• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's an article emphasizing the whole thing but you only need this bit

Sam Jackson:
I mean, [the Avengers are] up against some really, really tough odds right now, we saw throughout Infinity War. So now we know we need something that's as powerful as Thanos, and at some point, we'll find out how powerful she is and all the things that she's capable of. She's one of the few people in the Marvel universe that can time travel.

Maybe she can't beat cancer, but she can take a wizard's name, and now she can time travel

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is this like a mighty ducks type of situation where when the team needs it the most they very conveniently find the kid with the leather jacket and sunglasses who is really good at X and that gives them the winning edge?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
you said we only needed that bit, but i dont know who the hell you're talking about

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
Could also be shes the only one who DOESNT need to go through the Quantum realm. Could just tell the Avengers "I'll meet you in (Insert time period)." and just go.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I really hope the big McGuffin ISN'T 'Hey there's been this ultra powerful hero who can time travel THE WHOLE MCU and we're just getting round to introducing her now."

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Captain Marvel is that school playground character you invented when you really didn't want to let little Jimmy's Superman toy to win the fight against your Chinese knock off super hero.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think he means it literally, like she has the power of time travel, even if I think that it is likely that she time travels in some way. She could essentially have a Steve Rogers sort of "time travel" being "frozen" then revived decades later.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's just saying she can time travel in the comics, not that is what she's going to do in the movie.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Twist, he's talking about Dark Phoenix. It's all been a work, wake up sheeple.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Has Captain Marvel been frozen inside a tube while Loki, Ultron, Thanos, and various others were murdering people?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still dead convinced all these "leaks" by the stars with MCU films are planned, planted and 100% marketing. Interesting tidbit though, you'd assume he's talking about Carol but could just as easily be Rescue.

Please don't retcon IM3's ending, I want more Super Pepper Potts!

Oct 27, 2017
I think we were all expecting some sort of time travel fuckery, no?

Not through the sheer willpower or abilities of one character, no. Through the quantum realm or time stone, yes.

He could be implying that though, maybe she's the only one strong enough to do it. Which really wouldn't make sense to me because Thor has the Odin force, and Ant-Man has been there before, but whatever.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Time travel would be the most lazy way of reversing Thanos snap. Not surprised since it's hollywood we're talking about.

Oct 30, 2017
I swear to god if the entire long ass movie series is resolved by the most boring character in comics doing time travel, I will be so damn pissed.