• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Wait a couple of months and they will be $300-$400 cheaper.

I'll probably upgrade to the S20+ but not at those insane prices. I'll wait a few months for the price range to get to the $900 [and even that is still premium for a phone]. I think the prices here are going bite Samsung hard and they'll be forced to lower prices sooner than they would like.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo is this true? I need more info. The T-mobile site seems to be having issues right now, but I don't see anything mentioning this. Is this an in-store only deal?

Cell Phones & Smartphones | Shop the Newest Mobile Phones | T-Mobile

Special deals on the latest cell phones and smartphones. Get FREE SHIPPING on phones and devices with new activations.

Samsung's trade in page:

www.samsung.com

Buy Galaxy S20, S20+ & S20 Ultra 5G | Price & Deals | Samsung US

Find the best price for the Galaxy S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra no matter your carrier. Upgrade, trade in or switch to the latest S20 at 24 mo. 0% APR.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Best Buy is the only place to get Aura Blue. Regular S20 is the most bang for buck. Only real difference is screen size between it and the plus. And 100X is actually crap from a lot of places I've seen. I don't think I can go back to small screen so the plus seems the best for me.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have an S9 and feel no desire to upgrade.

S20 Pros
- Big improvements to the camera
- Better battery life
- Smaller bezel, but who thought it was too large before?
- Faster, but my S9 already responds insanely fast...?

S20 Cons
- Punch-hole (I hate that and notches)
- No headphone jack
- Not compatible with my Gear VR
- Insane price

All in all, it's a no brainer to stick with my S9.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Samsung has truly made killer phones with killer prices.

Was talking to my cousin who has the 9+. He was planning on upgrading, but now has now decided not to. He's good with his phone and all he really needs is Samsung Pay. Also, the S9 series still has a great camera

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'd stay with my s9 another year but this battery life is fucking garbage. If the s20 ends up anything like this after a year or 2 I'll be switching to iPhone or something else for the first time.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
No Bixby button?
Thank god, worth upgrading from my S10+ just for that.

Ugh really? I'd argue that's a worse downgrade than the lack of a headphone jack. Man I don't know how I'll adapt to not having easy access to back and home buttons anymore. Having to reach down to the bottom of the screen is going to suck.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the line will struggle because they've gone from conditioning people to expect to pay less than Apple prices for a good phone (the multiple galaxy lines), to now suddenly paying way more than iPhone 11 Pro prices for premium phones.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
coming from the S9+ this looks pretty meh to me, way too expensive and doesn't really offer any meaningful improvement. At this rate my next phone will prob an Iphone

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably upgrade to the S20+ but not at those insane prices. I'll wait a few months for the price range to get to the $900 [and even that is still premium for a phone]. I think the prices here are going bite Samsung hard and they'll be forced to lower prices sooner than they would like.
I agree, if I'm going to have to pay $1100-1200 for a premium phone, I'll just go back to iphone, especially since Galaxy no longer has a headphone jack. I have an S10 so I might just hold on to it for another year and see if I want an iPhone at that time or an overpriced S30...

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the line will struggle because they've gone from conditioning people to expect to pay less than Apple prices for a good phone (the multiple galaxy lines), to now suddenly paying way more than iPhone 11 Pro prices for premium phones.
Except that the cheapest Galaxy S20 at $999 is barely even a fair fight vs the most expensive iPhone 11 (the pro max) which cost a minimum of $1250 unless you're happy with a $1000+ phone with 64gb of storage.

The still extremely premium S10+ at what is a price point of $800 directly competes with the 11 pro max, $400 cheaper and will likely still stack up very well vs the non pro iPhone 12 for what will be a lot less money by that time. The iPhone 11 non premium phone still goes for $650. Or $750 if you want more than 64gb of storage.

If you're talking value vs iphones, it's still there in droves if you're looking for it.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever the phone is up for preorder on Amazon I'll get the ultra. Samsungs deal doesn't benefit me all that much when I'm only getting 200 for my s8 to trade in for. And heck I upgraded after 3 years. And the only reason I'm doing so is because my s8 is freezing up every 5 seconds with apps I use on a regular basis.

Jun 1, 2018
Whenever the phone is up for preorder on Amazon I'll get the ultra. Samsungs deal doesn't benefit me all that much when I'm only getting 200 for my s8 to trade in for. And heck I upgraded after 3 years. And the only reason I'm doing so is because my s8 is freezing up every 5 seconds with apps I use on a regular basis.
I had the same issue with the s8. switched to iphone 11 pro for the first time in my life and never looking back. battery life and performance is incredible

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Is there no way to buy the case separately through samsung?
No it's a nice racket.

Though, I had lost my BeoPlay E8 charger case a year before that (talk about racket) and they did sell them separately for the low price of just €180. Oh and then they also released an upgrade right after I bought it (but that was a pretty useless upgrade just so they could hike the price even more).

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be using my S8 until the battery no longer holds a charge on its own I guess.

Apple and Samsung just don't bring anything to the table anymore.

There's no reason to upgrade a phone anymore unless the phone just breaks or stops working as it did when you first bought it.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

S20 Pros
- Better battery life

S20 Cons
- No headphone jack
- Insane price

I will also miss back fingerprint area which also acts as expanding notification slider

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i'm good with my Note10+ for now... even if i hate, hate, HAAAATE the fingerprint area. I'm not using it because i have a hard time unlocking my phone with it, i'm at like 1/10~. (Never missed a single unlock on my S9)

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh really? I'd argue that's a worse downgrade than the lack of a headphone jack. Man I don't know how I'll adapt to not having easy access to back and home buttons anymore. Having to reach down to the bottom of the screen is going to suck.
Get Good lock + one handed operation...

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
I like the camera feautures of the Ultra but overall this years model doesnt seem like an enormous upgrade in design or features over the s10+. I'll save my judgement for reviews and a hands on but atm i'm leaning towards seeing what the next note offers or hoping the S21 or whatever is a bigger leap forward.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands

S20 Pros
- Better battery life

S20 Cons
- No headphone jack
- Insane price

Not entirely sure about the S20, but my S10 supposedly wasn't compatible with Gear VR either but then totally is, and I find the punch hole camera to be a nice upgrade over the prior phones in daily use as well.
I'll give you the price and headphone jack though.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not entirely sure about the S20, but my S10 supposedly wasn't compatible with Gear VR either but then totally is, and I find the punch hole camera to be a nice upgrade over the prior phones in daily use as well.
I'll give you the price and headphone jack though.

The Note 10 was the first truly incompatible phone with Gear VR. The Galaxy S20 is unfortunately the second.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
I'm also surprised they didn't release the S20E right now, but that will come in a few months. And I was going to get this (flagship tier) one anyways so I'm good.

I'm still using my Note 8 and it's actually working great but I want a better camera and smaller form factor. I'd be tempted to get a S10 but they haven't lowered the prices enough to be worth it. Might as well just get the S20. I would wait for Note 20 but I don't like what they did last year holding out a bunch of better specs for the 10+. I don't want that big ass phone.

Considering everything you are getting in this phone $999 is the correct price. People are just mad there is no budget tier (iPhone 11) model for $699 which I understand. But that's coming. Gotta force people to lay up the $999 who really need/want a new phone, then scrape up everyone in a few months with the budget one who didn't.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also surprised they didn't release the S20E right now, but that will come in a few months. And I was going to get this (flagship tier) one anyways so I'm good.

I'm still using my Note 8 and it's actually working great but I want a better camera and smaller form factor. I'd be tempted to get a S10 but they haven't lowered the prices enough to be worth it. Might as well just get the S20. I would wait for Note 20 but I don't like what they did last year holding out a bunch of better specs for the 10+. I don't want that big ass phone.

Considering everything you are getting in this phone $999 is the correct price. People are just mad there is no budget tier (iPhone 11) model for $699 which I understand. But that's coming. Gotta force people to lay up the $999 who really need/want a new phone, then scrape up everyone in a few months with the budget one who didn't.
Except the $999 version doesn't truly seem premium but almost like the "budget" E model. It lacks proper 5G support by not having mmWave support that Verizon uses for 5G, Tmobile version of 5G is barely faster than 4G so you really want something like mmWave support. To top it all off, it also lacks the depth sensor lens the S20+ has. The S20 and S20+ should be identical in features but only a size difference, instead the S20 lacks features (S10 and S10+ were identical feature wise).

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Except the $999 version doesn't truly seem premium but almost like the "budget" E model. It lacks proper 5G support by not having mmWave support that Verizon uses for 5G, Tmobile version of 5G is barely faster than 4G so you really want something like mmWave support. To top it all off, it also lacks the depth sensor lens the S20+ has. The S20 and S20+ should be identical in features but only a size difference, instead the S20 lacks features (S10 and S10+ were identical feature wise).
Also I believe the S20 lacks micro SD support. I guess I'll be doing 5G Lite on T-Mobile when I finally get S20+ in a few months.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, sub 6Ghz 5G is what you'll get to use 99.99999% of the time.

Buying a phone for mmWave now is buying a phone that you might get to fully use in 4 years.

And T-mobile 5G is actually 5G. It has been stated several times that it's just a maximum 20% improvement in speeds over LTE Advanced in the same frequencies.

But sure, diss the regular S20 because of the 5 street corners in the whole planet you might get to use mmWave until 2022. You drank that tasty 5G kool aid marketing.

Verizon can't even get mmWave to cover a stadium LOL

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017

5G is irrelevant for 99% of people.

The lack of a depth sensor makes the S20 a budget phone? No way. The S20 is stacked.

I agree both models should be identical.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

Ehhhh. That's more splitting hairs about the naming convention. Instead of E, regular, +, it's now regular, +, Ultra.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No headphone jack will be disappointing. I love my 9+, so I'll gladly upgrade to the S10.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, sub 6Ghz 5G is what you'll get to use 99.99999% of the time.

Buying a phone for mmWave now is buying a phone that you might get to fully use in 4 years.

And T-mobile 5G is actually 5G. It has been stated several times that it's just a maximum 20% improvement in speeds over LTE Advanced in the same frequencies.

But sure, diss the regular S20 because of the 5 street corners in the whole planet you might get to use mmWave until 2022. You drank that tasty 5G kool aid marketing.

Verizon can't even get mmWave to cover a stadium LOL
they can't even get mmWave to cover a NBA/NHL arena.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
People can just wait a few months. Prices drop pretty fast on Samsung phones. You can get these for hundreds of dollars less during say amazon prime day.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I just feel that charging $999 is too much for the base S20 when it lacks features the S20+ has, should have kept it at $899 at most, although since it is the equivalent of the E model now, that is more like a $250 price increase.

The other major problem I have with the phone is you can't use the screen at 1440p at 120 Hz, I like my high resolution screen and a higher refresh rate means nothing if I can't run my phone at its native resolution.

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017

Cell Phones & Smartphones | Shop the Newest Mobile Phones | T-Mobile

Special deals on the latest cell phones and smartphones. Get FREE SHIPPING on phones and devices with new activations.

Samsung's trade in page:

www.samsung.com

Buy Galaxy S20, S20+ & S20 Ultra 5G | Price & Deals | Samsung US

Find the best price for the Galaxy S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra no matter your carrier. Upgrade, trade in or switch to the latest S20 at 24 mo. 0% APR.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I picked it up last night. I had been using an S5 with battery issues until I could get an S20. The Pixel is a much nicer stopgap lol.