• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1aAWntB.jpg

camera on the 10e is pretty decent. Took this while my dog was pulling on the leash
That's a very nice shot dude.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
1aAWntB.jpg

camera on the 10e is pretty decent. Took this while my dog was pulling on the leash
What mode did you take that in? Is that live focus?

I don't think I've ever had a photo come out as nicely as that, but then I'm mostly taking photos of this guy:
TaJhBwx.jpg

And black never seems to photograph right :/

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The wifi on my S10 started randomly turning itself off a few weeks ago, and then it suddenly stopped doing it sometime this week. I wonder if it was one of the apps that were recently updated causing problems.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Just regular non-pro mode
Nice!
The wifi on my S10 started randomly turning itself off a few weeks ago, and then it suddenly stopped doing it sometime this week. I wonder if it was one of the apps that were recently updated causing problems.
I've been having a problem lately (maybe it's been for a few weeks?) where my wifi will get an exclamation mark next to it. I wonder if that's the same thing, and if it's a problem with the phone or the router.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nice!

I've been having a problem lately (maybe it's been for a few weeks?) where my wifi will get an exclamation mark next to it. I wonder if that's the same thing, and if it's a problem with the phone or the router.

My phone was doing it at home and work, and once when I was out to dinner. I looked at all of my apps but I don't have anything installed that I could I imagine would be capable of causing wifi to turn off. If the problem returns I guess I'll look into debugging.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Didn't think it would be that much of an upgrade to S9+ but the S10+ is lighter and thinner which is enough of an upgrade to me. The bigger screen and everything else is icing. With that I'll be upgrading to S11 since it's expected to have what the note 10 is getting and then some. The new camera tech would be worth it alone.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Did Samsung disable Google assistant in the Google clock. I used to have Google assistant come on after silencing my alarm in the morning to tell me the weather and my morning commute. That option is completely gone since upgrading to the s10e.

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
So coming up to my upgrade time.currently got a OnePlus 5 has.done me.proud. Now with the network im on im caught between this phone and a OnePlus 6t not sure which one to go with

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
My Knox key finally expired. RIP the best adblocking solution on Samsung devices. Granted, using the internal DNS option in the settings is a quick and easy way to block ads, not being able to mess with filters that way is a bummer. For anyone who was using Adhell 3, what did you switch to?

I'm using Blokada currently, though the new UI is a pile of ass.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
My Knox key finally expired. RIP the best adblocking solution on Samsung devices. Granted, using the internal DNS option in the settings is a quick and easy way to block ads, not being able to mess with filters that way is a bummer. For anyone who was using Adhell 3, what did you switch to?

I'm using Blokada currently, though the new UI is a pile of ass.
Did you get a launch S10? If so that means mine is due to go soon too :(

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question guys

I've been offered an upgrade to either the S10 or S10+ at the same monthly price.

What's the benefits of the S10+ over the standard s10?

I'd be upgrading from the standard s8, for reference.

How much bigger is the s10+?

Oct 27, 2017
The fingerprint reader on my S10+ doesn't read any of my prints anymore. It either says to push harder or cover the entire sensor.

I haven't had any problems up to this point with it reading my fingerprints (was never perfect all the time, but it worked still using the default screen protector) I also got it on release day so it's a few months old now. This just started happening late last week.

I even tried to delete and reregister a print using multiple fingers, but can't even get that to register anything anymore :/

I have touch sensitivity turned on, hard rebooted and still nothing. Not sure if a recent update borked it or if my reader is just broken now.

I'm guessing Samsung support will have me do a factory reset or remove the default protector before sending in to see if that fixes it. But before doing any of that, has anyone else experienced something similar recently?

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
The fingerprint reader on my S10+ doesn't read any of my prints anymore. It either says to push harder or cover the entire sensor.

I haven't had any problems up to this point with it reading my fingerprints (was never perfect all the time, but it worked still using the default screen protector) I also got it on release day so it's a few months old now. This just started happening late last week.

I even tried to delete and reregister a print using multiple fingers, but can't even get that to register anything anymore :/

I have touch sensitivity turned on, hard rebooted and still nothing. Not sure if a recent update borked it or if my reader is just broken now.

I'm guessing Samsung support will have me do a factory reset or remove the default protector before sending in to see if that fixes it. But before doing any of that, has anyone else experienced something similar recently?

I ditched the screen protector eventually. It sounds like your last option will be a combination of that or factory reset.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I've had the phone for awhile now and I'm mostly happy with it, but the performance is becoming a real issue for me. Especially web pages loading, creating errors and false inputs when I try to interact with pages etc. It's especially bad when replying on Era.

I'm using Chrome which I know to be a resource hog, but I figure this phone could handle it, especially when my previous Pixel 2 handled this stuff fine. Any suggestions? Should I just use a different browser?

Kinda regretting this phone now. It has some nice features, but for a $1k flagship phone it's disappointing.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
So I've had the phone for awhile now and I'm mostly happy with it, but the performance is becoming a real issue for me. Especially web pages loading, creating errors and false inputs when I try to interact with pages etc. It's especially bad when replying on Era.

I'm using Chrome which I know to be a resource hog, but I figure this phone could handle it, especially when my previous Pixel 2 handled this stuff fine. Any suggestions? Should I just use a different browser?

Kinda regretting this phone now. It has some nice features, but for a $1k flagship phone it's disappointing.

Samsung Browser is a much better experience. You could use Chrome on just about anything and receive poor returns.

Oct 27, 2017
I ditched the screen protector eventually. It sounds like your last option will be a combination of that or factory reset.

Yeah, I figured. Did you replace your screen protector with a different one or just leave it naked? If the latter, has it gotten scratched up or does the glass do a good job protecting from them?

Assuming removing the protector even fixes my problem, just wondering if I should get another protector. Heard about White Dome, but not sure I want to spend $50 on something that might not work (saw mixed reviews on whether the scanner still worked with it)

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Yeah, I figured. Did you replace your screen protector with a different one or just leave it naked? If the latter, has it gotten scratched up or does the glass do a good job protecting from them?

Assuming removing the protector even fixes my problem, just wondering if I should get another protector. Heard about White Dome, but not sure I want to spend $50 on something that might not work (saw mixed reviews on whether the scanner still worked with it)

I've never used a screen protector on my S7 or S8. The only reason I tried it was because it was already on the thing. The screen has felt better and more responsive since removing it, but it was a higher quality protector tbh.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Received my s10 earlier today.

How is the preinstalled screen protector?

What alternatives do people recommend?

Any cool tips?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

Any cool tips?
FWIW, I actually kinda regret ditching the included screen protector on the S10e. It shows scratches more, but doesn't feel weird, doesn't have some weird glass-on-glass feel nor have some weird black border/frame where the glue is.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

I didn't like mine much. With polarized sunglasses it turns the screen pink and since I live in San Diego now I wear sunglasses all the time (I had an S10 and currently have an S10e. I forget if both of them turned pink).
Also didn't like how it leaves a cutout for the camera. Makes the camera way more noticeable especially once crud starts to build up in the slight edge it has.

I ended up removing it and getting a glass screen protector (I should say I have an S10e, so there are more glass options available since it's not curved and doesn't have an in-screen fingerprint reader).
I got one that didn't have the hole cut out for the camera (makes it feel much more like a full screen phone IMO) and one with the black borders that taper at the edges.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

I don't have any issues at all. What are the other kind performance issues you're seeing? This phone never lags...

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have any issues at all. What are the other kind performance issues you're seeing? This phone never lags...
Multitasking will hang every 20th time I switch between apps is an annoying one (I do this quite often). Chrome performance is straight awful, although Samsung's browser works excellent. Just annoying since I like to use the cloud features of Chrome, and it ran excellent on my Pixel 2. Era especially will jump up and down on the page as it loads formatting, and will sometimes happen when I'm trying to reply making mobile posting extra annoying. Swiftkey will also lag depending on the app I'm using the keyboard to type into. Overall everything about the Pixel 2 was better in my experience aside from the camera, and it was older and half the price at launch.

Performance aside, samsung's apps often get in the way of what I'm trying to do, even if I've already set the default apps it will still ask occasionally how I want to open a photo. Very annoying. I think some of this has to do with a layer of software on top of android, where at least with the Pixel it had the illusion of being seamless.

I'll probably have this phone for a couple years, but at least for now I'm leaning towards jumping ship over to an iPhone.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I joined the club earlier today. Big switch for me considering my previous phone was ancient. Any general tips that might be helpful?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the speakers on this phone suuuuuuuuuuck.

The phone vibrates which makes it sound like I'm listening to blown out speakers.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
How are you all liking your S10s, a few months in?

I have an S8+ that is doing its job still, but I might be in the market for a new phone. I'll probably end up waiting to see what the Note 10 is all about, but I'm heavily considering the S10+ or a OnePlus 7pro. I'm leaning more towards Sammy because I'm a little more invested in their ecosystem with Samsung Pay and a Gear active, but I'm fairly open.

Any major issues, slowdowns, anything like that?

I actually considered, for the first time, switching over to an iPhone. I've used Android since the OG Droid Eris back in 09ish? But seeing early leaks for the iPhone 11 , I just can't justify moving to a phone that would presumably have less to offer while on a 2 year old design for the most part.

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having the same problem with this phone that I had with the s8, in that the charging port on the phone becomes really inconsistent after a couple months of use. Wireless charging too. I'll occasionally wake up in the morning and the phone for whatever reason stopped charging on the wireless Samsung brick, it's frustrating. Getting some cue tips and alcohol later today to try and wipe it out, I just dont remember this problem existing on any apple phones I've ever owned.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
How are you all liking your S10s, a few months in?

I have an S8+ that is doing its job still, but I might be in the market for a new phone. I'll probably end up waiting to see what the Note 10 is all about, but I'm heavily considering the S10+ or a OnePlus 7pro. I'm leaning more towards Sammy because I'm a little more invested in their ecosystem with Samsung Pay and a Gear active, but I'm fairly open.

Any major issues, slowdowns, anything like that?

I actually considered, for the first time, switching over to an iPhone. I've used Android since the OG Droid Eris back in 09ish? But seeing early leaks for the iPhone 11 , I just can't justify moving to a phone that would presumably have less to offer while on a 2 year old design for the most part.

I upgraded from 8 to 10 last week and I'm already regretting it. There are no discernable improvements and new design flaws were introduced (see my post about the speakers.)

I wish I had kept my s8.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, my S10 feels better in just about every way from my S8 aside from getting used to the power button placement and the quirks with using the fingerprint scanner. I'm fully adjusted now. That and the speakers are waaay better on this. I dunno.

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean by the resolution being better? The screen's resolution on the S10 is not better than the S8.
Probably performance and better screen made it look like higher resolution.

Yeah, the screen makes a really big difference imo. Things look a lot crisper on my S10 over my S8. I actually can compare because my wife still has her S8 and there's definitely a difference in sharpness.