• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not talking about me playing Shiki, but basically every Shiki player I encounter make her seem unsafe as hell with everything she presses.

On one hand, everybody is unsafe as hell. On the other hand, Shiki seems kinda butt. I think it's more to do with her range than safety.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's day 1 character balance.

Pretty much the entire cast of KOFXIV got overhauled for the better after launch.

Just give it time, the same thing will happen with SamSho.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's day 1 character balance.

Pretty much the entire cast of KOFXIV got overhauled for the better after launch.

Just give it time, the same thing will happen with SamSho.

Isn't that how Samurai Shodown 5 was too? I heard the balance was super bad, I've only played SS5 Special, but one thing that game did was improve the balance dramatically. I don't think they'll need to release a new version to accomplish that this time.

On a side note, I never really got into Hanzo in the past but watching some tournaments and watching people play Hanzo has really got me interested, they fulfilled that ninja fantasy pretty well with him and all the little tools he has and the teleporting and wall jumping.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played the new game yet, but does anyone find it weird that the scaling in the new 3D title has been reduced to almost none? The screen will scale a bit, but nothing like the old games. It was one of the most eye catching features of the original SamSho game. It also feels weird that the ref is not in the background with the flags. What the hell, man?

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
I love that I've played over 150 casual matches and the game does not keep a single stat for me. My most used characters are still the defaults.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Nah, I mean I'll run it back 10 times or more til it's time to quit. It's terrible for my win/loss record when I'm playing a Master Swordsman Genjuro, but I'm having fun and getting experience.
That's what I do. What rank are you bro? What points range are you in? If you dont mind saying... I ran into my first troll yesterday.. guy seemed like he was weak and let me win 3-4 matches easily and turned up at match 5-7 and I lost like 600 points and he dipped lol

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I do. What rank are you bro? What points range are you in? If you dont mind saying... I ran into my first troll yesterday.. guy seemed like he was weak and let me win 3-4 matches easily and turned up at match 5-7 and I lost like 600 points and he dipped lol
I've had matches go like that and I am bad lol. The players where they've crushed me but I've come back leaned on one tendency too much which took me a bit to learn how to exploit.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Bought it this morning and tried it out a tiny bit before work

I'm digging it and I can't wait to actually learn it. I'm gonna be juggling this with MK11 so it's an amazing change of pace. I'll probably hop online in a week or two once I'm familiar enough with the mechanics and find a character I jive with.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it this morning and tried it out a tiny bit before work

I'm digging it and I can't wait to actually learn it. I'm gonna be juggling this with MK11 so it's an amazing change of pace. I'll probably hop online in a week or two once I'm familiar enough with the mechanics and find a character I jive with.
Genjuro seems to be far ahead of everyone.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
The UI design for casual lobbies really is a masterclass in cluelessness, isn't? After trying to figure out what was going on and not being able to get in game, I had to look up how the thing worked. Apparently it's not winner stays on automatically, but each new match one of the two players has to choose to give up their spot. This means you might not get to play.

There is a spectator mode, but you have to 'pick a seat' to watch a match, assuming that then players haven't readied up, meaning there's no seat to pick. And of the ten seats for spectators, two are reserved for the people playing. Also for some fucking reason one of the players is called ' Captain'.

Is that right? Even after reading about it, I couldn't understand it.

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
The UI design for casual lobbies really is a masterclass in cluelessness, isn't? After trying to figure out what was going on and not being able to get in game, I had to look up how the thing worked. Apparently it's not winner stays on automatically, but each new match one of the two players has to choose to give up their spot. This means you might not get to play.

There is a spectator mode, but you have to 'pick a seat' to watch a match, assuming that then players haven't readied up, meaning there's no seat to pick. And of the ten seats for spectators, two are reserved for the people playing. Also for some fucking reason one of the players is called ' Captain'.

Is that right? Even after reading about it, I couldn't understand it.

It seems broken at the moment. Right now it just dumps everyone out of their seats after each match, including spectators. I've tried pressing buttons as winner, loser or spectator during that countdown after a match and nothing happens.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else change the button mappings to classic SNK arcade? So X=A, []=B, /\=C, R1=D. Plays muuch better that way IMO. Other than occasionally accidentally throwing out dodges instead of throws.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
That patch was a massive fix. I havent had barley any lag in comparison to pre patch.

I reached Brown Belt but feel locked as a middle of the line player. I cant beat those with WR above 55 percent but usually always beat those below 50.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Even playing against Jp players feels good, from France. The netcode got buffed !

I got my first ragequit today, a Hanzo who didn't take well when I dropped the sword and finished him with my fists.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Struggling with the mechanics of this, but I'm really digging it a lot. I'm like 1-10 in ranked and I haven't been able to get too many casual matches in.

Been using Charlotte thus far due to her zoning but I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with her.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Struggling with the mechanics of this, but I'm really digging it a lot. I'm like 1-10 in ranked and I haven't been able to get too many casual matches in.

Been using Charlotte thus far due to her zoning but I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with her.
Go with Genjuro. He'll helo you get wins. I use his nerfed version Hao.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
VS Fighting Top 8 was great, Haoh mirrors YEAAAAAAAA

DTN Top 8 has less Genjuro's but hardly any defensive techniques and people messing up SSMs a lot

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading that the last patch supposedly improved the netcode. Is this true?

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading that the last patch supposedly improved the netcode. Is this true?
Yeah

• Fixed an issue where Ranked matchmaking would have trouble finding opponents.
  • Fixed an issue which was causing lag to occur more easily in online matches.
  • Fixed other minor issues relating to online modes.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah

• Fixed an issue where Ranked matchmaking would have trouble finding opponents.
  • Fixed an issue which was causing lag to occur more easily in online matches.
  • Fixed other minor issues relating to online modes.

I guess I was more curious about people's anecdotal experience. Does it generally feel better most of the time, or does it just lessen the really bad instances?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I was more curious about people's anecdotal experience. Does it generally feel better most of the time, or does it just lessen the really bad instances?
1000 percent improvement. Haven't had a very bad match since. I'm in Canada playing matches vs people in France or AUS for example. The patch saved the game for me.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
1000 percent improvement. Haven't had a very bad match since. I'm in Canada playing matches vs people in France or AUS for example. The patch saved the game for me.

Interesting, thanks.

Might have to pick it up when the first sale happens. Hopefully around Evo.

Any idea how if the Xbox version has any sort of online player base? I imagine the vast majority is on PS4, but I could get it cheaper on Xbox with rewards credit and the res is a bit higher.