• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I dont blame you. I dont really like settling for below the base S model. Pity they dont have the 70 though. My friend recently got one and honestly theres very little the S10 has over it.
Saw the Specs and it rivals the S10 so no dissing the A line, I just need something recent, good tech, strong when I drop it in case and isn't a hassle, I still rock the S8 edge but only after it got cheap and it's time to upgrade.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Seems I'm being priced out of my favorite phone, have had the line since the original Vibrant.

I guess I'll have to re adjust to a screen without curved edges. Its hard for me to look at other flat phones now that I'm so used to it. Makes the screen look miles better.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it sucks but at least non-flagship phones have been keeping the jack. Luckily mid-range phones are so good these days. When I upgrade my S9 in a year or two I might have to get a mid-range, and I'm ok with that. The only big feature I really care about these days is a good camera.
I'm just waiting for a mid-range to come out with the size of the S10e and I'm going that route.

Not switching brands because of Samsung Pay, but the moment Samsung puts out a solid mid-ranger that's smaller, I'm going.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So all these phones are using the Snapdragon 865, which apparently doesn't have integrated modems. Meaning it will have an extra chip to handle data connections.

The battery tests for these phones are going to be very interesting.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
So all these phones are using the Snapdragon 865, which apparently doesn't have integrated modems. Meaning it will have an extra chip to handle data connections.

The battery tests for these phones are going to be very interesting.
765 phones will have integrated chips, so any potential mid-tiers from Samsung, if they opt to not use Exynos, should be fine.

But I'm certain the bigger batteries are there to make up for the extra power draw.

interesting, but they stopped selling the old flagship models here once the new one was available
Here in the US, you can still find S9's being sold new. They're prepaid phones essentially, but you can find them.

Oct 25, 2017
Still find it shitty that they only sell 5g phones here. Only tmobile has a nation wide midband 5g network with decent coverage atm ( I think?) yet impressions I've seen mention it's a toss up if it's faster or slower than LTE.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has questions for the S20, z flip or buds, I have it in front of me. I can answer some questions

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
How does the ultra thin glass feels? I mean, it's glass, but maybe it feels different? Is it legit?
It feels like a mix between plastic and glass. Plastic as it can bend a bit (for example, I'm pressing in by the camera) but doesn't look like it'll leave marks when using nails and some pressure applied to it. It's pretty nice I think

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has questions for the S20, z flip or buds, I have it in front of me. I can answer some questions
How does the S20 deal with video in low light? Samsung cameras are usually pretty awful for that and if it can actually do a decent job I might upgrade. My S10 is pretty useless for it.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I joked to my friend that I would need a safe to carry it around as a case will not due. At that price, its almost like, would never leave the pocket lol I'm not clumsy with my phones, but I think the price of it would pretty much always keep me on edge if people are around where they might bump into me.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so my current monthly payments on my S10+ are £33.71/month, and these are the options I have on the Upgrade Programme,

vrNm851.jpg

For £3/month extra the Ultra is almost tempting to be honest even though I wasn't bothered about it before.
Now that details are out I need to look more into the actual differences rather than the rumoured ones.

No way I'd go for the 512GB Ultra though when it's £42/month
Man, I've been trying to get to the upgrade lounge all night, how did you get in there?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so my current monthly payments on my S10+ are £33.71/month, and these are the options I have on the Upgrade Programme,

vrNm851.jpg

For £3/month extra the Ultra is almost tempting to be honest even though I wasn't bothered about it before.
Now that details are out I need to look more into the actual differences rather than the rumoured ones.

No way I'd go for the 512GB Ultra though when it's £42/month
As someone unfamiliar with these plans, how does this work? You give them your current phone, they give you the new one, and then you start paying whatever those prices are in that image without needing to finish off your payments on your previous phone?

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone unfamiliar with these plans, how does this work? You give them your current phone, they give you the new one, and then you start paying whatever those prices are in that image without needing to finish off your payments on your previous phone?
Yep.

So sending your old one back settles whatever is left on your 24 month credit account.

So i guess you're effectively able to take out a credit agreement for 12 months, but have repayments that are equivalent to a 24 month loan (I.e cheaper).

So as long as you're happy with your monthly repayment costs and you're sure youre going to be sticking with samsung, it kind of makes sense to just get the newest phone when it comes out for basically the same money per month.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Supposedly shot on S20 ultra

But don't know what photo is taken with zoom or the telephoto lens, etc.
To me, it seems on par with the other current flagships but not obviously better? I'm not really an expert...

Whilst risking the ire of the dedicated photo heads, I think we reached a ceiling in the last cycle or even before of phones for just general photos

Unless you're putting these snaps in a 60inch TV or something, even the photos on my P20 Pro versus the ones you've posted - I reckon I could match them given time and location. At least to my untrained eye

I think the only marginal differences would be night time shots from my current phone to this

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Supposedly shot on S20 ultra

But don't know what photo is taken with zoom or the telephoto lens, etc.
To me, it seems on par with the other current flagships but not obviously better? I'm not really an expert...
Whilst risking the ire of the dedicated photo heads, I think we reached a ceiling in the last cycle or even before of phones for just general photos

Unless you're putting these snaps in a 60inch TV or something, even the photos on my P20 Pro versus the ones you've posted - I reckon I could match them given time and location. At least to my untrained eye

I think the only marginal differences would be night time shots from my current phone to this
Yeah honestly if you're just taking 'normal' photos like in that album / like most people are likely to take, it's hard to differentiate now lol. Colours might be different and situations like extreme low light or extreme zoom are where differences seem more noticeable, but not sure most people are using their cameras like that.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No discount on thre preorder on the civil service samsung employee partner portal.

Think I will look elsewhere to upgrade from my s8. I'm totally out of touch with phones barring samsung so I guess it's time to do some research.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
So tempted by the Ultra, but not sure if I should hand back my current phone or pay £180 to keep it (S9+). I could probably sell it and make that back anyhoo.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Contemplating to upgrade from the Pixel2XL to the S20+, the ultra is tempting but not at that price and I do not use digital zoom at above x7, so I think I am good with x3 optical and x30 digital.
With the pixel2xl i made some of the best phone pics in my collection but the phone is showing it's age in speed and battery life.
Was planing on buying the pixel4xl but was disappointed in the Hardware....
My plan is to get the Gcam app on the S20+ and hoping it will take pics on the same level as a pixel phone.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Headphone jack was the reason I was still with Samsung. Stupid of them. S10 will be my last Samsung phone.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Headphone jack was the reason I was still with Samsung. Stupid of them. S10 will be my last Samsung phone.
I think i'm done with their flagships, although some of their mid rangers still have it. I think if you are looking for a flagship with the jack, lg and sony are the ones that allegedly will still have it.