• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 3, 2018
I found the finger print sensor worked better after I took off the screen protector. Now, maybe it's just that I got used to it more, but I was having issues at first.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
The finger print sensor works flawlessly now even with the screen protector on. At first felt a bit off but zero complaints after a few days.

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
Just got an email from Samsung saying my ear bud claim is on hold as the name and address on the claim form is different from that on the invoice and I've to explain why. The name is different from the invoice as two phones where bought in my partner's name but the address is the same as on the invoice. Seriously are they that fucking stupid.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
PS. Do we have a list of what to get for Android/Galaxy newbies? I'm going in super green on this and have really only found the following:
Adhell (which I'm yet to work out how to install)
bxAction
Good Lock (not in Google Play store, but is in the Galaxy one)
... and that's it? What are the other necessary apps for customisation and tweaking?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I think everyone has that same wallpaper, that's the one I'm using at the moment!

So, is the S10e the secret best of the bunch? Only asking that because I have one :D

Yes.

PS. Do we have a list of what to get for Android/Galaxy newbies? I'm going in super green on this and have really only found the following:
Adhell (which I'm yet to work out how to install)
bxAction
Good Lock (not in Google Play store, but is in the Galaxy one)
... and that's it? What are the other necessary apps for customisation and tweaking?

I literally just install my games, social media stuff, music stuff, and.... That's it really.

Gorgamel

Oct 25, 2017
My Black Ceramic 256GB S10+ just arrived. Love how sexy it looks. And very impressed so far with the hardware( although didnt expect the ceramic back to be such a fingerprint magnet). My Tech21 smoke black case arrived also and I like how it keeps me from accidentally pressing on the edge display while holding the phone.

One quick question, the phone comes with McAfee malware protection and is asking me to activate it. Not really a fan of using McAfee, but is it recommended to activate it?

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the best lock screen customising apps?

Also does anyone make use of the AlwaysOn Display? I'm contemplating disabling it as I think I'd rather just look at my lock screen. Is there a use for it?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from Samsung saying my ear bud claim is on hold as the name and address on the claim form is different from that on the invoice and I've to explain why. The name is different from the invoice as two phones where bought in my partner's name but the address is the same as on the invoice. Seriously are they that fucking stupid.
They won't even send my husband's phone to him until after I get mine because it's under the same address. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
They won't even send my husband's phone to him until after I get mine because it's under the same address. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

That's ridiculous. Both our phones got delivered in the same box and the package was signed for which makes it even more stupid.

Edit: so I just got an email back asking me to resubmit my application with the same name as on the invoice. Great I thought as least they're going to sort this mess out. Turns out you can't submit an application with the same IMEI again. Fucking joke.

Last edited:

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
The actual sensor for the on-screen FPS is pretty fast, it's just that it seems to take a bit of time for the phone to authenticate it.

Unless I tap really fast on it it rarely fails for me as shown in this video I just took. But I can still tap it pretty quickly and it will unlock, but there will be a ~0.5s delay so it seems like it actually takes longer. Maybe they can improve the speed there in future updates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx8Va1jQums

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like that's due to the animation. I haven't used an s10 so I don't know if there's an option or if you'd need root or a custom rom for that to be changed.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190312-185638_One%20UI%20Home.jpg

Love this phone.

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017
Got my phone, so question, as someone who's never upgraded to a newer phone before through a phone plan, do I just switch sims like any regular phone or use the AT&T one that came with it? i'm pretty sure it's the former but I'd figure to ask.

edit: nvm I found this out myself. I'm just waiting to transfer all the data over from the old phone to the new before switching the SIM over

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized that the s10e isn't supposed to have a built in screen protector....but mine does. I live in the US. Got a personal phone through my company.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So i picked up the S10+ from AT&T and it's filled with bloatware, is there any way to completely remove it all? Anything i should turn off to preserve battery life?

Samsung also finally confirmed my buds but they won't be here to friggin may. I might just go buy a pair and sell the ones i get in may.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's ridiculous. Both our phones got delivered in the same box and the package was signed for which makes it even more stupid.

Edit: so I just got an email back asking me to resubmit my application with the same name as on the invoice. Great I thought as least they're going to sort this mess out. Turns out you can't submit an application with the same IMEI again. Fucking joke.

I'm expecting a similar situation with mine. I accidentally used one of my other email addresses. If that's enough to get screwed out of them I'll be giving their customer service department a whole load of angry calls until they sort their shit out. Their service frankly is some of the worst I've ever dealt with. I've had more productivity from Ebay sellers trying to pull scams.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
So i picked up the S10+ from AT&T and it's filled with bloatware, is there any way to completely remove it all? Anything i should turn off to preserve battery life?

Samsung also finally confirmed my buds but they won't be here to friggin may. I might just go buy a pair and sell the ones i get in may.

hold down icon,. Pop up shows up with options. Choose uninstall.

someone may know more, but that's the basic on how to uninstall an app within the one ui.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love the Samsung LED Cover case.
now I just need to install QooApp for Dragalia Lost and Granblue...at least that's what I was told :D

Oh and as someone who owned the sennheiser momentum true wireless. of course the galaxy buds can not compete in sound quality, but they beat the SMTW in every other regard like usability and fit. so I send back my SMTW to amazon.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Fml I hope I don't have this shit as it'll prow mean I don't get both pairs. My order was in my name, but owing to circumstances my wife is using it while I'll use hers in a few days when it arrives. Submitted the first claim yesterday so we'll see.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Ah crap. I'm expecting to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get my Buds because I made a stupid mistake when uploading the invoice...
For some stupid reason O2 sends you two separate invoices. One for the phone and one just for the shipping costs. I didn't see the second letter and only opened the invoice for the shipping costs...
I really hope they let me correct that mistake so I can send them the correct invoice.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
This is how I finished the day before charge

Screenshot-20190312-223906-Settings.jpg

That's similar to mine yesterday, I think that 4G does drain it a little faster, I work on the second floor of a massive building and the signal strength isn't the best.

Is anyone familiar with Bixby Routines able to help? I know that you can set it to turn on WiFi as you approach your home location but is there a way to automatically turn it off if you leave your home location? You can set it to turn off once you are at work but that's a specific location, I want it to turn off anywhere but home.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
That's similar to mine yesterday, I think that 4G does drain it a little faster, I work on the second floor of a massive building and the signal strength isn't the best.

Is anyone familiar with Bixby Routines able to help? I know that you can set it to turn on WiFi as you approach your home location but is there a way to automatically turn it off if you leave your home location? You can set it to turn off once you are at work but that's a specific location, I want it to turn off anywhere but home.
Its still over an "all day battery" and that is what the people wanted!

My s8+ used to turn on wifi at home and I turned of bixby, this does not do it.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I tried the microsoft launcher and like it a lot, but the wireless powershare option goes missing with it, so back to the samsung one

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for the first time I don't need Nova. The UI does pretty much what I need to.

Evie Launcher. It has an amazing universal search. Supports icon packs and gestures. It's buttery smooth at all times.

Stock Samsung launcher is fine, but loses me in terms of universal search. On Evie I set a gesture to double tap anywhere on the screen to bring it up.

I've always stood by Nova, their animations are trash and they've become too complacent there. Also, Evie performs better than Nova

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Ah crap. I'm expecting to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get my Buds because I made a stupid mistake when uploading the invoice...
For some stupid reason O2 sends you two separate invoices. One for the phone and one just for the shipping costs. I didn't see the second letter and only opened the invoice for the shipping costs...
I really hope they let me correct that mistake so I can send them the correct invoice.
Tbh if they piss around with mine I'll just say I'm returning it. They will soon sort it out

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The s10e is able to drive my K7xx pretty decent around 60+ volume. Might not even need to lug around an amp/dac.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I cant remember the last time i charged my plus lmao

Edit: 32 hours ago and i still have an estimated 20h left

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I didn't get the s10 because I'm having enough trouble adjusting to the size and weight of the e model. Can't do my pinky shelf any more.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Evie Launcher. It has an amazing universal search. Supports icon packs and gestures. It's buttery smooth at all times.

Stock Samsung launcher is fine, but loses me in terms of universal search. On Evie I set a gesture to double tap anywhere on the screen to bring it up.

I've always stood by Nova, their animations are trash and they've become too complacent there. Also, Evie performs better than Nova

I use Nova for the icon packs. The ones I get from the Theme store only have system icons and don't change Twitter etc etc etc on stock Samsung. Am I missing something or can I change icons for all my apps on Stock Samsung easily? Packs like this. I used to use an app where I had to do them all individually but it was too much work. Sorry if you don't know, I've kinda gone off topic a bit.