• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
How do you do Shiki's combo desperation move type thing, not her super?

This game has really nice graphics, but I hate the fucking menus. The UI is fucking garbage, unbelievable.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SamSho getting a dedicated stream all day on Friday and for half the day on Saturday till it finishes:

Pizzarella

Jun 1, 2019
EVO hs 4 hours slotted for top 8. They prepping for full turtle jwong.
Well if EVO is like other tournaments so far, I'd expect Samsho to take up only half of that time, due to the number of Genjuros chopping lifebars down. I fully expect 7 genjuros and Justin's TamTam as the top 8 since Genjuro is by far the most popular tournament character.

Apparently, there was a japanese tournament that had 6 genjuros in top 8 lol. Off the top of my head I know Poongko, Infiltration, Kazunoko, and Momochi play him, and i'm sure there are plenty more I don't know about.

But it's EVO so it should be fun to watch regardless.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for Jubei to counter the boss's attacks?

I also am not sure if his L, M, and H counters are direction based.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Well if EVO is like other tournaments so far, I'd expect Samsho to take up only half of that time, due to the number of Genjuros chopping lifebars down. I fully expect 7 genjuros and Justin's TamTam as the top 8 since Genjuro is by far the most popular tournament character.

Apparently, there was a japanese tournament that had 6 genjuros in top 8 lol. Off the top of my head I know Poongko, Infiltration, Kazunoko, and Momochi play him, and i'm sure there are plenty more I don't know about.

But it's EVO so it should be fun to watch regardless.

I watched that tourny, haha.

I mean, if it's like 6-7 Genjuros. hmm, idk. We shall see. Will probably be good either way, heh.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I finally picked this up yesterday for the Xbox and wow, this is the first fighting game in a while that I'm actually excited to learn how to play

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
shit....been queued for rank for about 5 minutes now.... I hope Evo sells some more copies of this game.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Wow just watched the evo finals: infiltration was a murderer with genjiro. He was playing him defensive and just keep poking, then he switched to an aggressive approach. Amazing!

Still i hope genjiro gets nerfed, he just got too many tools at his disposal.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm catching up with the VOD

INFILTRATION-ZJZ

giphy.gif

SFV Top is kinda boring

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Evo was an excellent showing for the game, fantastic top 8.

Kazunoko's parries were nuts:

Wow just watched the evo finals: infiltration was a murderer with genjiro. He was playing him defensive and just keep poking, then he switched to an aggressive approach. Amazing!

What I found most impressive about Infiltration's play was how damn good he was at getting his weapon back after getting disarmed.

Over 95% of the time people crack when disarmed but he was able to get his weapon back quick with minimal damage taken almost every time.

It was also awesome seeing how his play style forced other players to adjust their's. Both ZJZ and Kaz played very differently later in their matches compared to how they started when playing him.

I'm catching up with the VOD

INFILTRATION-ZJZ

Oct 26, 2017
Shizumaru being free DLC? The remaining DLC coming out this year? Plus a SEASON 2 WITH FOUR MORE CHARACTERS?!

Good shit, good shit. Can't wait for more SamSho!

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully I get Kusaregedo. That's all I want. Genan Shiranui would then make it a perfect game for me. (I wanted Shizumaru too, so we're almost there!)

I kind of want Gedo too, if only for the fact that SNK will actually give him motions that aren't stupid in this SamSho.

That said, I'll take Gaira over Gedo if SamSho still has no true grappler.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to buy the season pass later. I might also have found a place in London to play against people regularly. I hope that the SC crossover gets more people interested in SamSho. Maybe it's too soon, but I've not seen a boost in online player acounts based on getting ranked matches.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
WTF I totally missed whatever was just announced lol.
The season pass will start this August, then September Shizumaru will be free to everyone, then each month (for the remainder of 2019) the remaining DLC characters for Season 1 will release. Then in 2020 there will be a Season 2 with 4 characters. And they mentioned they're working on The King of Fighters XV.

Oct 26, 2017
I think Amakusa is a lock for S2. The other two could be anybody. Maybe an older SamSho rep in Sieger/Gen-An, maybe a newer rep in someone like Sogetsu, or even a brand new character.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I think Amakusa is a lock for S2. The other two could be anybody. Maybe an older SamSho ref in Sieger/Gen-An, maybe a newer rep in someone like Sogetsu, or even a brand new character.
You know they'll put Genan in. The game looks like he'd fit perfectly. I could say the same thing for Kusaregedo who I'd prefer, obviously. I'm hoping they'll reconsider and do 6 characters instead of 4 for Season 2.

The video doesn't explicitly indicate a number. Seems it'll be at least 4 with the door left open on the possibility of more. The last silhouette fades a little.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Kazuki's fire explosion "DM" looks NICE in that trailer. Shizumaru has quite the innocent, cute boy face. And he's universally free? Unexpected, and fantastic. S1 pushed up, S2 announced, MiiinaMina... nice to have expectations exceeded.

Alongside Haou, I'm actually looki g forward to a potential guest during S2.

All the new stages look GREAT too.

So much ample time for patches and stuff too. And new stuff like Rimu's slipping mechanic. That's so much NEW coming to the game so consistently...

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amakusa only gets in if they disregard canon, OR they add a second story mode to cover all of SS1 (which, after all... has the same name as this game).
I think Gen-an and Sougetsu are the most likely. Then either Rera, Sieger, Chamcham or Amakusa. I don't see Iroha coming, at least not yet.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
What console are you on? I'm curious about the Xbox community.

PS4 but it was pretty early for my area and I have everything set to max bars and close rank and all that. After that first match, I did start to find some faster afterwards. like only 2 minutes, strangely all little girls but one Haomaru.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Am I missing something? All the other FGC announce is in main game discussion ATM but SNK giving away a free character and throttling all S1 DLC + confirming a S2 with a fan fav, isn't there at all? Hmmm...

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 but it was pretty early for my area and I have everything set to max bars and close rank and all that. After that first match, I did start to find some faster afterwards. like only 2 minutes, strangely all little girls but one Haomaru.

I leave matchmaking to everyone on any connection and can still end up with good games. The connection level shown doesnt always match up with the experience, so give ir a go.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Were the load times ever fixed in the PS4 Pro version? Kinda want to grab this but the long load times are scaring me off.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone wants it slightly cheaper (digital) it's on sale for $50.99 on PSN until tomorrow at 11AM.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
still catching up with evo matches. Not rally hyped for any season pass fighter but i'll try them all ofc. Kinda got everyone i want with the base game, lol.