• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
ONLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWER

6OJYU9g_d.jpg

according to Zippo she's sadly not coming as #5 but maybe down the line. I can't verify that last part meaning anything though.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
But those are first-party characters and three of them dates back to Melee and Brawl.

That and I don't see why Capcom needs four characters when Namco, the people who made the game, only has one and he was based roster in Smash 4.

The way I see it, it's not about filling in a quota. Third party, first party, doesn't matter.

It's about whether a character is interesting or not. Sakurai thought the FE cast were interesting enough to add in a crapload of them.

Anyway we're going to see eventually. Less than 9 hours to go regardless.

As would I. Though Yen or Triss would be preferable especially as Geralt already made an appearance in a recent Namco-developed fighting game, but what can you do.

Yen would instant KO someone with that teleport trick of hers lol.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The way I see it, it's not about filling in a quota. Third party, first party, doesn't matter.

It's about whether a character is interesting or not. Sakurai thought the FE cast were interesting enough to add in a crapload of them.

Anyway we're going to see eventually. Less than 9 hours to go regardless.

Yen would instant KO someone with that teleport trick of hers lol.

But there are other third-party reps, if the DLC is third-party, that isn't Capcom. As for FE, Corrin got in at a request from Nintendo and Crom is in by popular demand. So it wasn't all, 'they were interesting'. In fact, only Robin got in for that reason.

And it does matter since you can't compare first-party to third, otherwise we would be comparing reps like Mario and Pokemon. Forget FE, which everyone here loves to name for having a lot of characters.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I just realized that if you put together all of the characters that people are rooting for, it starts forming a pattern.

Geno and KOS-MOS? Basically gun-wielding blue robots.
Crash? One letter away from Clash.
Arle? From a puzzle game, like how defeating opponents by discovering their weak points is a puzzle.
Skull Kid? Causes an apocalypse, which would naturally be followed by a post-apocalypse
Travis Touchdown? The sort of nerd who would know about dead old Nintendo series.
Dante? Defeats enemies as stylishly as possible, as you're free to do in a light gun game where you're free to destroy enemies by taking them apart piece by piece.
Waluigi? A character everyone loves that's been ignored far too long.

It's too much to be a coincidence now. Someone is clearly manipulating the Smash fandom for a very clear purpose.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
But there are other third-party reps, if the DLC is third-party, that isn't Capcom. As for FE, Corrin got in at a request from Nintendo and Crom is in by popular demand. So it wasn't all, 'they were interesting'. In fact, only Robin got in for that reason.

And it does matter since you can't compare first-party to third, otherwise we would be comparing reps like Mario and Pokemon. Forget FE, which everyone here loves to name for having a lot of characters.

If you put it that way, then that just widens the net all the more, and company quotas don't matter.

They don't need to evenly distribute company representation or anything like that lol.

Feb 21, 2018
I'm no insider but I've heard Fortnite is likely. It goes against the Smash speculation echo chamber but in our hearts we all know it's true. I've never played Fortnite but Nintendo would be insane not to cash in.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Hope the trailer does something again with the Smash invitation

Loved the Terry announcement in that regard

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Is it fair to say that Travis Touchdown has a really good chance? Not assuming this last one for the first fighter pass, but the second.

Perhaps this fighter will be in a game that's releasing soon as well

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy for every character that will make it, but I would be the most happiest if it would be Sora *cross fingers*

derangedcrowd

Jun 10, 2019
Hmm.. if this Zippo person is supposed to be a "reliable insider".. they should drop us a stronger hint to confirm this.. it's a win for us because we get something to speculate, and It's a win for them because they truly become a more trusted individual. It just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't at least drop a hint considering Shinobi up and leaked Banjo cryptically.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
being a reliable insider grants you bonuses like *checks notes* people constantly bothering you through private messages

derangedcrowd

Jun 10, 2019
Exactly. You don't have to be lonely anymore. Better being harassed than having little to no contact with the outside world.

derangedcrowd

Jun 10, 2019
Honestly.. I'm calling it now. Based off the news about DMC and Zippo's claims, I think it's safe to say the DLC 5 will be a character that rhymes with mon-tey. That covers two characters you all know well. (One is a genie)

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Since Haruka is going to be character 76 (cos 765 is the Namco number), I have concluded character 75 will be Cooking Mama instead.

motherday05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.