• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ARLE GANG

BJPeZDH.gif
If Arle is in, every Arle fan has a duty to post this.

D6jLIBnWkAASrNn

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't mind Hakurei Reimu being included.

I know it will never happen.
I applaud your cognizance concerning Reimu because I've seen that name come up in a non-ironic way from several posters over the last few weeks...
I mean, I'll take any left-field character choice as long as they're fun. Hell, I looooove Dante and I still hope the lot of us are wrong about him. I love being totally surprised by these things.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Honestly imo they should make Waluigi a playable character released the same way they did Piranha Plant. Separate DLC. I know he's a meme but it would be cool to have all four main Mario bros characters together.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Waluigi and Wario are even related? It made a lot of sense to include Wario when hes the star of his own wacky series of games.
Waluigi is that strange lanky guy you get as a ringer for your sports team because you're short a player

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I believe it was already confirmed that Wario and Waluigi are not related at all yeah. Just "bros" in the friend sense.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't think Sakurai would allow another dev to even hint at the fighter being revealed, so surely the Dante news is a bit of a false trail.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think Sakurai would allow another dev to even hint at the fighter being revealed, so surely the Dante news is a bit of a false trail.
Plus, Sakurai is a respected fellow of the industry so I don't think another team would want to ruin the surprise knowing it would disappoint him.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's Dante. Only Joker hasn't leaked in advance. Piranha Plant was leaked. Hero was leaked. Banjo was leaked. And Terry was leaked.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Personally I think the Dante hints are international, but to trick everyone. I feel like they will announce Viewtiful Joe if they don't announce Dante.

Not sure how they would structure the announcement, guessing VJ character reveal/trailer. Sylvia Echo Fighter included or alternate. Then explain that Capcom is releasing DMC 3 and VJ1+2 for Switch.

Talk about VJ's moves. End with a sneak peek or silhouette of a new character to be first in the Challenger pack 2.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
This. I think it is more of a coincidence than anything.

Which I also like because it adds to the overall speculation over who this 5th fighter ends up being.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hope it's not another anime character. Really hope it's a classic Nintendo character or Doom guy or something. Anime Sword fighter #25 would be soooooo boring.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Does Sakurai really have another series he can devote 35 loving minutes to in a Direct? His respect for King of Fighters was well-documented and prolific

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally not expecting it. At most a "stay tuned for future details on the next batch of Smash DLC."

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised though.

I wouldn't be too shocked if right at the end of the stream, Sakurai announces Fighter's Pass 2 and reveals a WIP model or even just a silhouette of a freebie character you get for purchasing the second pass. Someone not very hype on their own, but a sweet deal for free. Someone like Bandana Waddle Dee, or Captain Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.