• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Samurai Shodown DLC character announcement set for New Game+ Expo

SNK will announce the final downloadable content character for Season 2 of Samurai Shodown during the New Game+ Expo live stream on June 23, the company teased.

samurai-shodown-dlc-caijym.jpg

ebfajjtuyae-ay86tkvb.png

thanks to TheAceBokuto for pointing this out in the OT.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
What??? Thats is wild. You would think if they were gonna get a ubisoft character it would be the prince, is the warden even a specific character?
Pretty cool nonetheless.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
That would be an even bigger waste of a character slot than Iroha, who was already one of the worst characters in SamSho history.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well that might have Cole beat for most pointless guest character in a fighter... with all the Samurai Shodown (or just SNK weapon related) characters that haven't been included in the game they go ahead and do this... not a fan of the choice. Here's hoping the rest of the season pass is better.

Jun 5, 2020
Disappointed about no Samurai Shodown Sen representation. Say what you want about the game but the character designs were top notch.

ZXKqZob.jpg

f8eNQC3.jpg

jFemv0u.jpg

VnnDMwY.jpg

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Personally was hoping for Sieger. And even though the silhouette fits the Warden, I have a hard time believing out of all the possible western IPs they could do a collaboration with they choose a nameless grunt. I like the medieval knight idea though.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Personally was hoping for Sieger. And even though the silhouette fits the Warden, I have a hard time believing out of all the possible western IPs they could do a collaboration with they choose a nameless grunt.
I mean, a nameless grunt ends up adding a unique flavor if it's the only character of that type in the game. For me it's always fun having "the generic faceless foot soldier guy" as an option in a cast of otherwise ridiculous over-the-top personalities. Their lack of character becomes their character.

Though here, the main issue is that this is a long-running series with many character options, and the faceless guy is from another game entirely.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if it is this character I would find it kinda lame, but interested in how this came about. The only connection I could find (once others started to point out the silhouette similarities on twitter) is that samsho characters appeared in the Ubisoft mobile game Might & Magic Elemental Guardians.
Well that might have Cole beat for most pointless guest character in a fighter... with all the Samurai Shodown (or just SNK weapon related) characters that haven't been included in the game they go ahead and do this... not a fan of the choice. Here's hoping the rest of the season pass is better.
Unless they add another character as a bonus like season 1, this is the last character of season 2. With KOFXV on the horizon, I doubt samsho gets another season.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if it is this character I would find it kinda lame, but interested in how this came about. The only connection I could find (once others started to point out the silhouette similarities on twitter) is that samsho characters appeared in the Ubisoft mobile game Might & Magic Elemental Guardians.

Unless they add another character as a bonus like season 1, this is the last character of season 2. With KOFXV on the horizon, I doubt samsho gets another season.
Oh... that's rather disappointing then. Well its just one character out of the roster, hardly that big of a deal but I think the spot could have probably gone to someone more deserving.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
As a daily FH player, this is not at all what I was expecting coming into this thread. Gonna be shoulder bashes for days.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I love this game. It's my second favorite fighting game this generation and Darli Dagger is one of my favorite fighting game characters of all time. I've fallen off of the game since season one, but I want to get back into it.

This character ain't gonna be the one to bring me back tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Sen, it could be Walter from Sen with a redesign but if your going to bring a character from Sen why the hell would you pick the generic knight.
EbFilNxXYAc6B8Y

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Warden from For Honor? Ngl that's kinda cool. Now Samsho players can experience the miserum as well. Incredibilis.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Warden is my FH main but I'm probably not going to redownload this laggy game that fuck all ppl play. Not much space on my HDD.

That's a really cool addition though.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
No major interest in For Honor, but I honestly kind of love it getting a guest in here (if it does turn out to be him).

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find the idea of a For Honour character being in this SNK fighting game to be completely laughable tbh

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The pose is similar (not 100%), but is there any other reason to believe it's that character? Any other hints?

It could be anybody wearing armour in a similar pose.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
That's interesting. It's a far cry from the old rumored guest character Baiken, but I guess that was just all bogus.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If it actually ends up being Warden that'd be super hype lol, and I only really play the samurais. I still stand by FH being the best FG this gen, even if it isn't traditional.

Plus, for people who care, I know there's probably a strong chance it won't be, but it could be another female character.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
the silhouette is a perfect match for that render. it doesn't just kinda look it.
They fit within the silhouette, the pose is exactly the same.
The silhouette is bigger and lumpier though, so it's not a perfect match. If it is meant to be this character though, they probably did this to obscure them a little (for people like me to doubt).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
They fit within the silhouette, the pose is exactly the same.
The silhouette is bigger and lumpier though, so it's not a perfect match. If it is meant to be this character though, they probably did this to obscure them a little (for people like me to doubt).

I feel that it's just because of the artstyle, because it won't be Ubisoft's actual render.

I think if it isn't Warden, then their artists were very inspired by the Warden art lol. Unless of course it's a complete fakeout.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCK, let's go!!

For Honor was one of my favorite "fighting games" when it came out. What a great pick

I find the idea of a For Honour character being in this SNK fighting game to be completely laughable tbh

SNK Heroines dug Skullomania out of the crates for Heroines so stranger things have happened.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Was sceptical at first if it would be Warden, but the comparison of the silhoutte with his official render leaves no doubt. I really liked For Honor and its uniqueness, so I gladly accept this character in a more traditional fighting game.

Another possibility could be that someone at SNKs art department is just a big For Honor fan and used Warden's silhouette as a placeholder thinking nobody would notice.

Edit: But still somehow a very strange and out of left field decision. (if it turns out to be true)

Oct 26, 2017
SNK Heroines dug Skullomania out of the crates for Heroines so stranger things have happened.

That was only because Terry Bogard was a guest in Fighting EX Layer. Skullomania being in SNK Heroines made sense in that regard.

Which, I mentioned this in the SamSho OT, but this guest being a For Honor character would be way out of left field considering most folks would expect a guest from Tekken, Soul Calibur or even the aforementioned Fighting EX Layer. That said, I don't dislike the idea of the character being a For Honor guest.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which, I mentioned this in the SamSho OT, but this guest being a For Honor character would be way out of left field considering most folks would expect a guest from Tekken, Soul Calibur or even the aforementioned Fighting EX Layer. That said, I don't dislike the idea of the character being a For Honor guest.

Characters from SAMURAI SHODOWN join the line-up to Ubisoft’s Might and Magic® Elemental Guardians! The collaboration event has begun from today!|NEWS RELEASE|SNK USA

Characters from SAMURAI SHODOWN join the line-up to Ubisoft’s Might and Magic® Elemental Guardians! The collaboration event has begun from today!|The official SNK USA website.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool for SNK I guess, but even if I wasn't expecting a third party character, if we got one I was at least hoping for one with some visual personality.

Like if they needed a generic knight type, Siegfried is right there, and there clearly has already been paperwork between SNK and Bamco before.

Oct 26, 2017

Characters from SAMURAI SHODOWN join the line-up to Ubisoft’s Might and Magic® Elemental Guardians! The collaboration event has begun from today!|NEWS RELEASE|SNK USA

Characters from SAMURAI SHODOWN join the line-up to Ubisoft’s Might and Magic® Elemental Guardians! The collaboration event has begun from today!|The official SNK USA website.

Ehhh, I find that connection tenuous at best. World Wrestling Entertainment was featured in the KOF mobile game, and I'm not expecting John Cena to be a guest character in KOF XV.

If the guest does turn out to be a For Honor character, I wouldn't say that mobile game tie-in was what lead to it.