• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Finally got my hands on my Pink S10 and everything is fabulous. I don't know if they updated the fingerprint sensor, but it seems to be serviceable after the tmobile update I got.

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
I've run into an issue with my S10+ that I'm quite sure didn't happen with my S8 and I can't find how to fix it. The issue is the back button seems to work universally instead of per app. The problem I'm having is one of the apps I'm using doesn't seem to have proper navigation to go back to the home screen so I press back to try to go back a page but instead it backs me out of the app. Even closing the app and reopening it doesn't work because when I reopen it it's on the same page I can't get out of.

Is there any way to fix this? I've noticed it with other app too, instead of taking me back to whatever was previous in my app it goes back to where I was which is generally the home screen. Super annoying.

That may be the apps themselves. I am currently browsing in Edge on my 10+ and using the back button and it just takes me back one page and not out of the app. I have used the back button in other apps as well.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Selling my S10 on Swappa, but I might get an S10e eventually when they start to drop in price a bit more.
Really like the size and traditional fingerprint reader on it, I just have to be a bit more frugal for the time being.

Possibly my favorite thing about the S10's is just how well they work with the Galaxy Buds. There's no noticeable audio lag with videos to me on YouTube or videos I download. My older Android has slightly noticeable lag on YouTube and some other videos, but it's still watchable, but the lag is strong enough on my iPhone that I rather use wired headphones with it. With any luck future patches will improve it even more, but for now I'll definitely miss that until I get another Samsung phone.

Last edited:

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Selling my S10 on Swappa, but I might get an S10e eventually when they start to drop in price a bit more.
Really like the size and traditional fingerprint reader on it, I just have to be a bit more frugal for the time being.

Possibly my favorite thing about the S10's is just how well they work with the Galaxy Buds. There's no noticeable audio lag with videos to me on YouTube or videos I download. My older Android has slightly noticeable lag on YouTube and some other videos, but it's still watchable, but the lag is strong enough on my iPhone that I rather use wired headphones with it. With any luck future patches will improve it even more, but for now I'll definitely miss that until I get another Samsung phone.
I'm guessing you aren't in the UK as you could just send it back for a refund within 14 days.

Can't imagine dropping dollar on something like this and just selling it 10 days later.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Requested the Galaxy Buds on 03/12/19 and still haven't heard anything from then. No approval or rejection information. No E-Mail and nothing in the Samsung Members app.
Anyone else still in limbo like me? The end of the application period is nearing and I'll be out of the country starting this Thursday... I'll be pissed if they wait until the last second to reject my request and I'm unable to do anything about it because I'm traveling the other side of the world...

Dec 3, 2018
Requested the Galaxy Buds on 03/12/19 and still haven't heard anything from then. No approval or rejection information. No E-Mail and nothing in the Samsung Members app.
Anyone else still in limbo like me? The end of the application period is nearing and I'll be out of the country starting this Thursday... I'll be pissed if they wait until the last second to reject my request and I'm unable to do anything about it because I'm traveling the other side of the world...

Get on live chat with them and get them to provide you with the email of the promotions team.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize this phone doesn't have notification led, this is something I found super useful and necessary for the way I use my phone.

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting idea on the fingerprint scanner. Each scan is actually 16 different scans of your print, so by adding the same finger/thumb 2 or 3 times, its just overkill.

Instead he suggests and demos just using one "scan" to get 8 scans of the left thumb and 8 of the right and it unlocks at exactly the same speed.

For people that were having issues with the fingerprint sensor (like me), the more scans of the same finger you have the higher the likelihood of it unlocking when you need it to.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing you aren't in the UK as you could just send it back for a refund within 14 days.

Can't imagine dropping dollar on something like this and just selling it 10 days later.
I probably could send it back for a refund, but I doubt I'd still be able to keep the free Galaxy Buds or do the great trade-in deal on my iPhone 8.

Even if I get like $100 off msrp for it by selling it, I'll still come out a little on top.

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my 10+ in. Coming from my LG v30 with google now launcher this is going to get some getting used to . :/
Also it said I was not eligible for th buds even though my order clearly stated I do ( from samsung .com) I am trying to fix it with support. But it is rough..lol
I am using the shop chat. so can't mess with the phone too much while on hold.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, do you have any recommended rugged case that protects the screen as well? I need something for my hiking and beach time. Rest of the time I'm using the phone caseless.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why Always On Display defaults to not actually be always on? I never had burn in issues with my s7 or s8 but it's a little concerning that the default is to only show it for 30 secs after a tap.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
So the Exynos battery is shit huh?

2iEfcal.jpg

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I dont really get these battery screenshots i've seen here. I got the verizon s10. Barely get 4hours of Screen On Time from 8am to 11pm. I just use chrome viber and maybe 10 mins youtube, 1h spotify and thats about it. No gaming at all. But i do commute almost 5h during the day bus and subway. Does the commuting drain the batttery this much? As i'm writing this post i'm standing at 80% battery with low brightness and 1080p rez. I took out most of the bloatware that was possible to get rid of but i am still getting the same hours like on my previous iphone 7. My wife's s10e on the other hand has been wayyyyy better. Ofc she doesnt use it as heavy as me but she commutes too uses it for chatting and calls and 24h later the battery is still at~55% which blows my mind. I did the smart switch process from iphone to s10 and i had quite a good amount of apps but i believe i optimized settings overall to save battery which is not happening..oh well i guess i'll have to wait for the smart battery to get smarter..🙄

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
I dont really get these battery screenshots i've seen here. I got the verizon s10. Barely get 4hours of Screen On Time from 8am to 11pm. I just use chrome viber and maybe 10 mins youtube, 1h spotify and thats about it. No gaming at all. But i do commute almost 5h during the day bus and subway. Does the commuting drain the batttery this much? As i'm writing this post i'm standing at 80% battery with low brightness and 1080p rez. I took out most of the bloatware that was possible to get rid of but i am still getting the same hours like on my previous iphone 7. My wife's s10e on the other hand has been wayyyyy better. Ofc she doesnt use it as heavy as me but she commutes too uses it for chatting and calls and 24h later the battery is still at~55% which blows my mind. I did the smart switch process from iphone to s10 and i had quite a good amount of apps but i believe i optimized settings overall to save battery which is not happening..oh well i guess i'll have to wait for the smart battery to get smarter..🙄
Screen resolution doesnt give you that much more battery time, maybe 1-2 hours total. 80% after 5 hours is not too bad.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Does the always-on clock etc. cause that much battery usage? I thought OLED was meant to be better with that stuff, but the battery life I'm seeing on my S10e isn't as good as most other people's here.

I used a $15 USB-C to HDMI plug from KMart and it worked great. Just need to buy a cheap BT KB/M now.
Nice. I wouldn't really use it (ever, I don't think) but it'd be fun for a bit of mucking around or whatever. Or watch/play shit at work during lunch breaks.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to keep the screen at QHD with adaptive power saving? It keeps reverting to FHD on me.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So with the stock launcher, I know you can't set Google Assistant to the Bixby Button, but I need to clear up one worrisome preconception -- Google Assistant still works on Galaxy S10, right? Like I can still turn off Bixby and use "Ok/Hey Google" to prompt the Assistant?

Just curious if Bixby and Samsung's push to make it a thing present any problems trying to use Google Assistant, particularly when using Android Auto, as I usually prompt it with a specified button on my steering wheel -- and I don't want Bixby coming up over my car speakers instead.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
I just discovered the Good Lock Samsung application for easy one hande gesture...

That feature is amazing! Especially for Internet browsing, you can map it to back and forward. It makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
So with the stock launcher, I know you can't set Google Assistant to the Bixby Button, but I need to clear up one worrisome preconception -- Google Assistant still works on Galaxy S10, right? Like I can still turn off Bixby and use "Ok/Hey Google" to prompt the Assistant?

Just curious if Bixby and Samsung's push to make it a thing present any problems trying to use Google Assistant, particularly when using Android Auto, as I usually prompt it with a specified button on my steering wheel -- and I don't want Bixby coming up over my car speakers instead.

stock meaning what comes out of the box and not a launcher called "stock"?
there is an option now to change what the button does. in the bixby settings you can set it to single click whatever app you want, but bixby will still be enabled and become the double click. ( i have mine set to open google)

then there are 3rd party apps that can just change it to plenty of other actions. others here have a big list of things you can do with remapping the bixby button.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Galaxy Buds today.

sound great so far.

major go.

you can use "OK Google" even with Bixby on.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just fired up some HDR content on Youtube.

Is this what I've been missing? This shit is gorgeous. I need to get an HDR TV and bemoan the fact that I don't have any HDR content to watch on it.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
anyone have android auto text to speech issues? old note 9 had no problem reading text while in my car but with my new s10e it doesn't work. I even switch from Samsung to Google text to speech oh n my phone settings and still nothing

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
So the Exynos battery is shit huh?

2iEfcal.jpg
I need to get Wifi at work!!

anyone have android auto text to speech issues? old note 9 had no problem reading text while in my car but with my new s10e it doesn't work. I even switch from Samsung to Google text to speech oh n my phone settings and still nothing
Mine has an issue now with voice messaging whilst using maps, for 3 days it would say "Do you want to send it or change it" and you say send it and it does.
Now it just sits there and wont send.