• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Demption

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any idea why the edge displays notifications won't show when the screen is off? It's set to show always

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what other music apps next to Stellio did you use, and how as the performance? I got a lot more music than that, but most apps have problems with bigger collections (don't have the latest phone either).
Stellio did have problems with my collection, so I deleted it. Black player was okay, but yeah I ended up with poweramp. It offers everything I want and need with a good performance with my library size

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely think the s10e battery is kinda insane for the size. Just look at the screen on time I got today with most of the time spent playing games. If I run it down to the last % I bet I could get 1 more hour of game time, making it 7 hours of SoT.

Probably more if I just use it for YouTube or browsing the web.

Exynos, as always.

AzHZMK0.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...

TheVerge changed the headline of their Galaxy S10 review. It used to say that the S10 is a great phone that no one should buy.

Great job dudes

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After using the S10+ since Thursday:

Cons: Camera is great but not GOAT
Miss the notification LED
IDFPS is fine, but not as good as a capacitive scanner

Pros: Everything else

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Google Duo in my experience is great. Try seeing how the iOS version compares
I'm sure it works fine. But then her and her mother couldn't FaceTime with our kids too, because she too has apple.

I'm a pushover when it comes to phones because she's cool with me wasting money on my other goodies like games.

But I do miss the customization of the Galaxy 7s we had. Plus apple is easier for our 10 year old.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah battery life on this has been great to me even on the Exynos. The lowest its gone in my daily usage was 9% but that's because it arrived with 40% and I didn't have time to charge it. I can't actually seem to use it all up in a day.

Any idea why the edge displays notifications won't show when the screen is off? It's set to show always

Its dependant on the app. Phone calls and texts will work by default because they use pop up notifications which is the needed feature to trigger the edge light. You should be able to turn it on in some apps but you also might not want the pop up itself. It's a minor pain tbh, I wish it triggered off notifications in general.

Last edited:

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently Rogers has backordered the white S10+, just waiting on that.

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a fan of the in screen fingerprint sensor. It works, but I have to be more careful/conscientious when unlocking my phone.

Dec 3, 2018
ooooooh!!!! Yes it does. I mainly want that case because of the space for the metal plate. My cases always have the plate moving around on the back of my phone after a while .. =/

I'm using the Onyx now and it's great.

When I used to use a magnet in my old phone I always put a piece of paper between the actual phone and the magnet as well, just in case it scratched!

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017
In an odd turn of events, my phone is going to now be delivered today rather than tomorrow. I need to now figure out if any of my family members will be home at all for most of the day. Bamboozled by FedEx

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
for some reason the edge light notification stopped working even though it worked this morning for line...anyone got an idea?

Edit: oooh putting the notifications on silent also disables the edge light. damn...I want the light with a silent notification lol. well, then I'll just leave my phone always on silent .-.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of wireless issues too. Difficulty connection to Hotspots, keep losing wireless signal/poor tracking in maps, etc

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
S10 (finally) get.

I preordered last week, so how would I go about getting my free Galaxy Buds?

Also, can anyone recommend a good glass screen protector that's compatible with the fingerprint sensor but won't cost an arm and a leg?

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had significant battery drain yesterday. Apparently it was couch to 5K killing it, even though it wasn't in my recent apps. Ended up force closing.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, one of my coworkers damaged my screen protector that came applied by default. Do you guys know good alternatives? The protector was great and I'm kind of mad that he damaged it.

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got nearly 12 hours of runtime until I hit 12% battery. this is with 2 hours airdroid and listening to music through my galaxy buds for 3 hours.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
In case anybody was wondering....My wife LOVES her watch. She said she likes it more than the Apple Watch she used to have. And I'll be honest, it's kind of awesome looking and may be something I look into in the near future.

You can talk to it for talk-to-text, but without a speaker, there's no way to "take calls" on the watch. Which I guess seems like a weird thing to do anyways? But I'm going to do some additional research to see if bluetooth earbuds would let her do that (if she were so inclined).

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In case anybody was wondering....My wife LOVES her watch. She said she likes it more than the Apple Watch she used to have. And I'll be honest, it's kind of awesome looking and may be something I look into in the near future.

You can talk to it for talk-to-text, but without a speaker, there's no way to "take calls" on the watch. Which I guess seems like a weird thing to do anyways? But I'm going to do some additional research to see if bluetooth earbuds would let her do that (if she were so inclined).
do you mean the new one? because I've mine pre-ordered from amazon and it will arrive on friday.
what kind of colour did you get?

Oct 27, 2017
Put a dBrand skin on last night. First time ever and I got it probably 98% on correctly. Had to use a space heater since I didn't have a hair dryer. Hahaha.

Love that it adds texture to the back. Phone is too slippery sometimes.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
The only problem I have with the S10 so far is the on-screen finger print scanner. It's noticeably less accurate than a traditional sensor. My thumb needs to be 100% vertical to get it to read properly and even that it's not 100% all the time. With my old iPhone SE, I can scan my fingerprint in any awkward angle and it still reads it. It's a minor annoyance that I hope it will be fixed but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edge lightning not working at all on a 900 euro phone is kind of sad, its a OEM/ build in feature. Such a cool idea in theory...

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only problem I have with the S10 so far is the on-screen finger print scanner. It's noticeably less accurate than a traditional sensor. My thumb needs to be 100% vertical to get it to read properly and even that it's not 100% all the time. With my old iPhone SE, I can scan my fingerprint in any awkward angle and it still reads it. It's a minor annoyance that I hope it will be fixed but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with some phones? My fingerprint has worked fine, once I got used to the placement. I can even hit it a little off and it takes. My wife is stating the same as you, having a rough time getting the phone to read her fingerprint. I'm going to look at hers later. I still have the screen protector applied.

Crooked Rain

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with some phones? My fingerprint has worked fine, once I got used to the placement. I can even hit it a little off and it takes. My wife is stating the same as you, having a rough time getting the phone to read her fingerprint. I'm going to look at hers later. I still have the screen protector applied.
Could be the way people have scanned their fingerprints initially. I'm pretty sure they said at the reveal that the fingerprint sensor learns and gets better and that is actually my experience so far. It's quicker and more accurate than it was a few days ago for me.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
This Good Lock region specific?
Largely, no. Download Good Lock and all of its modules from the Galaxy App store. If they're not in your region, you can download them individually from APKMirror and then download Nice Lock from the Google Play Store. Nice Lock is an aftermarket launcher for Good Lock modules for people Samsung region locked out of downloading them from the Galaxy Store. You could also just download Good Lock from APK Mirror as well and see if that launcher works, too. Regardless, the modules at the very least will work if grabbed from APKMirror.

As the name suggests, APKMirror is just a mirror for free Play Store apps. Use that site if X app that's a favorite of yours is better two versions behind the current, or if app updates are slower roll out to your region and you want to jump ahead in the line. Either way, no piracy involved, so no need to worry about shady apps.

I wish the screen fingerprint reader was as fast as the button S10e one. The in-screen one is super slow. I just use face all the time now.
After I got used to the placement, I find the reader to be just as fast as the S8. Everyone was right about what kind of pressure you need on the glass. a Light, brief tap is all it takes for me.

BxActions ♥
Pro + Full button remapping is amazing. Thanks for the recommendation Era! ☺👍
You're welcome!
Put a dBrand skin on last night. First time ever and I got it probably 98% on correctly. Had to use a space heater since I didn't have a hair dryer. Hahaha.

Love that it adds texture to the back. Phone is too slippery sometimes.
Skins are great. I've never really been a case person and I'm always an anti-scratch person, so I've been using skins since the iPhone 4. I tend to avoid using dBrand these days though since they lack color options and I prefer glossy skins, but I'm always a fan regardless.

Before the latest update, after I scanned my thumb with the phone laying down and then again while holding it in my hand, and that pretty much covered all bases.

I did it again after the update even though I didn't need to --factory reset before downloading the update because I needed to in order to get the Spotify deal, but that's beside the point -- and it's been fine.