• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Samsung's design seems more safe than having the screen on the front. I'm sure their second gen stuff would have it on the outside like all the rest

beins

Oct 25, 2017
The screen on the huawei looks creased and crinkled in some of the shots, as if you can still see the fold when it is open. It looks pretty cheaply made. But I prefer the form factor to that of the Samsung.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I think the "phone mode" screen is wayyy too thin for my liking.

I'll pass the first generation but clearly this is the future.

When they make them less thick, but wider etc.. it's going to be the perfect device IMO.
What do you need a "normal" phone size for when it's folded? I prefer it this way. Any additional size just adds to the bulk.

The only issue I have with it is the folded screen size. The top & bottom bezel bugs me, but I'm not in the market for it anytime soon, so hopefully that'd be addressed gens from now when it matters to me heh.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Price tag is ridiculous. I like the idea of a portable method that yields a bigger screen though since most of my off moments at work is spent reading stuff on comixology on a phone screen.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
all that (in terms of tech and price), just for a screen that is slightly larger than my non folding phone?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Strongly considering getting this. If I get a new job and all my bills paid off I think this will be next big purchase in the summer unless new consoles or a Halo infinite release date gets announced.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017

signal

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/1/1...dable-phone-case-screen-protector-spigen-zagg

BEOq13J.png

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Foldable phones are going to be awesome, I love it. Just fix all that dead space on the front screen in the next few iterations and I'm in.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it, Huawei's design is nice but not practical when you consider that the material for the screen will be more prone to scratches than glass. I'm thinking that's why Samsung did it their way at this time.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I.. I want one, but I see a ton of things I hate that I am sure will be improved upon relatively soon. I think my S9+ is still everything I need in a phone, enough that I can't justify making the jump to a Fold anytime soon.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems very first-generation, but an admirable attempt to be sure. It'll be fun to see where this tech goes.