• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Love it.
Pretty much cemented my decision to purchase, I was worried the three unknown characters would all be male

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Ambiguous race sexy brown girl. Why do Japanese mangaka/animators/game devs love this trope?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The design is SO POLUTED
It is BAD

It is the ... sounds of the show all badly regulated, not just the m&Ms

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
She is actually not a pirate!
She was saved as a child by a gang of pirates, but is actually the leader of a group of female shipbuilders.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! My interest in the game has increased! What do we know about her backstory/background?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As said in the other thread, why has SNK become worse at character designs? I remember back in the golden age they had some of the coolest character designs ever.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or people are ignoring what was always there. Darla is very reminiscent of Mina, who is missing from the roster.
Sure you had some weird characters here and there but overall the rest of the characters were really good designs.

These days it seems like they are going out of their way to make some weird designs.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Outfit is decent but she looks cool overall.

Here's to more brown skinned characters in games in general.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
At least she has a muscular body to balance out the cheese. It would have been better if the sash covered her bottom instead of revealing her thong.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They said during the panel that while unarmed she can do something that no other character in the cast can do.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
As said in the other thread, why has SNK become worse at character designs? I remember back in the golden age they had some of the coolest character designs ever.
Fighting games don't sale that well in Japan, so they pursue the small market that like these type of designs. It is the reason why DLC for fighting games are so often a cute or sexy girl. Female otaku don't really care as they would rather have a new bishonen character than a unsexualize female character, and as for the casual adult market. It just doesn't exist, as except for nintendo games, it is heavily look down upon for anyone over the age of 18 to continue playing console videogames.