• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I don't pick up many games day one these days, but I am going to pick up a physical copy of this tomorrow. Always loved the Samurai Shodown series and this looks like a labour of love, graphics wise anyway.

I can live with it being light on SP content at the start for these graphics and online play.

(Need to pick up Mortal Kombat 11 too at some point. That looks like a cracker too.)

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
How do you even get in range of Earthquake when playing Darli? This is gonna be a real problem for my girl, until I learn some good tricks.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish this game kept the series' signature translation style...

106839-samurai-shodown-ii-neo-geo-screenshot-feels-the-power-of-haohmaru.png

1397456620494.png

AWAayPj.jpg

I'm looking forward to the ranking match nonetheless!
Uh the style lf the game looks a lot like the V Special character portraits.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Preordered this week's ago and have been playing SS2 steadily in anticipation. I haven't been this excited for a new Samurai Shodown since dropping stupid amounts of cash on the 3DO version way back when.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I am absolutely loving the game so far. I told myself I'd just play for an hour and go to bed, and now the sun is coming up...

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, anyone getting this for Xbox?
Really want to support the FGC on that platform if i can..

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
So, no idea yet how the season pass can be redeemed? If I get this tomorrow and play it on my roommate's PS4, is the season pass gonna go to him? Weird that they didn't include a code in the box or something like that.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We have any idea how good the ghost stuff is gonna be yet? Or is it still too early to tell.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Just curious, anyone getting this for Xbox?
Really want to support the FGC on that platform if i can..
Yup! Always on XB1 if it makes sense here.
How are the online features? Any rage quit penalty?
No idea on penalties yet. Online has a team battle mode that lets each chara in a team of up to 3 be controlled by unique players. If no others, one person can play all 3.
So, no idea yet how the season pass can be redeemed? If I get this tomorrow and play it on my roommate's PS4, is the season pass gonna go to him? Weird that they didn't include a code in the box or something like that.
Eh, fighting ex layer had options only accessible on psn through it's in game store link. Will likely be similar here too. I moreso wonder if it'll be handled the same on each platform.
We have any idea how good the ghost stuff is gonna be yet? Or is it still too early to tell.
Ghost need to learn, no real learning yet, so no.

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon finally informed me of when my copy will arrive. It'll come on the 26th, so Wednesday. A tad unfortunate, but that's fine. I guess that's why they discounted the game by $10, 'cause they weren't doing release day shipping.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon finally informed me of when my copy will arrive. It'll come on the 26th, so Wednesday. A tad unfortunate, but that's fine. I guess that's why they discounted the game by $10, 'cause they weren't doing release day shipping.
My copy still hasn't updated its shipping date but reading this gives me hope that it will be updated soon. I wonder why they dropped the ball with this game.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Excited for this new Samurai Showdown, but a bit worried about the PC population without Crossplay support. Blazblue Cross Tag, Soul Caliber, and other online fighter populations seem to depress sharply after launch on PC. Feels like it already happened for MK11's PC matchmaker. Wish more developers and publishers would seriously consider supporting crossplay for their competitive multiplayer titles... especially if utilizing Unreal Engine with the feature already included.

At least EVO will be super hype with this game in the line-up!

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, SNK must have done a REAL low print run for Xbox as it's already sold out at BestBuy (O__o)

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, it's looking like the DLC Character Pass is on EU PSN stores and you just add it to your account. Not sure if you "need" to have played the game to add it to your account...
Whoa, SNK must have done a REAL low print run for Xbox as it's already sold out at BestBuy (O__o)
I've been checking for the last month, but I don't think many stores even got copies for instore pickup. It's looking like Gamestop will be the only retailer stocking physical Xbox copies as Walmart doesn't even have same day pickup

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Grr, Canada here, just got a call from EB Games advising that they didn't really have any idea when my preordered copy will be in.

Seems like it'll be a small, poorly-communicated release. :(

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've had it since Friday, thanks to finding a local store that broke street date - I'm loving it. It's my first SamSho, but it gives me something that other FGs just... lack? Like, it's not better than others, but it's different and I love that. Very, very happy with it!

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeaaaaah...I think snk did a super low physical count. I haven't heard a peep from Amazon regarding the PS4 version I pre-ordered.

Edit: my copy of judgement shipped no prob

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
How are the online features? Any rage quit penalty?
My PS4 overheated during a match and shut down, when I got back to the game, I got a warning about penalties if I disconnected again !

From the main menu, access to your store and the Pass is there. With 2 retro skins, for Hao and Nakoruru.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
How's the netcode? Didn't see anyone talk about it on this page. Could have overlooked it though.

Not mine. From Sonic_sol's stream.

"The netcode for Samurai Shodown 7 is Delay based. Rollback Netcode is better but you can't blame SNK for that because netcode will not fix your crappy fisher price mega blocks connection. Before a match you can see the opponent's location and connection quality. You can press triangle to cancel the match before character selection if it is unfavorable."