• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game is preloaded and ready for tomorrow. Ow my wallet but game was so much fun when I got to play it at events and the demo's had me hooked.

Oct 25, 2017
Not mine. From Sonic_sol's stream.

"The netcode for Samurai Shodown 7 is Delay based. Rollback Netcode is better but you can't blame SNK for that because netcode will not fix your crappy fisher price mega blocks connection. Before a match you can see the opponent's location and connection quality. You can press triangle to cancel the match before character selection if it is unfavorable."
Ugh...delay based. Yeah I have a good connection, but that doesn't change anyone elses. Also delay based will mess with your timing. I dislike lag in rollback a lot more, but it doesn't fuck with my timing once I get a good connection again.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

"The netcode for Samurai Shodown 7 is Delay based. Rollback Netcode is better but you can't blame SNK for that because netcode will not fix your crappy fisher price mega blocks connection. Before a match you can see the opponent's location and connection quality. You can press triangle to cancel the match before character selection if it is unfavorable."

Indeed. I have actually run into some really abysmal matches in MK11. We all know how good that netcode is, so it just goes to show that there will always be limits to what a great netcode can do.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Preordered this week's ago and have been playing SS2 steadily in anticipation. I haven't been this excited for a new Samurai Shodown since dropping stupid amounts of cash on the 3DO version way back when.

That D-Pad was terrible. Unless you had those fightpads and not the standard Panasonic 3DO one.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Does the polygon Nakoruru costume only come with pre-order digital or do you still get it with the season pass?

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SNK did a great job with the new version of Banquet of Nature.

Remix of Nak's best theme, I love it.

As for PC, the delay is gonna hurt, but I think if the game lasts, it will do OK on PC. A lot of the Samsho playerbase is older, and prefers PC. (a lot of old SNK heads are PC due to emulation in the 2000s)- if the game dies out fast after EVO (I'm worried about SC and Samsho doing this, in which case I'd have nothing left to play and might as well quit fighters), it won't.

My gut says it will do fine.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
I liked what i played, mind you, i only finished the story mode with Genjuro.
Will play online tomorrow.

Some backgrounds suck so bad, The galeon is cool but the crew is ugly af

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As for PC, the delay is gonna hurt, but I think if the game lasts, it will do OK on PC. A lot of the Samsho playerbase is older, and prefers PC. (a lot of old SNK heads are PC due to emulation in the 2000s)- if the game dies out fast after EVO (I'm worried about SC and Samsho doing this, in which case I'd have nothing left to play and might as well quit fighters), it won't.

SNK has announced an official tournament series for SamSho, it will kick off in August and the finals will be in March (or so?) of 2020. KOFXIV is included too.

So the community will have an incentive to stick to the game after Evo.

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately the number of lobbies is laughable. I'll give the game a couple days to see if things change. If not, I'll put in for a refund.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP

I'm honestly not that optimistic about PC. I'd say KOF has more mainstream appeal and it still didn't too well in part because it was released ages after the PS4 version.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So it doesn't let me purchase the game on the Xbox store. Just says redeem code for some reason.

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are load times any better than PS4?
Negative. They are just as bad. What stinks is you get sent back to the lobby after the match and it's a race to select one of the two empty spots to play. It's like they forgot to implement a queue (King of the Hill) system. Also, you can't watch the match if you didn't select a spectator spot (because you were too busy trying play). This happens after each match. Terrible.

Last edited:

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Can't play much at the moment because of a recent hand surgery but what I can say is that I absolutely love the visuals, the style and the music of the game.

Taikeny

Oct 27, 2017
Had time to play before work this morning. Never played a samurai shodown before so i just checked the tutorial + practice mode with a couple of fighters. I like what i 'played' so far. Can't wait to dive back in later today

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The season pass is FREE to everyone in the EU shop.
You can download it even if you didn't buy/pre-order the game...

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I'd jumped in on this day zero if GGPO was included. I'm hopeful that in the future it'll get built in, kind of what they did with V Special recently.

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
The season pass is FREE to everyone in the EU shop.
You can download it even if you didn't buy/pre-order the game...
Good move from SNK then... People pre-ordered the game to get the season pass, afraid of what would be the way to redeem it (because it was weird from the announcement). In the end, they did the simplest move: give the season pass for free once the preorders are placed

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
I have to redact a statement from the other thread I made about the story boss - for characters that have a one hit hard slash the fight is managable (on easy at least). Characters like Yoshitora who rely on combos and multi-hit normals drew the short end of the stick however.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The new characters are pretty cool in this game. I really like Yashamaru.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Season Pass 1 is free on PSN. Is this a mistake?

Nope. It's free for week 1. I think in America you have to purchase the game week 1 to redeem it, but it's free for everyone in UK/presumably EU.

Capcom did a similar thing with SFV Arcade Edition, where America got some DLC for buying it, and they just made it free for everyone on the EU store for a few days.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America

"The netcode for Samurai Shodown 7 is Delay based. Rollback Netcode is better but you can't blame SNK for that"

The fuck? Yes I fucking can! No rollback is a fucking moronic decision that makes online play shitty and all the timings different than offline practice/tournaments/friendly VS. No rollback was already a moronic decision when SF4 came out. How did the game director allow this? What an incompetent.

And no word about crossplay between PC and PS4? One more nail in the online game's coffin.

Offline play looks great, which makes the above so much more painful and disappointing as a longstanding series fan who played all the good Samurai Shodowns.