• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I like Ann as a character, but unless there's more to it I really dislike the concept of a princess being a power-up for a Samurai.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This chapter was pretty damn cool. Not a fan of some stuff like how Hachimaru is suddenly easily able to beat all these samurai and how he's also got a special soul (I know he is special but I rarely like it when the protagonist is special, lol) now but ehh? I'm not gonna be picky, I'll just enjoy what there is to enjoy.
I like Ann as a character, but unless there's more to it I really dislike the concept of a princess being a power-up for a Samurai.
Same. Never liked it and so far it doesn't seem like there's any more to it, unfortunately.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I like they sped through top 100 so quickly. while I like the idea of battle royal. I don't want the story to be stuck too long in this arc.
I imagine there will be character that will focus mainly opposing that concept. like a princess that want to be samurai herself or we got male character serving the role princess role etc

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Given the pedigree, this is surprisingly low on the weekly rankings...it's always just third or fourth from the bottom, only above extremely derivative stuff like Beast Children and Shinobi Squad.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol how do we get only two notable fights in a battle royale arc with 1000+ people, with one of said fights being a rematch against someone we've already met

And am I missing something, or are the samurai/princess duo really that dumb? How many other Cat/Child duos do they think they're gonna find...

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Given the pedigree, this is surprisingly low on the weekly rankings...it's always just third or fourth from the bottom, only above extremely derivative stuff like Beast Children and Shinobi Squad.
This comic seems to be pandering to Otaku's with it's emphasis on Hachimaru being a gamer, the shut-in girl, and the whole big brother protecting Ann thing. If that's all this comic has, it's surprising that no one likes it.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up.

It's gotten a lot better than that prologue/intro stuff. The art cleaned up. Daruma's real form was cool.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So im through Chapter 3 and I have been really enjoying Sam8 so far. I wasnt a big fan of Hachimaru at first, but hes gotten so much better after the first chapter. I hope this series can continue for awhile longer. Its got a really cool world and I cant wait to see him get to space and see more worlds.

When did people start dropping off the book?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So im through Chapter 3 and I have been really enjoying Sam8 so far. I wasnt a big fan of Hachimaru at first, but hes gotten so much better after the first chapter. I hope this series can continue for awhile longer. Its got a really cool world and I cant wait to see him get to space and see more worlds.

When did people start dropping off the book?
Chapter 3 and you're really enjoying it? You're in for a bit of a treat then. It took a while for it to get good for me, but I've been really enjoying it lately.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 3 and you're really enjoying it? You're in for a bit of a treat then. It took a while for it to get good for me, but I've been really enjoying it lately.
Yea, I havent had a chance to read any more yet, but im subbing to the SJ app to continue. At first I really didnt like Hachimaru, but by the end of the first chapter they started moving him in the right direction.

I really liked the world of Naruto, so I would love to see what this series can do when it finally goes into space and visits new worlds.