• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got any good recommendations for screen protectors yet? Will probably bulk buy them and change every couple of weeks.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the S10E makes me never want to go back to phones bigger than it is currently.

And also never go back to curved screens.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bxactions Pro is a godsend. Full Bixby key remapping with everything Bixby-related disabled.
jelf8pH.jpg

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gboard = Google Keyboard
You can select different themes for it and there is a dark one.
Ah perfect. Gave it a quick glance and tbh I could go for a full black, might have to see if there's a way to use a custom made. Only other thing I noticed was theres no feedback at all but I guess that's a setting somewhere.
SwiftKey give you a bunch of different size options. I use swiftkey with a small minimal keyboard, but you can make it huge if you want.
Oh I really should have checked the settings more lol. I'll keep them on mind too if I can't settle on one.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
There's this beautiful set of lock screen wallpapers in a "multi-pack" in the Galaxy Themes store that switches every time you turn the screen off and on again.
Is there a way to apply this to the home screen as well?

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I don't currently plan on changing my phone (I have a 5T), but tbh, I can say that the 10e is really appealing. It is more of a sidegrade than anything else. But having the same screen size, with a smaller footprint is really appealing.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
hold down icon,. Pop up shows up with options. Choose uninstall.

someone may know more, but that's the basic on how to uninstall an app within the one ui.

There are apps you can't uninstall. That's what makes bloatware annoying. I thought you were going to mention something about disabling them, which is what everyone who has used Android knows. I know you can also physically remove apps, but it has to be done through adb.

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else showing the $130 eVoucher as "Scheduled" on their orders for Samsung? I have the phone set up and will definitely turn my S8 plus this weekend. I was wondering if I should do anything else?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on my parcel from Samsung to return my old phone and I've got until Saturday to send it back. They're gonna be getting a call again if it isn't here by Thursday as the sales department is shut over the weekend too.

Does anyone know a good data recovery method for android btw? To be blunt me and my wife send each other some 'personal' pictures from time to time and I want to make sure I wiped the fragments completely. Flooded it with data a couple times but not sure if something like Recuva would work on android?

I'm assuming they do a proper wipe themselves anyway but I'd rather not have reconstructable nudes of ourselves on a device I'm throwing in the post.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
There are apps you can't uninstall. That's what makes bloatware annoying. I thought you were going to mention something about disabling them, which is what everyone who has used Android knows. I know you can also physically remove apps, but it has to be done through adb.
ah i didnt think they would want more info on another option about disabling. but yes, disabling is known if uninstall isnt an option. bloatware can mean many things and pretty vague so i gave a very general answer.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
S10e beats xr and 10s max.

S10+ destroys worlds.

I know they didn't test the regular S10 which is the one I have, but at least the way I use my phone I find that the XS Max lasted way longer than my S10 did (which I assume is at least close to the S10e's battery even with the smaller screen).

With my XS Max I got a similar screen-on time at the end of the day as that video showed except I still had 10% left when I went to bed.
My S10 with similar usage barely made it over half that time without needing a charge (and that was with the resolution at 1080 too).

Granted my usage is different than that video (I use GPS and listen to podcasts for about 1.5 hours, browse about 50-60% of my usage, and maybe a few YouTube videos here or there), but I still wouldn't have expected such a different result from my day-to-day usage.
And to my knowledge I didn't have a ton of background apps sucking up battery (don't even have Facebook installed), so I don't think the smart battery would help much over time.

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
Fml I hope I don't have this shit as it'll prow mean I don't get both pairs. My order was in my name, but owing to circumstances my wife is using it while I'll use hers in a few days when it arrives. Submitted the first claim yesterday so we'll see.

I'm expecting a similar situation with mine. I accidentally used one of my other email addresses. If that's enough to get screwed out of them I'll be giving their customer service department a whole load of angry calls until they sort their shit out. Their service frankly is some of the worst I've ever dealt with. I've had more productivity from Ebay sellers trying to pull scams.

So I just received an email from Samsung and they have removed my IMEI from the system which has allowed me to resubmit my claim for my ear buds. They stated in the email that It is required for the name on the claim to match the name on the Proof of Purchase being used to support that claim. So just a heads up to make sure your claim matches the details on your invoice.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
There's this beautiful set of lock screen wallpapers in a "multi-pack" in the Galaxy Themes store that switches every time you turn the screen off and on again.
Is there a way to apply this to the home screen as well?
LOL went crazy trying to apply this to the background wallpaper on my first day. I gave up trying.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My estimate for the earbuds in the shop Samsung app went from shipping the week of March 18 to the week of March 25. I redeemed March 6.

:/

I mean, they're free but I want them now.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
I know they didn't test the regular S10 which is the one I have, but at least the way I use my phone I find that the XS Max lasted way longer than my S10 did (which I assume is at least close to the S10e's battery even with the smaller screen).

With my XS Max I got a similar screen-on time at the end of the day as that video showed except I still had 10% left when I went to bed.
My S10 with similar usage barely made it over half that time without needing a charge (and that was with the resolution at 1080 too).

Granted my usage is different than that video (I use GPS and listen to podcasts for about 1.5 hours, browse about 50-60% of my usage, and maybe a few YouTube videos here or there), but I still wouldn't have expected such a different result from my day-to-day usage.
And to my knowledge I didn't have a ton of background apps sucking up battery (don't even have Facebook installed), so I don't think the smart battery would help much over time.

I find that iPhones have lasted longer in real world usage, but shorter if used continuously due to their smaller battery capacity. Stand by time makes a big difference.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I just received an email from Samsung and they have removed my IMEI from the system which has allowed me to resubmit my claim for my ear buds. They stated in the email that It is required for the name on the claim to match the name on the Proof of Purchase being used to support that claim. So just a heads up to make sure your claim matches the details on your invoice.

Well at least I've got some hope of fixing it now. Wish they were quicker getting things moving one way or another though. Still waiting on a reply to my claim status.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody point me to a full body case for the s10+ thats clear in the back. Only ones i see have built in screen protectors

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
BxActions + "One Handed Operation+" + Task Changer + MultiStar = flawless experience

And all of that is crazy considering that the regular experience is perfectly adequate, even with Google's stupid decisions in the design of the task switcher.
Hmm. Do you know if there's an option to customise what the power/fingerprint button does on the S10e? Right now it pulls down the status bar when swiping/scrolling it, but I'd love to change that to media controls or something.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Alright. Been back on SwiftKey for a few hours. Aesthetically, it's still not great. I can't find a theme I love. As a non-flow typer, it's much better than Gboard right now.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to remap the buttons for BxActions but keep the Bixby voice assistant? It's actually come in handy to quickly make a call while in a game on my PC a few times now so ideally I'd like to keep both. Main feature I actually want is flashlight on hold while locked tbh. That should be an option by default.

Edit: Nevermind I got it. Seems you need to still have Bixby as enabled in Locked and Unlocked as one control with the latter being mapped to long press, Though this part may be dependant on which function is the non bixby action in the phones settings instead.

Last edited:

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Yeah my buds still say they're shipping the week of the 25th, I hope they don't get pushed I want them real bad.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I feel like this build of Andriod is super incessant about push notifications about wifi networks that aren't yours and won't stfu. How can I silence it?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Alright. Been back on SwiftKey for a few hours. Aesthetically, it's still not great. I can't find a theme I love. As a non-flow typer, it's much better than Gboard right now.
Been using Chrooma myself for a few years since it color maps to the app you're using (not always flawlessly, though). It had the swipe on spacebar to move the cursor feature well before other keyboard apps did, swiping up on the backspace key clears out entire lines of text, and I aesthetically, I like the design. To be honest, swiping isn't as accurate as the other keyboards, including Samsung's default, but I put up with it because each keyboard seems to lack something, and if I'm going to use one that lacks something, I at least want it to look nice.

I should probably use the other keyboards to see how they are these days, though. But i'm too used to having the keyboard match the app and I'm not sure anything else does that.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Been using Chrooma myself for a few years since it color maps to the app you're using (not always flawlessly, though). It had the swipe on spacebar to move the cursor feature well before other keyboard apps did, swiping up on the backspace key clears out entire lines of text, and I aesthetically, I like the design. To be honest, swiping isn't as accurate as the other keyboards, including Samsung's default, but I put up with it because each keyboard seems to lack something, and if I'm going to use one that lacks something, I at least want it to look nice.

I should probably use the other keyboards to see how they are these days, though. But i'm too used to having the keyboard match the app and I'm not sure anything else does that.

I'll give it a shot. Being a pecker, I just need something to complete my words quickly and move on.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this build of Andriod is super incessant about push notifications about wifi networks that aren't yours and won't stfu. How can I silence it?
Download AutoNotifications. It pretty much perpetually snoozes any notifications you don't want to see, including persistent ones about certain apps using permissions when you know they're using them because you told the app to.

I think you can tinker with it in your settings too, but if not, nuke it from orbit with the above.

I'll give it a shot. Being a pecker, I just need something to complete my words quickly and move on.
There's a free and a pro version; I forget all of which comes with the free versus the pro though, so some of the stuff I've mentioned might only come with pro. I doubt it, but for the sake of clarity, I had to bring it up.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
I have an Exynos S10+ and honestly it's wonderful. Don't get hung up on the Snapdragon version existing, there is always going to be a better phone or faster processor or whatever unless you spend loads constantly. It's a class phone, better than 99% of handsets. The warranty matters more.

For the record I also have an S8+ and haven't had any issues. My mate bought an S8+ at the same time and had to take it back 3 times for battery issues until they replaced it. Warranties.
Same.

I had the 8+ and this is stunning in comparison.
The processor diffrence is only there if you have them side by side.
Thanks for answering guys, I was kinda afraid about some performance or battery issues, but yeah, it is miles better having the phone with some kind of warranty.
Also, I wrote Exynos wrong, it was too late on the night, lol

Crooked Rain

Oct 25, 2017
My fingerprint sensor is at the point where it just needs a quick tap now. It's pretty ridiculous. There's no way this thing doesn't learn over time. I didn't scan the same finger multiple times either.