• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lBQUUn7.png

Y1GoujU.png
WU9XErd.png
fb1ubZW.png
CMizsSd.png
qf9uJ9a.png

1HvQgBN.gif

vOOI2dJ.gif

Ex0z8tB.png

uNtldTH.png

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
8+ going to S10e.

These 2 year cycle upgrades (though 1 and a half years in this case) seems to be doing well for me.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT!

Ceramic White looks amazing, shame it's limited to S10+...

This video sold me to switch from my iPhone 6S.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Oneplus 3T here. Had no reason to upgrade until now, the phone still works great.

But the S10.. goddamn. Have never wanted a phone this much. I have never watched so many videos of a phone before, it's ridiculous.

Haven't ordered yet since my current contract expires in December :/

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Image stabilisation. Only in 1080 naturally as its using a larger frame to keep it that stable.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
8+ going to S10e.

These 2 year cycle upgrades (though 1 and a half years in this case) seems to be doing well for me.

I'm going to hold off until the Note 9 gets a price drop. My Note 8 is still going strong and the Note 10 will move than likely be out of my price range.

I want the larger battery that the 9 has along with T-mobile's 600mhz band.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to hold off until the Note 9 gets a price drop. My Note 8 is still going strong and the Note 10 will move than likely be out of my price range.

I want the larger battery that the 9 has along with T-mobile's 600mhz band.

See that's the thing, it's my concern going down from the S8+, but the S10e still has a bigger battery than the S8 and it has a lower res screen (which I'm 99% sure I won't notice) and the S8 isn't that much worse than the S8+ which is a beast.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think that this is the end of the notch trend? I never liked the implementation and to me the single pinhole (not the S10+ dual) looks miles better.

I might be getting the S10e.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Nice OT!

Ceramic White looks amazing, shame it's limited to S10+...

This video sold me to switch from my iPhone 6S.

So i thought the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor is supposed to be better then the huawei's mate 20 pros one. Guy in the vid was rather dissapointed with it.

For me, fingerprint unlock was one of the best "recent" features in smartphones besides dash/quick charging so i would hate if the display fingerprint unlock, which seems to get adopted by everyone, is a step back to the normal fingerprint sensor everybody uses atm (speed, detection).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So i thought the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor is supposed to be better then the huawei's mate 20 pros one. Guy in the vid was rather dissapointed with it.

For me, fingerprint unlock was one of the best "recent" features in smartphones besides dash/quick charging so i would hate if the display fingerprint unlock, which seems to get adopted by everyone, is a step back to the normal fingerprint sensor everybody uses atm (speed, detection).

Nahm he's only talking about a wet finger situation, which the current fingerprint sensors also struggle massively with.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Should I upgrade from my Galaxy S8 Plus? I'd like a smaller phone but I'm not sure the S10e is worth it.

I'm doing it, but honestly, other than the cracks all around the edges because I'm a clumsy piece of shit I have absolutely no reason to upgrade lol. Still going strong with absolutely no dip in performance, which is actually encouraging me more to get the S10E because I feel like I can trust the hardware and software.

Oh also my USB-C slot is broken too (my fault) so I can only charge wirelessly, but it kinda showed me just how little I actually need to use the USB-C connection outside of charging which I can't do in this case obviously.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Nahm he's only talking about a wet finger situation, which the current fingerprint sensors also struggle massively with.
Ah ok, didn't catch the wet part. Edit: just rewatched it, he still says it's slower than expected.Right before he says the "wet" part.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So is it looking like the Snapdragon or the Exynos CPU/GPU has the edge this year?

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
No Blue version of the Clear View cover this year :(

I've had the Clear View cover for my S8+ and S9+, but am considering the LED View cover this year.
Has anyone had experience with the both of them?
Does the LED View cover give you the same kind of controls/notification info that the Clear View cover gives you?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been wanting to get back into the Galaxy world but I only have had my iPhone for a year. Sigh. S10 looks nice.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Image stabilisation. Only in 1080 naturally as its using a larger frame to keep it that stable.

Damn, amazing, it's like you don't need a dolly anymore.

To be honest, in all my galaxy phones (S2, S6, S8) the OIS started crapping out after a year, but at least I'm going to have fun the first year.

Was also surprised at EverythingApplePro going er yeah, S10(e) is way better than XS(r).

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone see the prism white in person? Does it look glossy white or is it really that multi color look.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Ordered my Spigen case, should arrive today.
What one?

I need to order one today and have had one of their cases on the last 2 phones.
My current s8 plus one is fine bar the plastic outer bit cracking and coming off.

I love Spigen, and it saved my S7 edge a lot of times. But I'm going Ringke this time. Still not sure fusion or fusion x. I want a case with a clear back.

What version?

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
Can't upgrade due to contract shenanigans, but I wish I could. The S9 will last me a while, though, so hopefully next time I upgrade the camera will be under the screen. I'll be sure to get my next phone unlocked.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
What one?

I need to order one today and have had one of their cases on the last 2 phones.
My current s8 plus one is fine bar the plastic outer bit cracking and coming off.

What version?

I used neo hybrid from Spigen for my S7 Edge. But this time I'm going to use Fusion or Fusion X from Ringke.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
See that's the thing, it's my concern going down from the S8+, but the S10e still has a bigger battery than the S8 and it has a lower res screen (which I'm 99% sure I won't notice) and the S8 isn't that much worse than the S8+ which is a beast.

I've reached a point in my life with my phone where I don't need to have the latest and greatest, I just want something that works. I'm even considering sticking on 8.0 because my phone is setup exactly how I want it and 9.0 makes some changes that prevent me from setting it up how I want (mainly in regards to overlay themes which are blocked on 9.0).

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Gat damn.

I'm waiting for the Note 10, but the phone does look incredible, as do the Galaxy Buds, which I'll probably pick up. Added bass, better battery, and non stupid looking design and fit. Win.