-\
They do ?
Because January has 16 days in its month now ?

If anything the fact that there are 2 others just make it more likely for next week as a build up.

But this video mostly shows that anything can happen and really I'm still convinced they could throw a general direct 2 hours after Sakurai video, announced today, just for trolling.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally Linly's time to shine!

3e2fa7de93047a89bf6915ea446cc7fafecc2c1281ae42657d815f6194ed9dfc_thumb.png

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I see KOS-MOS written, I think it is just some generic robot, but then I realise it's just a generic anime girl instead.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want Dante because I already kind of know how he fights. Give me something very weird, like Opoona.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because the background is brown, and Sakurai is holding up three fingers, my final answer is Crash Bandicoot.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Yup.
No Nintendo Direct eh? Oh well, this is exciting news!

We're not getting a January direct, are we?
Interesting. That's a new move. Guess that means we're not getting a Nintendo Direct this month (and before you try to be a smart-ass, "Pokemon Direct" != "Nintendo Direct", the names are different).
no direct till e3. you should know now.

I'm in total agreement that having the Pokemon direct and this Smash video means they're building up for something more major in the next couple weeks. They don't want to bog down the first direct of the new year with Pokemon DLC and Smash DLC.

It's gonna be sick

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Yup.

I'm in total agreement that having the Pokemon direct and this Smash video means they're building up for something more major in the next couple weeks. They don't want to bog down the first direct of the new year with Pokemon DLC and Smash DLC.

It's gonna be sick
Don't get a drink and popcorn for it, you're gonna spit it all.
So much secret it can only mean craziness, especially on a 4th year of such a popular system.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
It's probably Dante, but Capcom already has 3 fighters in the roster...I'm thinking outside the box, but I hope it's someone we would never guess.

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Why would a random Xenoblade 2 blade be more exciting?

Very low, I think they want to save that for the next direct or at E3
Everytime I see KOS-MOS written, I think it is just some generic robot, but then I realise it's just a generic anime girl instead.

She's not a Blade or just some generic anime girl :(

DZDoM1T.gif

Really though, I just want some kind of new Xeno character......KOS-MOS, Shion, Elma, Lin, MOMO, Jr., Ziggy, Lora, Morag....I'll even take Orgulla (not really). The series needs more representation.

But, I still have hope Rex and Pyra/Mythra will make it in eventually.

ZTpXO3l.gif

I really have no idea who the next fighter is. I hope it's at least something unexpected.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
Is Geralt from the Witcher 3. Sorry to spoil it for you all.

His move set is fucking awesome. His recovery move is Aard, down special is Quen, and side special is Igni.

May 15, 2019
What's the tier list in that game anyway? Is Ryu still mid tier?
IDK if things changed with the new expansion that just launched but for most of last season Ryu was top tier because Shinkyu Hadoken is ridiculous. Being able to do an uncounterable 7 damage to a unit combined with a lot of red units that do instant damage when played let him just control the board.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Before the Netflix show I was firmly in the camp that Sakurai would make an exception to the video game origins only rule for Geralt, but now I'm not sure.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
We've got over 5 FE characters. I don't think that matters lol.

But those are first-party characters and three of them dates back to Melee and Brawl.

That and I don't see why Capcom needs four characters when Namco, the people who made the game, only has one and he was based roster in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.