• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the best phone case that wont make the phone look like a gigantic block for this. I had a otter case for my s7 edge but i want to go slimmer but also have about the same protection.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm in the same boat regarding the case. I want the slimmest case possible, cause I hate cases basically, but these premium phones are too expensive to wreck in the first year. My S8's official Samsung 0.7mm slim case served me excellently, but they don't seem to have something similar for the S10.

I'm close to buying that garish led light case, because at least the extra bulk makes the backside interesting. Please talk me out of it Era, lol.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Posted this in the other thread but ill ask here:

The price comes down to $450 for the s10+ with the trade in.

If I order the phone with the trade in deal, I have 15 days to trade in my iphone x OR return the s10 right? So within... lets say a week, I can either trade in my iphone if i want to keep the s10, or return the s10 and get a refund of $450?

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this on the other thread:

Just ordered the s10+. This is my first android phone. I've been using iPhones since 2008 (iPhone 3g). I'm kind of nervous and excited lol.

Does anyone have recommendations for cases? I normally use Otterboxes.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this on the other thread:

Just ordered the s10+. This is my first android phone. I've been using iPhones since 2008 (iPhone 3g). I'm kind of nervous and excited lol.

Does anyone have recommendations for cases? I normally use Otterboxes.

Otterbox or Spigen are my go to cases. Just depends on what kind of protection and bulk you want.

Dec 3, 2018
I'm in the same boat regarding the case. I want the slimmest case possible, cause I hate cases basically, but these premium phones are too expensive to wreck in the first year. My S8's official Samsung 0.7mm slim case served me excellently, but they don't seem to have something similar for the S10.

I'm close to buying that garish led light case, because at least the extra bulk makes the backside interesting. Please talk me out of it Era, lol.

Wait, what? I must see this.

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
Does Best Buy have these on display yet? I think I'd rather have the S10e for the size but you don't get the free earbuds for pre-ordering like they give you for the other S10 models.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Subbed. Pixel 2 XL user absolutely stunned at the design of this phone. Might jump from Google Fi to T-Mobile. I want the regular S10 in Prism Green so bad.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm misreading this Rogers in Canada is giving $300 off on the S10+ if you trade in any phone worth $25 or more which would make the upfront price $150 on 2 year contract. I have an S8+ right now an it's due for and upgrade in April but I still have my old S6 Edge laying around which is apparently worth $85 on trade-in. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
The phone looks seriously amazing. I'm a Note user so this is very promising for the Note 10.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to get a thin clear case and pair it with a skin, don't know which skin to get yet though... Liking ones sort of like these right now though:

Galaxy-S10-Skins-Wraps.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone doing a T-Mobile trade-in and seeing this for a GS8 series device? It says the $390 value trade DOES apply to the S10, which is what I'm trying to purchase online.

https://imgur.com/FezxnbN

I just did this. The way it works is, they give you the trade in value as a credit on your bill when you get your phone sent to them. The remaining 250ish credit is then spread out over the 36 month leasing period. Both only apply after you get the phone to them, they won't show up in your bill today.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
I just did this. The way it works is, they give you the trade in value as a credit on your bill when you get your phone sent to them. The remaining 250ish credit is then spread out over the 36 month leasing period. Both only apply after you get the phone to them, they won't show up in your bill today.
Hmmm, so maybe it might be better to do the trade-in in person whenever they have the S10s in stock. I don't really like having to wait to see if my phone is in good enough condition when buying a new one too.

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the best phone case that wont make the phone look like a gigantic block for this. I had a otter case for my s7 edge but i want to go slimmer but also have about the same protection.

This video shows the Samsung LED View Cover and Leather Case. I bought the Leather Case blindly when I pre-ordered, but seeing it in this video, I'm happy with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, so maybe it might be better to do the trade-in in person whenever they have the S10s in stock. I don't really like having to wait to see if my phone is in good enough condition when buying a new one too.

Only thing to be careful about is to make sure you don't miss the deal. S8s are only worth about 200-300 trade in without the deal, so don't end up SoL.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So glad this thread's here, I got a question.

I've been using a V20 for the past few years and now it's time for me to get an upgrade. I'm always going with an Android so help me out. I bought the V20 purely for it's audio capabilities. I do music so having that combined with my headphones really helped me out so I'm asking, how's the sound on this? How is it compared to my older V20 overall?

I'm leaning towards this so any help you can provide is appreciated.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best buy is trying to make me do all this extra bs to get an unlocked one involving signing in with my carrier. Can I not just pop my SIM card into the new phone like normal?

Forgrim

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only thing to be careful about is to make sure you don't miss the deal. S8s are only worth about 200-300 trade in without the deal, so don't end up SoL.

I preordered via T-Mobiles site, but kept reading nightmare stories about phones not being accepted if they have even a scratch so I took it to a nearby T-mobile, and he said my scratch is minor and they only really look for broken phones and physical damage.

I'm still super paranoid but hopefully down the line, i have no trouble whatsoever.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
I preordered via T-Mobiles site, but kept reading nightmare stories about phones not being accepted if they have even a scratch so I took it to a nearby T-mobile, and he said my scratch is minor and they only really look for broken phones and physical damage.

I'm still super paranoid but hopefully down the line, i have no trouble whatsoever.
They let you get rejected phones back don't they?

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
Best buy is trying to make me do all this extra bs to get an unlocked one involving signing in with my carrier. Can I not just pop my SIM card into the new phone like normal?

Yes, they want you to pay a BS activation fee. I also use ATT but bought it from samsung.com. I am trading a S9 I got from samsung.com and you don't have to do an activation fee. I bought the unlock version and just popped my old sim in.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I don't think most stores are as picky. Luckily my phone is in near pristine condition so I think I should be fine. Pretty funny because I had Sprint before and had a huge crack down the middle of my S4 when I mailed it in and they never said a thing about it (it was even a lease phone, not one I purchased). Dodged a major bullet there.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should I pre-order an S10 or wait for the next Pixel, people? I like the design of the S10 but paying nearly a grand for a phone is a lot to ask. I'm aware of the S10e but am not really interested in it as of this moment. Do you all think that Google will adopt the design of the S10 or possibly be the first manufacturer to have a truly bezel-less display with all cameras, speakers and fingerprint readers beneath the display? I have a Nexus 6P that's crapping out on me so the wait is going to be hard to even see the Pixel and make any judgments about it but if I don't like it, at least the S10 will hopefully be cheaper by then. I hate asking these types of questions because they're purely hypothetical and are probably an annoyance but I'm really indecisive about this. I also have to take into consideration that I have Google Fi as my service provider so the S10 may lose some functionality as well.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Note 8 user here.
Pre Ordered the Galaxy S 10+, Ceramic Black, 512GB version.
I'm all in.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Should I pre-order an S10 or wait for the next Pixel, people? I like the design of the S10 but paying nearly a grand for a phone is a lot to ask. I'm aware of the S10e but am not really interested in it as of this moment. Do you all think that Google will adopt the design of the S10 or possibly be the first manufacturer to have a truly bezel-less display with all cameras, speakers and fingerprint readers beneath the display? I have a Nexus 6P that's crapping out on me so the wait is going to be hard to even see the Pixel and make any judgments about it but if I don't like it, at least the S10 will hopefully be cheaper by then. I hate asking these types of questions because they're purely hypothetical and are probably an annoyance but I'm really indecisive about this. I also have to take into consideration that I have Google Fi as my service provider so the S10 may lose some functionality as well.

Pixel 3 is a very nice phone (my wife has one) and if not for ditching the headphone jack I might be getting one of those instead. I think the Pixel 3 is dropped in price right now to a pretty good point. I imagine that thew S10 will drop in price relatively quickly after it's released (at least they have in the past, or bundled them with some nice goodies). If my phone weren't dying I'd try and wait till spring/summer because then Pixel 4 rumours should be spinning up and the S10 should have dropped in price.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mad the S10 doesn't come in yellow. I was thinking about the 10E initially, but I've settled on the regular S10. Don't know what size to get it in, though, but I wish it were yellow.

I could get a skin, but there aren't any glossy skins available for it yet. And the one outlet I generally get my gloss skins from is in the UK, which means I'll be waiting a long ass time for it. I might be forced to use dbrand, which I don't want due to the limited color and skin type selection.

Does it still use that terrible TouchWiz Pro UI that continually crashes?
Touchwiz has been dead for years.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned before but the OT has a slight mistake. The S10+ also comes with 512 GB or internal storage.
That OIS comparison video is crazy. I should totally just strap that phone to my forehead when mountain biking on downhill trails. Who needs a Go Pro and a gimbal?