• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Announced at Evo 2019, Shizumaru has been revealed as a surprise DLC character for Season 1 and will be free for everyone. This means that there will be a DLC character released for the game every month for the rest of 2019:

Season 2 of DLC has also been confirmed, the winner of the fan character poll Mina Majikina will be the first character:

A balance patch for the game is also coming soon:

EDIT: Three new stages confirmed in total so far (Rimururu, Kazuki and Shizumaru) and looks like they might be free for everyone:

New stages for Shizumaru and Kazuki, Rimururu also has one. I don't know if Basara and Wan-fu will get one.

y_5d47af1b00c26.jpg

z_5d47af1b0dad6.jpg

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Really glad to see SNK/Samsho doing well enough to give the game this much attention. Those EVO finals were awesome and I'm super excited for when the game drops on PC.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What game was Shizumaru even from? I can't remember that guy at all. Was he in Samurai Shodown Pocket?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they'll have guest characters. Obviously pretty much anyone from SC works.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Is all this content going to be in the cartidge of the Switch version?
They better be included in the upcoming Switch/PC versions because if not it's going to be weird of them to try selling 5-6 DLC characters right out of the gate.

Another solution would be a lowered price (say 40-30 €/$) out of the gate for those versions with a "special" edition including them at full price.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They better be included in the upcoming Switch/PC versions because if not it's going to be weird of them to try selling 5-6 DLC characters right out of the gate.

Another solution would be a lowered price (say 40-30 €/$) out of the gate for those versions with a "special" edition including them at full price.
Were not the first DLCs free if you bought the game Day 1 or something?

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Were not the first DLCs free if you bought the game Day 1 or something?
Yup, you're right. The Season 1 pass was free "for people who got the game before the 30th of June". Don't know how they enforced this but yeah they should do something similar-ish for the upcoming ports. Here's hoping now.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, you're right. The Season 1 pass was free "for people who got the game before the 30th of June". Don't know how they enforced this but yeah they should do something similar-ish for the upcoming ports. Here's hoping now.

I don't know whether this was a global thing, but you could download the season pass for free on PSN in the UK whether or not you had the game. A similar thing happened with Dizzy on GGXRD going back a few years ago

Nice incentive to eventually buy the game later on I guess.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

They did that exact thing with FighterZ so it's not unheard of.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see if I actually get the season pass dlcs. It still seems like I don't own/never claimed the season pass on Xbox even though I downloaded it the minute it went up on the Xbox Store.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Really glad to see SNK/Samsho doing well enough to give the game this much attention. Those EVO finals were awesome and I'm super excited for when the game drops on PC.

It was great to see SamSho at EVO but to say the finals were awesome is "meh." When 5 of the 8 players are Genjuro you know there is a balance problem. Luckily that looks to hopefully be rectified with this upcoming balance patch.

I am hoping next years top 8 will be more diverse and a lot more interesting to watch.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
SNK is going all in with this game and I love it. So glad to have SNK back in full force.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was great to see SamSho at EVO but to say the finals were awesome is "meh." When 5 of the 8 players are Genjuro you know there is a balance problem. Luckily that looks to hopefully be rectified with this upcoming balance patch.

I am hoping next years top 8 will be more diverse and a lot more interesting to watch.

Nope, the finals were awesome. It was an excellent showing for the game.

Tam Tam, Charlotte, Haohmaru, Galford and Genjuro were used with players from 5 countries in the top 8.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He is really popular in Japan and also the main character of one game so he is a great choice. One or two Last Blade characters for season 2 would be nice tho but I still want more samsho characters.

He was such a dweeb. No idea why he's popular in Japan, but oh well.

It'd be pretty cool if we could see Kaede in a new game, though. Even if he's basically Rock Howard with a sword.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
He was such a dweeb. No idea why he's popular in Japan, but oh well.

It'd be pretty cool if we could see Kaede in a new game, though. Even if he's basically Rock Howard with a sword.
Kaede and Hibiki are probably the characters that have more chance to appear again in a game if SNK doesn't reboot Last Blade so I think the same way. Having his non Rock Howard form as an additional skin would be nice too.

o24ynkV.jpg

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She breakes all the Samsho rules ;_;

Damn you to hell all you thirsty players.
The votes converged onto her in order to block Iroha, though.
In term of character, the lesser of two evils won... however, in terms of gameplay, I'm not sure how it will play out. Iroha was also game-breaking trash, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with a couple of balance patches. Mina is just broken by design.
The good thing is that we'll see how they resolve her ambiguous SS0 ending, so, there's that.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
So the game was updated on Xbox and now includes the 1st dlc character, a new stage and several other things.

Last edited:

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I'll take Mina over Iroha any day of the week, and I hate Mina.

Unfortunately, I've no doubt that Iroha will get in eventually.

Still, good on SNK for the awesome post-launch support.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Very happy to see we're now looking at a new character every month, got an extra one as a surprise and that there's a balance patch coming soon. Hopefully they properly address the concerns (ie: Buffing the few characters that just aren't viable at all).

Sure hope the PC and Switch ports come out sooner rather than later though, as there's been little to no news about both in some time now.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Whoo, Mina! Time to lame, baby. That said, can admit that I'm positive that thirst drove most of the votes rather than her being the only archer.

And I knew I was sure that I didn't see Shizumaru confirmed when they first announced the season. Pretty cool to make him free.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
This is great stuff. Honestly the balance is pretty good in this game for the initial release, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Genjuro nerfs and Kyoshiro buffs.