• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And no word about crossplay between PC and PS4? One more nail in the online game's coffin.

Why doesn't MK11 have cross play? Tekken 7? Guilty Gear? Soul Calibur? Dragon Ball? And a shit ton more?

It would be a wonderful thing to have yes but let's not act like it's the norm for the genre. It's the complete opposite.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I'd jumped in on this day zero if GGPO was included. I'm hopeful that in the future it'll get built in, kind of what they did with V Special recently.

Well you better kill that hope right now because that refactoring can't be done with modern 3D games. Only with super-old, 3 or 4 gens removed games, like SS5, or SS2T, or whatever came out in 2D in the 90s/early 00s. Just like GGPO did.

The fuck up happened. It was gigantic and irreversible, and this game will suffer tremendously because of it. There is no way around this. Sorry to be a bummer.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Why doesn't MK11 have cross play? Tekken 7? Guilty Gear? Soul Calibur? Dragon Ball? And a shit ton more?
Yeah. What the fuck? Why don't they have cross play? Did their directors give a reason for that stupidity? Sony allows cross play with PC. Why are they not taking advantage of this? Because it's more work?

I'm frankly stunned by this horrid decision-making. As if fighting games didn't need all the help they can...

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
Well you better kill that hope right now because that refactoring can't be done with modern 3D games. Only with super-old, 3 or 4 gens removed games, like SS5, or SS2T, or whatever came out in 2D in the 90s/early 00s. Just like GGPO did.

The fuck up happened. It was gigantic and irreversible, and this game will suffer tremendously because of it. There is no way around this. Sorry to be a bummer.
:(

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. What the fuck? Why don't they have cross play? Did their directors give a reason for that stupidity? Sony allows cross play with PC. Why are they not taking advantage of this? Because it's more work?

I'm frankly stunned by this horrid decision-making. As if fighting games didn't need all the help they can...
"Sony allows cross play with PC"
Bless your heart.

?
Look up MKX -> MKXL

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Negative. They are just as bad. What stinks is you get sent back to the lobby after the match and it's a race to select one of the two empty spots to play. It's like they forgot to implement a queue (King of the Hill) system. Also, you can't watch the match if you didn't select a spectator spot (because you were too busy trying play). This happens after each match. Terrible.
I can't believe this keep happening this generation. Nobody is testing those things before relase and no lesson is learned frome previous fighters ?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, Wan-fu? Legit surprised. I prefer Sogetsu but I'll take the lesser Kazama I guess.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who loves fighting games but isn't exactly... great. I'd say adequately mediocre... would I like this?

Did not play previous ones.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I'd take Seiger 1000 times before Wan-fu, lol. Interesting pass! Our little lady is first, then a bunch of different dudes. Balanced VS our newcomers being mostly female, I guess.

The PSN blog shows rge full art / model for each, btw.

I had my times enjoying Basara, and my brother quite liked Kazuki. Wan-Fu with SLAB is a solid twist. Definitely looking forward to seeing how they all adapt to the new game!

Numb

Oct 25, 2017

Being big like Fortnite and Rocket League would force Sony and the rest to stop the nonsense because of backlash

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
So as someone who loves fighting games but isn't exactly... great. I'd say adequately mediocre... would I like this?

Did not play previous ones.
I can only say maybe ..lol. It has no long and difficult combos or anything like that.it's a very fundamental , footise (neutral) based game. It's almost 100% making reads , punishing mistakes (quite heavily I might add) getting into your opponents head , that sort of thing . Execution isn't much of a barrier hopefully. Just please please please please do not play this like Street Fighter (or any other 2d fighting game for that matter) because you can be on the receiving end of a 2 hit combo that'll do 40% damage..

Also I hope you like playing online with friends or others because if the CPU is anything like the older games..hooolllyyyy shhheeeitt is it cheesy ..

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
A season pass where the developer not only tells people who's in it, but even when to expect them, following a regular schedule instead of varying how many months between each one? What a novel concept, one which Project Soul apparently found entirely too difficult to apply to their own weapons-based fighter.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about relative skill level, the easier thing to do would be to list off fighting games that you've played and enjoyed the most.

Played
-----------
MK9, X, 11
Injustice 1/2
SF5 (and a bit of 4)
Tekken 6/7
Soul Calibur Series
DOA5/6
Guilty Gear Xrd
DBZF
Blazblue Cross Tag

if I had to say the ones I enjoyed the most. At least as of recent?

MK11
Tekken 7
SC6
DOA6
DBZF

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So this game focuses more on the neutral game and less on combos, right? I could never get my combos down, so this might be the game for me.

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Repeating from the Season Pass thread...

I want Pass 2 to be Gen-An, Ihora, Kusaregedo, and Sogetsu. Beauties and Beasts!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
LOL why I must connect on my account to verify my age on Samsho trailers but I don't need to do that for Mortal Kombat fatalities videos ?

Aug 26, 2018
日本
LOL why I must connect on my account to verify my age on Samsho trailers but I don't need to do that for Mortal Kombat fatalities videos ?
Pretty sure that the uploader decides on whether to age-gate it. Unless it gets reported and then YouTube might forcibly do it.

Also, a lot of MK videos use D'Vorah as the opponent (blue blood) so it doesn't trigger a violence bot. lol

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I buy this game?

When I try to add it to my cart, I get "You are not eligible to purchase and download this content" .

???

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to try, but no way based on that netcode design

Like, I wanna buy it but I just have to opt out. Delay based netcode is garbage and it seems these awesome niche Japanese fighting games aren't popular enough for these devs to give a damn to implement something better. I just can't believe the incompetence. Do they not ever try online themselves? Are they fine with making online vs offline massively different games?

Do fucking better.