• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at photos of these phones, especially the S20+, these look incredible aesthetically (obviously Samsung is not the first, but as far as Samsung goes, this is their best).

Imagine being that much of a fanboy/girl where you can't admit phones other than the iPhone look absolutely amazing. I can understand brand loyalty, but only to a certain degree. It's quite humorous when people make up stuff because they have to feel the need that the product they enjoy using is better.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Am i missing out THAT much settling for the S20, compared to the S20+ and Ultra?

When I compared all of them, the regular S20 is almost the same size as my S8+. Usually I go for the plus versions of phones....but I'm fine with the size of my S8+.

I don't plan on taking many photos, as a hobby or anything. Sure some with fam.. some of Beautiful scenery I see. But these new Cameras on these phones are crazy advanced. I don't use social media or anything, so I wasn't gonna be uploading a bunch of photos/videos.

BUT being able to record in 4k60fps was important to me, and it seems the S20 does that. I just feel weird buying the cheapest version. I usually don't do that when it comes to tech lol.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dude my S7 has gotten so slow, it's ridiculous. I don't want to upgrade just out of spite that there's no reason the thing should be this way, it worked fine!
The Ultra has enough RAM and memory I figured I'll splurge on the highest end model so i can keep it for 3-4 years. By then I am hoping flip touch screen phones are far away enough there is one that is a clear winner.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The Ultra has enough RAM and memory I figured I'll splurge on the highest end model so i can keep it for 3-4 years. By then I am hoping flip touch screen phones are far away enough there is one that is a clear winner.
Yeah, I guess I can't be too mad about getting almost 4 years out of my phone, maybe it's time to pull the trigger. The only thing I really dislike about these is the front camera being a hole in the screen. Well, and the price haha, I'm not getting much on an S7 trade in, like 50 bucks if I'm lucky

Jack Bauer

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max less than 14 days ago and after seeing some of these camera comparisons on YouTube, I am having to exercise great restraint to stop myself from going to Verizon and exchanging it for an S20 Ultra preorder.

It is just magnitudes better, especially in low light.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've always been pretty cheap when it comes to phones. I used to have a blackberry because it was free through Verizon, and I finally upgraded from that to a Moto G6 two years ago because, once again, it was really cheap. Finally decided to splurge on a phone and just preordered an Ultra.

i imagine it'll be like going from an 02 civic to a brand new lambo.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i am able to get 50% off any of the models. I honestly was not going to get this phone and was dead set on the new xperia range that was recently announced.

I'm conflicted because i prefer sony phones, but they stopped selling them in Australia... Even though i could probably grab them from Kogan but at full price.

$750AU for the S20 5G or $1k for the Ultra is very tempting...

I've never had a phone without a headphone jack so not sure how much I wouldn't like that.
I do use my headphone jack with my current xperia but wouldn't the earbuds be good enough for the galaxy?
I dunno.

My current phone is the xz premium. I figure its a big enough upgrade. Not too sure how much of a size difference there is between it and the ultra. Only seems like .8cm which doesnt sound that much of a difference.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with my S10+, I'm seriously considering trading it for an S20-ultra, just for the great trade-in value!