• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
New stages for Shizumaru and Kazuki, Rimururu also has one. I don't know if Basara and Wan-fu will get one.

y_5d47af1b00c26.jpg

z_5d47af1b0dad6.jpg

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Both the stages look great.

Was the stage on which Wan-Fu did his super during the trailer new or an existing one (Tam Tam?)?

Wonder if the stages will be free for everyone ala KOFXIV or if they will come bundled with the characters.
I'm pretty sure he was in the Tam Tam stage and Basara was in the Yashamaru one.

I think the stages are free for everyone, the game just updated with Rimururu and I can't select her yet (maybe she's locked until tomorrow) but I can already play on her stage.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure he was in the Tam Tam stage and Basara was in the Yashamaru one.

I think the stages a free for everyone, the game just updated with Rimururu and I can't select her yet (maybe she's locked until tomorrow) but I can already play on her stage.

Thanks!

Yeah if the stages are free then I can see not having each of the new characters getting a stage.

From what little I saw of Rimururu on twitter it looks like she might have a Haohmaru level running A.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I noticed a lot of players with less than 100 games under their belt online last night. I think Evo gave the game a real boost. (some of them might not come back after I took advantage of them not knowing Darli tho)

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Just downloaded the patch, but have to go to bed now. Any infos on what they improved about matchmaking?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017

I think the stages are free for everyone, the game just updated with Rimururu and I can't select her yet (maybe she's locked until tomorrow) but I can already play on her stage.
Press R1 to go to DLC character menu on character select screen.

Nevermind, it doesn't work yet.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that's Rimu. Smiling psychopath.
I don't remember her having that little fur cape before? It's very cute, I like it.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
Her pointing excitedly at the giant ice block she summons in her super is very good.

So can Haohmaru dragon punch when deflected like Genjuro or no, if not, that's real dumb.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Training mode vids of Rimururu have started popping up on twitter, guessing she's playable now.

Also:

Pizzarella

Jun 1, 2019
Her pointing excitedly at the giant ice block she summons in her super is very good.

So can Haohmaru dragon punch when deflected like Genjuro or no, if not, that's real dumb.
Hao can. I'd actually be ok with it if it was a more universal option since it gives people a reason to throw out heavy slashes outside of hard punishes.

The main problem is that when the only characters who have invulnerable moves that will reach recoiled opponents are already strong, it feels like top tier privilege.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Played some matches today, I thought the netcode was decent. I've been playing too much Mortal Kombat 11 apparently because I keep trying to block with R2 and my hcb x2 motions aren't coming out with Hanzo. Then again I'm playing on pad. This game is really nice to look at, I just wish the menus weren't such garbage.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
The new stage is pretty, even if I'm just a little bit disappointed that blood doesn't stain the snow persistently.

Played some matches today, I thought the netcode was decent. I've been playing too much Mortal Kombat 11 apparently because I keep trying to block with R2 and my hcb x2 motions aren't coming out with Hanzo. Then again I'm playing on pad. This game is really nice to look at, I just wish the menus weren't such garbage.

MK11 kinda messed me up too, not with blocking, but with inputs. You have to do them just a tiny bit slower than MK, or things just don't come out.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
The new stage is pretty, even if I'm just a little bit disappointed that blood doesn't stain the snow persistently.

MK11 kinda messed me up too, not with blocking, but with inputs. You have to do them just a tiny bit slower than MK, or things just don't come out.
I guess this is the price to pay for two really nice fighting games being released in a small time frame. I've watched the sfv trailers a few times as well as the Tekken trailers and I just don't see myself playing either of those games again. It makes me sad, but I realize I just like certain stuff.

I've not bought dragon Ball season 2 and I doubt I'll feel compelled to do so, I guess it just is what it is. I'm not entirely sure why I dig Samurai Spirits (Shodown) so much, I think maybe since it looks like sfiv, but I didn't actually like sfiv (gameplay). I really like how it looked so that must be it. I guess I liked how sfiv looked, but I didn't like the game that it was.

So this is filling that void. I sucked at sfiv by the way, but I have the best version for PS4 (bonus for preorders of 30th anniversary). I really love Samurai Spirits though. I have a fucking Kusaregedo tattoo for fucks sake. I really want the game to do well to be honest. If it doesn't, I doubt I'll get my main.

I haven't gotten too attached to the characters released so far, but we shall see. I'll keep bugging the community manager as well as the other SNK staff. I realize they're running a business and trying to please their biggest fans, but I need my fucking main. Give him to me you mother fuckers!

In case y'all are reading this, look at my fucking avatar for the last 3 years, it's fucking KUSAREGEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried it out myself, too. She appears on the character select screen, but when you want to select her, it says I have to purchase her first (I have the season pass). So yeah, I guess she won't be available until tomorrow when she's up for individual purchases as well as unlocks for season pass owners.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
After almost one month? off of Samurai shodown I just played again today. Netcode seems much much better! Especially while playing against people from Asia and usa. (I am from Europe) Sadly there is still only one slot in the casual fighting mode. SNK just wants us to play ranked matches...

But damn, i was getting destroyed in the online mode. From 20 fights i only won one. Maybe i am just bad, but the last time (shortly after the release) I was playing my win/lose ratio was pretty average, now I feel there are only the experts left and everbody else left the game, just like in every, not sooo popular, fighting game.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I did. I even checked my purchases list and it's there
Yes but the store listing was broken. It was listed as a game bundle in the game category of the store. It was later delisted and relisted for 20 dollars in the add on category.

If you check the new store listing you can see that Rimururu is included but if you check the old store listing there's only the retro skin.

A few people complained about it on Twitter weeks ago but I haven't seen any response from SNK.

It seems It's still broken.

I also can't download the dlc or the season pass. The store always says that I need to pay 20 dollars.

Old (free) store listing. It even says "you own this game"
New store listing:

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think Sam Sho is making a more patient fighting game player. I mainly play SF, but I've been daily with Sam Sho since it's come out.

I've been getting my ass beat in Sam Sho, with a 40% win rate. Most nights I'm going long sets with better players and I'll wind up with my last 10 matches looking like 2-8.

But my win rate in SFV has gone from under 50% to 70% since Sam Sho's release.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but the store listing was broken. It was listed as a game bundle in the game category of the store. It was later delisted and relisted for 20 dollars in the add on category.

If you check the new store listing you can see that Rimururu is included but if you check the old store listing there's only the retro skin.

A few people complained about it on Twitter weeks ago but I haven't seen any response from SNK.

It seems It's still broken.

I also can't download the dlc or the season pass. The store always says that I need to pay 20 dollars.

Old (free) store listing. It even says "you own this game"
New store listing:

I don't know which season pass I downloaded. I'm contacting Microsoft Support to see if they can fix it for me.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
As a complete beginner to the series, if I were to pick this up on PS4 now would I be able to easily find matches with people around my level? I don't hear much talk about it so I'm worried the online population is low but the game looks like a lot of fun.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As a complete beginner to the series, if I were to pick this up on PS4 now would I be able to easily find matches with people around my level? I don't hear much talk about it so I'm worried the online population is low but the game looks like a lot of fun.

The game just came out. Evo hype has more people on than ever. There's plenty of players playing it. There will be plenty of players plus one more when you buy it.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017

Im in the UK. When I search for a ranked match - all regions, any speed - I"ll find one within a minute or two. Might take a few triies as you can try to join a match only to be told its taken. Not always great connections, but they"re there.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Pushed Yashamaru out of my diet and now I'm a full time Darli main. All of her B inputs are just so good to combat with rn.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Rimururu also got a low poly model.

9aKe60a.png

For the people that are having problems with the season pass on Xbox:

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
The game just came out. Evo hype has more people on than ever. There's plenty of players playing it. There will be plenty of players plus one more when you buy it.
Im in the UK. When I search for a ranked match - all regions, any speed - I"ll find one within a minute or two. Might take a few triies as you can try to join a match only to be told its taken. Not always great connections, but they"re there.
Thanks! I'll probably pull the trigger then.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! I'll probably pull the trigger then.

It seems to find matches faster if I look for them by hand, rather than if I leave matchmaking on and I go into training mode or something. Also the casual lobby is very weird. The winner doesn't stay on by default. Instead both players leave the match and you have to choose to fight by going into one of the 'captain' slots.

If you want to spectate, select one of the squares beneath the two captain slots. You have to do this before the captains start fighting.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to find matches faster if I look for them by hand, rather than if I leave matchmaking on and I go into training mode or something. Also the casual lobby is very weird. The winner doesn't stay on by default. Instead both players leave the match and you have to choose to fight by going into one of the 'captain' slots.

If you want to spectate, select one of the squares beneath the two captain slots. You have to do this before the captains start fighting.
Hmm that's weird. So I can select one of the squares and when my turn is up I just have to manually select to fight? Is it like a race to see who chooses to fight first or will it just hold my spot until I confirm to fight? One of my favorite things in fighting games is using the lobby system to spectate fights before I match up.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm that's weird. So I can select one of the squares and when my turn is up I just have to manually select to fight? Is it like a race to see who chooses to fight first or will it just hold my spot until I confirm to fight? One of my favorite things in fighting games is using the lobby system to spectate fights before I match up.

I think it's kind of a race. I think you might even have to manually select to step back if you lose a round, the choose to fight when its your turn again.

It makes sense in real life where you'll swap seats and crowd around a monitor, but little sense in an online gsme hwere you wonkt speak to people beforehand or selfish players may want to stay on.

Also, the gamerpic of a player might change as people move from the fighting to spectating. This means it can be hard to gauge who's going next based on the icons on the screen. Instead, look for a small red dot with a number on it on each player and I think that's a number assigned when they join the room.

Honestly, the whole UI is just awful.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Ok so I was messing around with Rimururururururururu with friends for a solid 10 hours or so earlier and she's got some really interesting tech, definitely think I'll be maining her. Seems really strong in the corner with her ice puddles/platforms

My only big gripe is that her delayed ice mirror thingy doesn't do a 2nd hit if the initial smaller circle hits or gets blocked, I guess they thought that would be too powerful if both hits worked? Not sure how she worked in other games

Other than that it's just getting used to her range since I was playing Charlotte before lol

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Had fun trying out Rimururu yesterday. She has some neat tech. But man do I suck with her. Ok, to be fair, I do suck at the game in general, haha. Trapping someone in the corner with the ice is quite fun. Felt a bit weird going back to Charlotte again afterwards, because she's so fast and nimble in comparison. In general I need to learn to be more patient in this game. I could be way more successful if would bait and punish moves more often and also do better spacing. Game's a blast though. I hope the playerbase stays healthy.