• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
s20lineup.jpg

Best Buy and Samsung are doing pre-order promos (200$ bonus Samsung credit) and trade-in promos

S20 - $999
S20+ - $1199.99
S20 Ultra - $1399.99

Best Buy Pre-Order Link
Best Buy Trade In Calculator
Samsung Pre-Order Link

$200 Promo Credit is redeemed at Samsung's store, if you reserve through Samsung you have to use the credit immediately. If you reserve through Best Buy you get a code upon release. Credit can be used for cases, accessories, even Galaxy Tabs or Chromebooks.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I seriously thought I fell asleep for 10 years there...S10 was just 2 years ago. Guess they're using the decade as the brand name for the phone.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I wish Google still had the program where you could buy phones from other OEMs that had stock Android on them. Samsung makes awesome hardware, but I don't like all their software tweaks or the fact that adding those tweaks means you have to wait months to get updated to new versions of Android.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I wish Google still had the program where you could buy phones from other OEMs that had stock Android on them. Samsung makes awesome hardware, but I don't like all their software tweaks or the fact that adding those tweaks means you have to wait months to get updated to new versions of Android.

Its gotten better, their OneUI is actually solid af and the updates come out more frequently now

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
preordered mine already. my s8 is failing me a lot with slowing down, need a new phone.

Are you with Sprint?

They texted me that I could get these new phones for 50% off with a S8 in ANY CONDITION trade in. (I have a S8+ with a cracked screen)

I might be missing something here.

Does Bestbuy or Samsung offer the same thing ir similar? Or am I better off going with Sprint's deal.

I see that Samsung's site says $399 for the regular S20...but trade in value might not be similar to Sprint, I'm guessing.

Edit- yup I would only get $120 from Samsung.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
My mum is using a Note 9, and she wants the 20; I can get it for half off, plus whatever trade-in is on top for the 8. So it's probably 75% off for the whole phone. But I'm pretty sure she's going to miss not being able to use the pen.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sales were garbage tier.

People who wanted the hardware wanted the software tweaks too.

Also, think about all of the unsupported hardware in the S20 series that would need customized support and optimization anyway, like the camera modules, optical fingerprint sensor, reverse wireless charging, magnetic secure transmission module, fast charging logic, etc...

And of course 'out of the box' stuff like Galaxy Buds, Samsung TV compatibility, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Fit, etc... wouldn't work as advertised on this Samsung device because of the barebones Google software...

Sounds like a support nightmare.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Sales were garbage tier.

Also, think about all of the unsupported hardware in the S20 series that would need customized support and optimization anyway, like the camera modules, optical fingerprint sensor, reverse wireless charging, magnetic secure transmission module, fast charging logic, etc...

And of course 'out of the box' stuff like Galaxy Buds, Samsung TV compatibility, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Fit, etc... wouldn't work as advertised on this Samsung device because of the barebones Google software...

And in some cases, Samsung has implemented features before stock Android even had them. Thankfully Android is not like an iOS situation where application updates are tied to the OS updates, I rarely find myself missing major Android releases though it's nice when they happen eventually.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you with Sprint?

They texted me that I could get these new phones for 50% off with a S8 in ANY CONDITION trade in. (I have a S8+ with a cracked screen)

I might be missing something here.

Does Bestbuy or Samsung offer the same thing ir similar? Or am I better off going with Sprint's deal.

I see that Samsung's site says $399 for the regular S20...but trade in value might not be similar to Sprint, I'm guessing.

Edit- yup I would only get $120 from Samsung.
nah im with at&t. I'm buying this one from amazon unlocked. I dont think wifi calling is worth having to deal with all the rest. And they dont really offer anything worthwhile. I can also choose to pay at 0% interest for a while monthly with my card.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Sales were garbage tier.

I know it's not practical, but wishes don't have to be. =]

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Holy shit at the pricing, the lower end model is 1000 $, this is too much.

I will give my S8+ a hug and tell it to keep it up.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trading my S10+ in just for the insane trade in credit + Samsung credit
I got 600$ for the trade in and then 200$ Samsung Credit for a phone that I paid $800ish for.
I guess I'll have to investigate the trade in offers... I bought my phone when I switched from ATT prepaid to a Verizon unlimited plan, and got it through them, so idk how all that works. Speaking of trade ins and a funny story... they gave me $400 toward the S10+ for a super old S4 mini, lol the salesman said "wait what?" when he read that. I was like, "Uh do they want it to put in a museum?" He said, "No it's marked for disposal." We both laughed.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I got 600$ for the trade in and then 200$ Samsung Credit for a phone that I paid $800ish for.
Hey I have a dilemma but I would like to see about trades. So this question is for everyone here.

I bought my S10+ 512GB on ebay for a good deal on ebay. (Edit:About a year ago)The only issues is I have tried to do a free unlock but the phone on the att website says that the phone is registered on a different account or some bs.

The phone works on with my sim card and att service so I dont know if it means the original user hasn't removed it from their account?

Anyways does this mean I cant trade it in until either I get the original owner (I've asked in the past) fixes this from their side or I buy some unlock code from ebay?

Any suggestions here era?

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Hey I have a dilemma but I would like to see about trades. So this question is for everyone here.

I bought my S10+ 512GB on ebay for a good deal on ebay. (Edit:About a year ago)The only issues is I have tried to do a free unlock but the phone on the att website says that the phone is registered on a different account or some bs.

The phone works on with my sim card and att service so I dont know if it means the original user hasn't removed it from their account?

Anyways does this mean I cant trade it in until either I get the original owner (I've asked in the past) fixes this from their side or I buy some unlock code from ebay?

Any suggestions here era?

you should be able to trade it in as long as you do a complete wipe of the phone. idk how it works on the AT&T side

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
you should be able to trade it in as long as you do a complete wipe of the phone. idk how it works on the AT&T side
So maybe not even bring it up when doing a trade in? I'm just scared they will be like "um sir this phone is still activated on an account. We cannot do the trade" and then I would walk all embarrassed out of the store lol.

Like the phone is legit. It works. My att sim works. Now the seller on ebay did say that the phone would work as long as you used and kept att. (Meaning not unlocking to use for say Verizon or wjatevrr) so that was a bit shady at the time but I got a darn good deal for it at the end so I dint really care. I use att through a family plan so I'm sticking with att for the time being.

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017
s20lineup.jpg

Best Buy and Samsung are doing pre-order promos (200$ bonus Samsung credit) and trade-in promos

S20 - $999
S20+ - $1199.99
S20 Ultra - $1399.99

Best Buy Pre-Order Link
Best Buy Trade In Calculator
Samsung Pre-Order Link

$200 Promo Credit is redeemed at Samsung's store, if you reserve through Samsung you have to use the credit immediately. If you reserve through Best Buy you get a code upon release. Credit can be used for cases, accessories, even Galaxy Tabs or Chromebooks.

I'm going to be pissed when they release that white version in a couple months. I've seen it in multiple preview articles/videos but you can't get it anywhere afaik.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I'm happy with my phone but thinking of doing this too. I bought my phone for $700 on Prime day and they'll give me 800 for it back...

So a new S20 Ultra would be 600 dollars...not bad. So it would actually come out to $100 less than I paid for my S10+ lol

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017
do people really care of phone colors that much when so many folks just immediately put them in a case

I don't know about people, but I do. That said, some people put their phone in a clear case.

I'm not even a form over function type, but I'd like some visual appeal. The gray I ended up choosing is pretty uninspiring. I imagine Samsung knows the white models are popular, so they're probably holding it off to give sales a second wind when they slow down.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
You can use it later, don't worry. They'll email them to you 15ish days after you get the phone. But it sounds like it's one or the other. If you want to use credits now, it's use them or lose them from what I understand.

Ok. I'll probably end up getting a watch or something. But yeah, if I say "Skip addons", they make it seem like you don't get anything.

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017
Ok. I'll probably end up getting a watch or something. But yeah, if I say "Skip addons", they make it seem like you don't get anything.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but kept going anyway and they were in my cart and it said they would be emailed in my order confirmation. Honestly wish I would have just used them though. 15 days is a long time to wait to buy accessories.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Note 10+ and the Duo has my money until they don't. I need a pen integrated and a killer camera.

I don't really have any expectations for the camera. With the hardware prototypes they've shown, I don't see how or where they would stick a good camera unless they're working with Google on camera tech or something.

The thing I'm most concerned about is the Duo's chip. It was shown having a Snapdragon 855. I'm praying the consumer version is a Snapdragon 865 and includes the 5G chip and antenna array.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have any expectations for the camera. With the hardware prototypes they've shown, I don't see how or where they would stick a good camera unless they're working with Google on camera tech or something.

The thing I'm most concerned about is the Duo's chip. It was shown having a Snapdragon 855. I'm praying the consumer version is a Snapdragon 865 and includes the 5G chip and antenna array.

Yeah the worst thing they can do is pull a Motorola and launch a cutting edge phone design with lackluster specs. Even a bad camera kills it for me IMO.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the worst thing they can do is pull a Motorola and launch a cutting edge phone design with lackluster specs. Even a bad camera kills it for me IMO.

With how they've launched Surface Pro devices with year old hardware, it wouldn't surprise me but it would be incredibly disappointing.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And in some cases, Samsung has implemented features before stock Android even had them. Thankfully Android is not like an iOS situation where application updates are tied to the OS updates, I rarely find myself missing major Android releases though it's nice when they happen eventually.
Stock Android finally got a charging sound in Android 9. OEMs had that in 2.2 almost a decade earlier.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
We got our S20 displays in a few days ago and I've been messing around with it.

Holy shit at the camera on the Ultra.

I'm not upgrading since I'm a Note guy (and the Note 20 is going to be nuts) and got a 10 back in November.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Are these generally in stores already? Have no intention of buying, but I want to check out a display unit

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I went to best buy last night and was surprised to see the s20 demo models on display. I'd rather have a flat screen because I loathe the screen curve on Samsung phones but the s20 curve seems better. Still not as good as a flat screen but the curve seems smaller and the curve doesn't become a giant reflection like I saw on the S10.