• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Comics do this stuff all the damn time, no?
Yeah, but you're used to seeing characters on a monthly basis in comics. It's inconvenient and stings a little when you lose them for a year before their inevitable return. In addition, anticipating their return and guessing at the when and how us a part of the fun at this point.

You only see these guys in the MCU once a few years anyways.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sam Jackson films so much fuckin superhero shit, that I'm sure he probably doesn't even know what's out or not at any given time lol

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, but Thanos still has an active Time Stone. There is probably going to be a lot of jumping in and out of points across the timelines as they try to stop each other. I wonder too if now that the gauntlet has all 6 stones, albeit very damaged, it is somehow now feeding him information? Have the comics every touched on the gauntlet having sometype of cosmic sentience once it is complete?

Everyone in here saying Infinity War. We're talking about EndGame, right? Because I'm getting confused.

Yea this is about Endgame.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone in here saying Infinity War. We're talking about EndGame, right? Because I'm getting confused.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh god, they're going to just have Thanos get taken out with brute force, aren't they? What happened with Thor made me think they were too good for that. I guess not.
"Look how powerful this new hero is! Be excite!" zzzzzzzzzzz

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the big McGuffin ISN'T 'Hey there's been this ultra powerful hero who can time travel THE WHOLE MCU and we're just getting round to introducing her now."

This garbage has been the sword over the mcu's head the second they decided to go all in Captain Marvel so late into the story.

What makes it unacceptable is that they didn't want to do Adam for this very reason yet deus ex machina is about to happen with this other new character.

I'm gonna remain hopeful that they dont do this but at this point I'm kinda scared.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
This garbage has been the sword over the mcu's head the second they decided to go all in Captain Marvel so late into the story.

What makes it unacceptable is that they didn't want to do Adam for this very reason yet deus ex machina is about to happen with this other new character.

I'm gonna remain hopeful that they dont do this but at this point I'm kinda scared.

It would be bullshit, quite frankly. It might retroactively harm the MCU.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Possibly Infinity War Endgame spoilers confirming the above? :

Wasn't time travel by Captain Marvel already confirmed months ago by filming done on the set at Edwards AFB? I work out here and one of my coworkers got to go to the set, meet Jackson and saw Annette Benning playing future Captain Marvel with what he thought to be Rocket Racoon? Could have swore it was reported elsewhere too

Not that I didn't believe my coworker or the others but to hear Sam Jackson mention it.. welp 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I kinda of prefer the ideas of Antman/realm or Stark wielding the full gauntlet over a being that can just shift time at will.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Possibly Infinity War Endgame spoilers confirming the above? :

Wasn't time travel by Captain Marvel already confirmed months ago by filming done on the set at Edwards AFB? I work out here and one of my coworkers got to go to the set, meet Jackson and saw Annette Benning playing future Captain Marvel with what he thought to be Rocket Racoon? Could have swore it was reported elsewhere too

Not that I didn't believe my coworker or the others but to hear Sam Jackson mention it.. welp 🤷‍♂️

That makes zero sense considering the lines we already heard from Benning in the Captain Marvel trailer

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
That makes zero sense considering the lines we already heard from Benning in the Captain Marvel trailer

Oh really? Ok! I don't remember seeing her in the trailers.

I'd thought he told me Benning was wearing the CM costume, looked like an older version of her, and they were filming a small SFX character near her that was the size of Rocket (with a placeholder cardboard stand up if something else)

Oct 26, 2017
I have absolutely no interest in a character with no stakes deus ex machina the fuck out of everything. The ones in IW had years of movies to build up their characters and develop their respective characters. One movie ain't going to cut it for Carol.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Having a new, not particularly beloved comic book character sweep in and steal all the thunder from the much toted "10 years buildup" of this storyline would be perfection.

I can see the title:

Nobody's Favourite Superhero Captain Marvel: Endgame

also featuring The Avengers

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As opposed to every other movie where people don't die for real because they're played by actors acting.
1*UDUtGU1NqByb_yZmnhNTPw.png

Is this dude trolling fr hahahah

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
It'll be fun how they explain why Nick Fury waited all this time to page Cap Marvel, considering she can't have been busy doing other shit since being able to time travel literally means she can be at two places at the same time.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I mean It was obvious that Captain Marvel is the key player.

She is OP as fuck, and I love it.

Edit. Doesn't she have a stone that can control all of the Infinity Stones?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Edit. Doesn't she have a stone that can control all of the Infinity Stones?
I hope she does and it all just ends in the mother of all Deus Ex Machinas.

"Hey Cap, there's this super powerful character you have never heard of, but has been here all the time and we knew of her but we decided not to text her because it seemed like you had a pretty good grasp on the situation. Also, she can time travel and undo everything that happened in the last movie . Also, remember those stones from earlier? Yeah, she has a previously unmentioned stone that's even more powerful and negates all of them. K thnx bye, see you for the next MCU movie."

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
My guess is she cannot time travel the way we all think but it's more like Dr. Manhattan where she can experience time in different times simultaneously. That's what it looks like from her trailer.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Unlike with Adam Warlock they've gone to extreme lengths to set Carol up with her own movie and she's less weird in general than that goofball.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

"Hey Cap, there's this super powerful character you have never heard of, but has been here all the time and we knew of her but we decided not to text her because it seemed like you had a pretty good grasp on the situation. Also, she can time travel and undo everything that happened in the last movie . Also, remember those stones from earlier? Yeah, she has a previously unmentioned stone that's even more powerful and negates all of them. K thnx bye, see you for the next MCU movie."

Can't wait for all the Youtube videos saying Endgame had the smartest complicated plot in the history of movie-making

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019

Shamelessly stolen from Google:
With or without a seventh Infinity Stone, Captain Marvel is very powerful and this theorist, who thinks Thanos' click actually created two alternate universes rather than killing everyone, reckons she could put them back together.
The theorist continued: "So what if she is actually so powerful that she is capable of holding the two alternate universes in place for a long enough time to where the Avengers can assemble once more in a single universe and come up with a plan to defeat Thanos by getting Gamora out of the Soul Realm?
"Ant-Man can travel inside the Soul Stone retrieve Gamora and once they are out Captain Marvel will not have to hold the alternate universes into one anymore because the alternate universes will come back to one.
"Because Thanos technically did not give 'a soul for a soul' if Gamora is retrieved according to the Soul Stone.
"Once the universe is back to one, the Soul stone will go back to its planet of origin where the Red Skull will protect and watch over it."

She is going to wreck shit, that is a 100% sure bet.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
We saw the quantum tunnel in the first teaser. They're definitely going to the quantum realm. Maybe she's just a shortcut once they've found her.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait to see Squirrel Girl do her thing 🐿 💫

That would seriously be the best thing ever. Imagine some huge end fight, Thanos killed a shitload of old Avengers... but can hardly stand on his feet. And then out of nowhere (without any introduction earlier in the movie) Squirrel Girl shows up, throws her squirrel at Thanos, knocking him out.

bEe2GFC.jpg