• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious if anyone has any idea of the sales numbers of these systems? Anecdotally, it seems like there's more buzz/enthusiasm/positive response to the Xbox One X around launch vs the PS4 Pro around launch, but are there any numbers to back that up?

I own both, and both systems are great, but I do believe that Microsoft has a much more fully fleshed out vision with their version of the iterative console.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Put one of these in the title

giphy.gif

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Launch aligned, I'd expect X to be ahead in US. But Pro is likely outselling X right now because of the huge price difference.

Worldwide, I think you already know the winner.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really have a leg to stand on when you don't have much substance to your posts either.

I'd also argue that the thread title could be phrased better but it's not clickbait.

It may not have been intentional click bait, but come on .. when you see this:

Sales Numbers: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro

You expect to see numbers.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Sony say around 1 in 5 PS4 sales is a Pro? So if that was the case for last year the Pro sold around 4m last year. Not really a great way to do it, but I don't think anyone tracks the Pro or the X separately from the base models.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It may not have been intentional click bait, but come on .. when you see this:

Sales Numbers: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro

You expect to see numbers.

Not to be annoyingly pedantic but clickbait by definition is intentional. Like I said I agree it could have been phrased better.

Didn't Sony say around 1 in 5 PS4 sales is a Pro? So if that was the case for last year the Pro sold around 4m last year. Not really a great way to do it, but I don't think anyone tracks the Pro or the X separately from the base models.

Media Create does I believe. But since the Xbox One sells poorly in Japan and it's not the PS4's strongest territory, I don't think there's much to draw on from the data we do have there.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018

I mean, we obviously do, but unless there's a major milestone, I doubt it would be made public.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I expected numbers. There were no numbers.

Last we heard around 1 in 5 were buying a PS4 Pro vs a standard PS4.
Microsoft hasn't really shared anything for Xbox One X. Sony haven't provided any actual figures either.

Status
Not open for further replies.