• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Got my amFilm screen protector installed and am very happy with it!

I got the one without a camera cutout (makes the camera much less noticeable) and with the extra black on the edges so it blends in very nicely with the phone's screen.

Also picked up a more protective Spigen case that has a kickstand (I watch videos a lot more at my work these days).

rawd

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long this pre-installed screen protector will last me. I'm not a screen protector person, but this has been completely unobtrusive.

My thoughts exactly. I'm ready to buy another one from Samsung whenever this one wears out. $30 CDN on the Samsung Canada store site. Hopefully I can apply it as accurately as they did when the time comes.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts exactly. I'm ready to buy another one from Samsung whenever this one wears out. $30 CDN on the Samsung Canada store site. Hopefully I can apply it as accurately as they did when the time comes.
I too was very impressed with mine, but I've been using an aftermarket proper screen protector and it's so much better.

The Samsung protector was amazing in terms of feeling like a smooth glass screen, but the thing scratched like no other.

The aftermarket still feels good to the touch, but not on Samsung level. However the scratch resistance is far higher. Situations that would have decimated the Samsung screen just leave the TPU protector with a smudge that just rubs off.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy with mine too. It may scratch slightly, but as long as it protects from very minor pocket scratches to the actual screen, I'm cool.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like the pre-installed screen protector on my S10e mainly because it had a cutout for the camera, making it more noticeable.

It also had a weird issue where when I wore polarized sunglasses and the phone was in a vertical position (how I use my phone docked in my car and just regular use) the screen would be completely pink and dim.
I know it was the screen protector causing it because when I removed it it was perfectly fine with my sunglasses.

I love the glass amFilm one I bought. Looks and feels great and there's no cutout for the camera so it really blends in better.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
So, do we have confirmation that the S10e had its own screen protector? My wife's glass protector keeps sliding off of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Received my Galaxy S10e a few days ago... I love it! The size is perfect, so are the fingerprint sensor, the screen and the CPU. Everything responds instantly.

Best phone I've ever had.

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
Grrr might have a crack in my screen underneath the touch screen.. But I can only see it with a light background . When it is off or dark it is virtually invisible. Called Having it checked out Monday at a certified shop. But if it is indeed a crack I am probably screwed as I didn't take the extra protection and it is just past 30 days.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So my phone is having some pocket detection issues lmao
I've noticed that with my S10e twice in the last week.

Not sure if it has to do with the Buds, but both times it happened I was using them and then they just disconnected. Yesterday it turned out the screen had come on, the notication pane had come down, and the Bluetooth button got pressed and turned off in my pocket.

First time it happened my Buds disconnected again, but this time I noticed the flashlight had turned on and airplane mode was turned on which I didn't realize until I couldnt connect to the internet.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking it's either the "raise to wake" function, the "double tap to wake" function, or it's the fingerprint reader being too sensitive and detecting a false attempt.

I wonder if there's a way to lock the notification pane from opening when your phone is still locked. That would fix the issue I think. For now I'll turn off the "Increased Touch Sensitivity" option, I turned it on with my screen protector, but it doesn't seem to need it. Maybe that was causing my leg to be detected through my pocket.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Reading online about that issue, it seems like it's the proximity sensor not working in pockets correctly.

Hopefully something that can be fixed in a patch since it seems to work fine against your ear or covering it with your hand.

Until then I turned off Double Tap and Raise to Wake. That should at least stop my notification pane from opening in my pocket.

There were horror stories of people whose phones locked themselves down or wiped themeselves automatically because they were trying to ublock too many times in their pocket.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Reading online about that issue, it seems like it's the proximity sensor not working in pockets correctly.

Hopefully something that can be fixed in a patch since it seems to work fine against your ear or covering it with your hand.

Until then I turned off Double Tap and Raise to Wake. That should at least stop my notification pane from opening in my pocket.

There were horror stories of people whose phones locked themselves down or wiped themeselves automatically because they were trying to ublock too many times in their pocket.
Mine created an incoherent thread about "E".

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Mine created an incoherent thread about "E".
Haha, the first time I noticed this happen it had opened some note taking app and had just been typing a bunch of gibberish.

I was pressing the back button and apparently it had gone through several apps before I noticed it.

So far I'm not having any trouble with double tap and raise to wake turned off. I always use the fingerprint sensor on my S10e, so it's not much of a change.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been noticing some pretty bad ghosting on my s10e screen lately... now I'm wondering if it's always been like that and I just started to notice because something about the screen has always bothered me slightly.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best widget apps you guys use for clock and weather? I was using HD Widgets but it's draining my batter apparently so wouldn't mind an alternative.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
My old Moto Z Play has slowed to a crawl recently so I'm really considering 128GB S10e with the $100 off at B&H. How are e owners finding the battery life. I don't expect it to match my Z Play which can go like two days, but need to comfortably go one day.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
My old Moto Z Play has slowed to a crawl recently so I'm really considering 128GB S10e with the $100 off at B&H. How are e owners finding the battery life. I don't expect it to match my Z Play which can go like two days, but need to comfortably go one day.
This is probably my biggest concern with the S10e (Just took the leap and am upgrading my OG Pixel XL to an S10e). I love everything else about it, but I'm worried about it being a modest capacity at 3100 and how the battery will degrade over the span of 2-3 years.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably my biggest concern with the S10e (Just took the leap and am upgrading my OG Pixel XL to an S10e). I love everything else about it, but I'm worried about it being a modest capacity at 3100 and how the battery will degrade over the span of 2-3 years.
My S10e has been doing OK on battery, definitely need to charge it at the end of the night, but I can comfortably make it a day. I actually find it roughly comparable to my XS Max which surprised me (maybe a little shorter).

I browse the web a lot at work (Resetera is blocked on my work laptop, haha), watch videos on my lunch break, listen to at least 1-2 hours of podcasts, use navigation regularly, etc. And I've never had it die on my yet.

And Samsung is suppose to have some kind of new battery tech that makes them lose less capacity over time, so like after 2 years it's suppose to degrade around 5%. Haven't heard any tests to confirm that, but it's what they've said.
It's actually one of the reasons I decided to take the risk if it had a weaker battery, if it degrades super slowly I'm not going to worry about doing charges in the middle of the day if I have to. https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/...ill-degrade-less-quickly-than-the-galaxy-s7s/

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally, finally got my god damn buds.

They are great. Not the loudest or best sounding. But they do what no other pair of in ear buds like it have done. Fit comfortably inside my ears in different situations without falling out of my damn ears. The only buds in the past that have ever done that for me is ones with around the ear loops.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Going to London to see Endgame, decided on bus due to parking costs.
So it's over 3 hours on a coach and then walking round London for 3 hours, so this is my first real battery test.
So far off charge at 5am and it's at 72% using the buds.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I switched from an S8+ to an S10+ and just did Smart Switch cos I'm lazy. I've been trying to run a few apps that I got off the Amazon "actually free" programme and all of them are asking me to login. When I tried to do that, nothing happens. I did a bit of googling and the programme was apparently cancelled in 2017, does that mean there's no way of running these apps anymore?

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I switched from an S8+ to an S10+ and just did Smart Switch cos I'm lazy. I've been trying to run a few apps that I got off the Amazon "actually free" programme and all of them are asking me to login. When I tried to do that, nothing happens. I did a bit of googling and the programme was apparently cancelled in 2017, does that mean there's no way of running these apps anymore?
I can still run my free Amazon apps. I didn't transfer though, I re-downloaded them from the Amazon app store.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So me and my wife are having a lot of trouble with low light video and I'm hoping one of you can maybe help us. When recording in low light even on the standard setting (not either of the slow mo settings) the video flickers like a bitch. I figure it's some setting that causing it as I can clearly see people around us using S8 and 9's and getting better video results (we're on holiday) so I'm kind of pissed that our new phones by default have awful settings for dark video and no obvious way to correct it.

It feels like something the S10 should automatically adjust settings for tbh. Anyone can help?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
My ear buds finally arrived. Just as well as frankly the ones that my wife got are a bit shit. They continually drop out when the phone is in my pocket. Hopefully these are better.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Still hoping for an update that would add a small colored ring around the camera cutout to act as a notification LED...

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I remember reading somewhere it would create burn in to the display.
Thats bullshit. How would that be any different from the Always On Display? Even ignoring that they could simply display a small little animation like they have for the display notification effects (ironically, that I can't get to work...) around the camera cutout for a few seconds. Anything is better than having to activate the whole screen just to check for new messages.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Thats bullshit. How would that be any different from the Always On Display? Even ignoring that they could simply display a small little animation like they have for the display notification effects (ironically, that I can't get to work...) around the camera cutout for a few seconds. Anything is better than having to activate the whole screen just to check for new messages.

Maybe it has to do with the brightness and movement?

Again, I just remember reading something of that nature.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I finally, finally got my god damn buds.

They are great. Not the loudest or best sounding. But they do what no other pair of in ear buds like it have done. Fit comfortably inside my ears in different situations without falling out of my damn ears. The only buds in the past that have ever done that for me is ones with around the ear loops.
Yeah pretty impressed with how comfortable they fit in your ear (and how seamless the connection is). I have Beoplay E8s and will continue to use those because their sound is still clearly superior (which makes sense, they're €100 more expensive) but inserting them is pretty uncomfortable. The Galaxy Buds are a great backup pair.

Also I have to say I'm very happy with the Gorilla Glass 6. My S8 scratched to hell and back just two weeks in from nothing, but my S10 screen is still pristine almost 2 months in.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the April update, finally got night mode! Doesn't seem to work as good as the night mode I tinkered with in a hacked Gcam I tried (Exynos) but I'm sure it'll work fine when I need it to (real-world use).

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Yeah pretty impressed with how comfortable they fit in your ear (and how seamless the connection is). I have Beoplay E8s and will continue to use those because their sound is still clearly superior (which makes sense, they're €100 more expensive) but inserting them is pretty uncomfortable. The Galaxy Buds are a great backup pair.

Also I have to say I'm very happy with the Gorilla Glass 6. My S8 scratched to hell and back just two weeks in from nothing, but my S10 screen is still pristine almost 2 months in.

I never had an issue with a nude S8. Still haven't taken off the pre-installed protector. I feel like I need to...

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yo yo. I am joining the s10+ family! Wooten Wooten! My previous phone was an xperia z3. (Not xz3)

Big upgrade. I had 16gb, got 512gb now. No more putting up with "please remove this to install that".

I don't know where to start. All I did was down load my normal apps and add a live goku wallpaper. That feature is so sick.

I got the att model so I'm going to remove some games it came with. Are those any good? Marvel strike force, ff15 something. I didn't get this for gaming.

Got a good deal on Ebay for an open like new device, ceramic white. No scratches, nothing. Paid 700 for it which was my budget. It's around 500 end of day because I sold some items to put towards it.

I wanted a pixel 3xl but the max storage is 128gb for the same price as this one? The big thin on that one was the camera and maybe slicker android os. Let's just say I needed something quick and this was the best I found.

Going to read up on this thread and see if I have to tweak certain settings or what not. So far, working great!

Oct 28, 2017
All set up

IMG-20190308-WA0006.jpg

This is late but where can I get this wallpaper?

evanswolves

Oct 27, 2017
So dropped my phone down side of a car seat, thr screen protector did its job, screen is fine, the protector though is not, any good recommendations for a replacement? I'm in the UK, cheap as poss plese

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Took my S10e out of its case for the first time in a few weeks and there's two big scratches on the back. :/

I've gotten skins for the last two phones I've had (both had glass backs) but I liked the Pearl White color so much I wanted to keep it bare.

I'll probably get a skin for it now, don't want it to get worse.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Took my S10e out of its case for the first time in a few weeks and there's two big scratches on the back. :/

I've gotten skins for the last two phones I've had (both had glass backs) but I liked the Pearl White color so much I wanted to keep it bare.

I'll probably get a skin for it now, don't want it to get worse.
Which case? Any idea how it got on there?

I didn't do it with my last phone, but I had a similar skin and kind of wished I'd taken the phone out and cleaned it a little more, just to get rid of the dust/grit that gets in there.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Which case? Any idea how it got on there?

I didn't do it with my last phone, but I had a similar skin and kind of wished I'd taken the phone out and cleaned it a little more, just to get rid of the dust/grit that gets in there.
A Spigen Neo Hybrid (clear back, black edges).
One of the only cases I really like (I like a transparent back, but not the type that discolor eventually), but they put these holes on the bottom back of the case for some reason that I'm sure let's in flecks of dirt and sand.

But im sure pretty much any case with a glass backed phone can have that flaw (or plastic back, my Moto Z Play is a MESS on the back). It just takes a tiny bit orlf something to sneak in around the edges of the screen or around the camera or the speaker holes and instant scratch.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
A Spigen Neo Hybrid (clear back, black edges).
One of the only cases I really like (I like a transparent back, but not the type that discolor eventually), but they put these holes on the bottom back of the case for some reason that I'm sure let's in flecks of dirt and sand.

But im sure pretty much any case with a glass backed phone can have that flaw (or plastic back, my Moto Z Play is a MESS on the back). It just takes a tiny bit orlf something to sneak in around the edges of the screen or around the camera or the speaker holes and instant scratch.
Hm, I have a Spigen one as well (the Liquid Crystal) but yeah, I guess it's likely with all of them. Just need to be vigilant and clean mine out regularly I guess.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My snapdragon S10 is still beast. It's so good at everything that it's boring now.

I have not moved away from Evie Launcher + One handed operation + (under Good lock app).

Battery has been only decent for me though lately. I wonder if it's an app that's causing that.