• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 30, 2018
No headphone jack and similar iPhone camera set up with a pimple notch camera.

Samsung_Galaxy_Note_10_vs_Note_10_Pro_5K_1.0.jpg

The Note is traditionally Samsung's premier platform for showing off new phone technology (setting aside the Galaxy Fold for a moment, anyway). This year, rumors point to the company creating two different sizes, one of which will be 5G, and neither of which will have a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Most recently, we have the above-pictured, leaked render from @Onleaks and Pricebabawhich shows Samsung getting closer to eliminating the top and bottom bezels altogether. It also moves Samsung's hole punch selfie camera to the middle, instead of off to the side as it is on the Galaxy S10. Rumors point to the larger Note having a massive 6.75-inch screen while the smaller should be 6.3 inches diagonally. It appears there will be three cameras on the back, aligned vertically instead of horizontally.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Guess I'm not getting the Note 10. Dang it I just wanted the headphone jack.

Though now I'm wondering if I should go with Note 9 or S10.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
aside from the stylus, whats the point of getting a Note again? I mean the S10 is powerful as fuck. What other new technologies can there be except 5g?

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
What new does this bring to the table? Seems pretty boring. I'll wait and see what the Galaxy S11 brings. Sounds like they will use one of their new larger image sensors as well and new 5x or 10x zoom lens. The Note 10 is just the last of a string of incrimental updates where as the S11 seems to be introducing some actual new tech.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
aside from the stylus, whats the point of getting a Note again? I mean the S10 is powerful as fuck. What other new technologies can there be except 5g?
Why exclude the stylus when that's basically one of, if not the main selling points? After my note 8 (first note) I found that I really value the pen. My note 8 has been pissing me off lately and my screen is cracked. Can't wait to upgrade. Couldn't give less of a shit about a headphone jack either.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Never had a 7 to compare but it's a great phone, runs fast with no issues, probably won't upgrade unless it develops any issues

Also has the jack and no notch...
Cool, I normally wouldn't be in a rush but the battery in my 7 seems tired. I have ti charge it like twice a day

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
What did you have before? And how are you liking it comparatively?
I had the S7. The S10E is basically better in every way (I also have the upgraded version of the S10E with more space and ram)

My phone requirements are basically: No edge screen, sd card, headphone jack, water resistance.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The center punch-out really bothers me. It brings way too much attention to itself when it's not offset imo.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Why exclude the stylus when that's basically one of, if not the main selling points? After my note 8 (first note) I found that I really value the pen. My note 8 has been pissing me off lately and my screen is cracked. Can't wait to upgrade. Couldn't give less of a shit about a headphone jack either.

I'm the same way. My Note 8 was my first Note and I love the S-Pen way to much to give it up. My Note 8 is still running great.

The lack of a headphone jack really doesn't bother me as I have a pair of Galaxy Buds, but I get why its removal pisses people off.

I'm probably going to get the smaller model, as 6.3in is more than perfect for me, or I might spring for a Note 9 if I can get one for cheap. All I really want is the stereo speakers and T-Mobile 600mhz band.

Here's hoping its available in black at launch.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had an 8, have a 9, but rarely if ever use the stylus. But I do use the headphone Jack.

Might stick with 9 for a while I guess.

I'm sure they'll put better software on 10 and refuse to put it on 9 for no good reason though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the heart rate sensor? Samsung's not ditching that given their whole Health ecosystem.

I don't buy this as the final product/design.

edit: Missing the Bixby button too? I definitely don't think this is it.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy how beautiful the S10 is and how fugly the Note 10 is. One of the most stark differences I've seen between similar products sold by the same company at the same time.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Of all the phones to not have a headphone jack, they start with their literally biggest one.. You know one that probably has plenty of retail space to fit a hole into

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's insane, my s8 plus is still running like a champ. I might even wait until the s11 is announced and if that doesn't have a headphone jack then the s10 should be much cheaper.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
People here actually calling this an "ugly" phone is like people on the gaming side thinking any review giving a score below 8/10 means the game is absolute trash

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this holds true - I guess I'll be getting a Note 9. Sad, as I thought I read that there was some sort of new surprise coming for the S-Pen in the Note 10?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sucks that it doesn't have a jack. Designwise it reminds me of a Nokia Lumia 925.