• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about prices. Sprint has the S9 for $5/month and the S9+ for $10/month. Those are pretty insane prices. I am more than happy about the speed of my S8+, but I have dropped it enough over the last two years that I am ready for an upgrade just to get rid of the physical damage. At those prices, might just lower my monthly bill instead of going for the latest and greatest.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao at the Apple salt in here.

Phone looks great, but none of these flagships are worth the price of admission imo.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
When would that ever be a useful feature? Do you plan on buying two phones? Use cases for this seem extremely narrow.

Just seems like a useless feature used to say they "innovated" rather than something someone might actually use.
And here we are, again. When Apple invents this feature it will be called "revolutionary".

It's a nice feature that lets you juice up other qi gadgets/phones when necessary. It's a feature, and the more the merrier.

Also, LOL at comparing it to the iPad.pro charging the pencil. Not surprised it came from the biggest fanboy on era.

Oct 26, 2017
And here we are, again. When Apple invents this feature it will be called "revolutionary".

It's a nice feature that lets you juice up other qi gadgets/phones when necessary. It's a feature, and the more the merrier.

When did I bring up Apple? Stick to the topic.

So you're out and about and your friend has a dying phone and doesn't have a charger for some reason. So you both decide you'll stop and sit down someplace so he can slowly charge his phone off of yours. Hours later, you both have half-dead batteries.

Progress!

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
When would that ever be a useful feature? Do you plan on buying two phones? Use cases for this seem extremely narrow.

Just seems like a useless feature used to say they "innovated" rather than something someone might actually use.
If it's general Qi charging, it'd mean you could use the phone to charge anything with built-in wireless charging - correct? So basically all current Galaxies, Pixels, Iphones, etc. Means the phone doubles as a battery pack for other phones.

Now did Samsung include this tech exclusively for the inevitable ad where an iPhone user has to ask an 10+ user for a charge? Almost certainly. Still, it's a neat feature that will only become more useful as the technology becomes standardized. Imagine using your phone to charge your wireless headphones, or power external accessories - all without an additional cord or dongle.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK

Maybe your GF/BF/Wife/Husband has a phone iwth wireless charging and a smaller battery (most dont have a 4100 in them and this has qucik charging with a cable when home) and maybe they need charging when you dont have a charger on you?
That cant happen, nah...

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe your GF/BF/Wife/Husband has a phone iwth wireless charging and a smaller battery and maybe they need charging when you dont have a charger on you?
That cant happen, nah...

How often are you anywhere without a charger?

How long does Qi charging take (particularly on phones that already have this feature that Samsung is now getting credit for having "invented")?

Why would I give up my own battery life so me and someone else can both have nearly dead devices?

It seems like a solution in search of a problem. I mean, sure it's "neat." But it doesn't seem like it'll be useful except in extremely rare situations.

But whatever. It's obvious this is turning in Phone Warz shit, so I'll drop it here. Lord knows someone can't point out the flaws of one phone without doing so because they're currently jerking off onto another phone.

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017

It will probably be advertised to charge the wireless earbuds and could be helpful to charge a friend's or significant other's phones. Outside of that I can't think of what else it could be used for but still a unique new feature for a phone to have.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

So you're out and about and your friend has a dying phone and doesn't have a charger for some reason. So you both decide you'll stop and sit down someplace so he can slowly charge his phone off of yours. Hours later, you both have half-dead batteries.

Progress!

How long does Qi charging take (particularly on phones that already have this feature that Samsung is now getting credit for having "invented")?

Why would I give up my own battery life so me and someone else can both have nearly dead devices?

It seems like a solution in search of a problem. I mean, sure it's "neat." But it doesn't seem like it'll be useful except in extremely rare situations.

But whatever. It's obvious this is turning in Phone Warz shit, so I'll drop it here. Lord knows someone can't point out the flaws of one phone without doing so because they're currently jerking off onto another phone.
Why are you so fucking aggressive over a feature?
You lost your shit over nothing. It's a nice feature, and just that. It actually is a fast wireless charger, too (9watts compared to the 3-5(?) Watts of the mate 20.pro).

It may be a gimmick, but, hey, it's there and doesn't hurt anybody.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch the video. Is battery share what it sounds like? Sharing your battery with someone else via NFC?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
ryan seacrest aired the new Samsung galaxy ad on the radio. (just the usual talking piece from him)

OP
OP
hanmik

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
ryan seacrest aired the new Samsung galaxy ad on the radio. (just the usual talking piece from him)

w16qemR.gif

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sweet that you can charge your buds wirelessly with your phone. Looks great. Still holding out for the foldable model.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK

Any time I am out of my car/home/place of work

So a lot of the fucking time.

Why? because you want to halp someone and the battery is big enough to not be an issue.

And you are the one turning it into a war

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You think a phone being able to change another device is a flaw?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
As neat as this phone is, I'm going to sit this one out and wait for S11 or even S12. This tech is going to need to mature a bit before I trust it.

Plus the keyhole camera is fucking dumb. Slightly less dumb than a notch, but still dumb.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What flaw tho? no one is telling you to use it, its just added functionality.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
I like the notch, hopefully future iPhones will still hold on FaceID with punched out sensors. I don't want to miss that. Fingerprints really feel like old tech now.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Progress!
What if you have a charger or battery pack and your friend doesn't have the right cable with him/her?

Also 10 minutes of charging my galaxy watch would go a long way.

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
great looking phone, depending on price I will either get this or a Mate 20 pro. The 2-3 apple evangelists in this thread make me laugh

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure the use case for "reverse" wireless charging was already revealed to be for charging accessories like the wireless Samsung earbuds or presumably the Samsung watch as well. Also, I don't know why people are going so crazy about this one feature. Even Apple is rumored to have it in the next phone from a reliable source: https://9to5mac.com/2019/02/17/apple-16-inch-macbook-pro-display-more/ - I am actually looking forward to how the tune on this forum changes when it's revealed, lol.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
The base S10 looks good enough for me, so the $550 trade in credit offer is too good to pass up. That's $300 with a S9 trade in.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I could see that hole being a weakpoint

It seems that white stone has a solution if you are willing to shell out 60 dollars that is

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/02/1...rks-galaxy-s10-in-display-fingerprint-sensor/

Samsungs official screen film has no hole but that's plastic an also way too expensive for a screen protector.

Are screen protectors that common? I'm all for a case but haven't used a screen protector ever.

What are the chances of the front camera ever being hidden behind the screen?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

I see myself using this mainly to top up my smartwatch that's Qi wireless charging only. It's not like I'm going to carry the cradle around with me so this will come in handy.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I could see that hole being a weakpoint

It seems that white stone has a solution if you are willing to shell out 60 dollars that is

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/02/1...rks-galaxy-s10-in-display-fingerprint-sensor/

Samsungs official screen film has no hole but that's plastic an also way too expensive for a screen protector.
Oneplus seems to have a glass one that works with the 6T's sensor, and it's $20.

I'm sure there will be more options when the phone is released.