• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
So, It's basically a Mate 20 Pro, with a different screen.

The Mate 20 Pro does that.

With a headphone jack, better software UI, and much longer software support then the mate 20, plus a class leading display.

Plus I've been turned off the mate 20 phones after the recent scandals about the Chinese company.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't deny, the reverse fast charge for other phones and the earphones is pretty sick.

This will cost an arm & leg off contract.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm just trying to decide between the S10 or the S10+, all the features seem to be a good reason to upgrade from my Pixel 2 XL

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good but I hate the camera being on the screen. Do they allow you to make the screen smaller to hide it? By that I mean making the picture stop just before the camera.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Charging a phone with another phone is pretty cool but sounds like something I'd never practically use. I have an XL 2 and 90% of the time I still have at least 30% battery left when plugging into charge at night.

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
Charging a phone with another phone is pretty cool but sounds like something I'd never practically use. I have an XL 2 and 90% of the time I still have at least 30% battery left when plugging into charge at night.
I think that's more just to show off its capabilities. I can see it being useful for like topping off your wireless ear buds case that supports QI charging and other accessories.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
The hardware looks so damn slick, even if I don't care for the front camera placement.

Glad to see the headphone jack is back though! That means other companies might follow "the Android leader" now and bring it back.

I won't buy one due to their custom OS stuff but glad to see them drive some innovation!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
The Unpacked event is today, right?. Besides the announcement thread there's not much talk about it. Seems weird, especially since the Samsung Galaxy Fold will be unveiled too, right?

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
lol at the peeps trying to justify their Huawei purchases in here. Mate 20 pro can't even touch the Note 9.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
wow the battery sharing thing is awesome. i never thought we would live in a world where samsung is more innovative then apple these last few years

Samsung has always been more innovative. They were putting out 6 inch OLED phones with a stylus when Apple was still doing 2.5" LCDs

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I'm personally interested in the folding device that's going to be announced, although it will most certainly be out of my budget for a phone.
I have a feeling the Fold will not be that detailed in this event, or it would attract more attention away from the breadwinner, The S10.
I can see both devices showing up, with the fold as an alternate high end experimental device that would certainly be coming later

Dec 11, 2017
Any chance of new software updates dropping with this event? I'm keen on that rumoured night sight mode coming to my Note 9.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
lol at the peeps trying to justify their Huawei purchases in here. Mate 20 pro can't even touch the Note 9.
For real. The Mate 20 pro is not a bad phone, per se. But EMUI, the OLED problems it suffers, poor ram management, Chinese Gov backed company, etc make them a big negative.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a link to the actual commercial, without a guy talking over it the whole time (who calls it a trailer, not a commercial)?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
The Huawei phones look nice, I owned a Nexus 6P, but after that phones issues and all the recent news about that company and their blatant IP theft, I'll never buy another device from them again.

My S8+ has been great. I don't even need to upgrade, but I might depending on what Samsung shows today.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
When would that ever be a useful feature? Do you plan on buying two phones? Use cases for this seem extremely narrow.

Just seems like a useless feature used to say they "innovated" rather than something someone might actually use.
Saving drunk people during a night on the town. Oh man I need to call an Uber but my phone is dead. Seen it too many times.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
The hardware looks so damn slick, even if I don't care for the front camera placement.

Glad to see the headphone jack is back though! That means other companies might follow "the Android leader" now and bring it back.

I won't buy one due to their custom OS stuff but glad to see them drive some innovation!
Why not just use a custom launcher?

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just use a custom launcher?
A custom launcher won't remove the shitty UI design on any stock apps. Which is my issue with most Chinese phones, they all have this super trash looking UI design that's awful to look at.

EDIT: I thought that we were talking about chinese phones.

Last edited:

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
A custom launcher won't remove the shitty UI design on any stock apps. Which is my issue with most Chinese phones, they all have this super trash looking UI design that's awful to look at.
I don't know, it seems totally fine to me. I use a custom launcher and disabled Bixby, and I still get the amazing Samsung Internet and Samsung Pay apps. I dig it.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Charging other stuff sounds super nice in theory but my S8 was plagued with battery issues after a year or so even after factory resets and disabling a lot of packages through AdHell, so lets see how the phones battery will perform, because otherwise its an useless gimmick if your phone is also almost dead.

If you can charge a phone off the back of a S10, what happens if you put 2 S10s next to each other? Some sort of black hole opens up?
I wanna see the S10 charging up a Note 7 if there are still any out there.