• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
The ghost feature is interesting. Still not seeing it on the Playstation Store

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The AI stuff could be interesting.

I really wish this game was releasing on all platforms at the same time.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The season pass stuff says any physical retailer, but I'm wondering how you get the code in that case?

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
The Ghost idea is neat, specially if it works as intended. Also the idea of the Season Pass being free for the first 5 days is awesome! What a great way to incentivize Pre-Orders!

Hmm... small thing I notice in the trailer, they say this is a Pre-equel to the first SamSho, I was expecting this to be a retelling instead. But Shiki is now in this game, I wonder how they will implement her story if this is a Pre-equel.

But most importantly... where is my Demo SNK!? I need to train for EVO >_<

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I hope Im not making a mistake in waiting for the PC version. I really dont feel like paying for psn.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So theyre doing Killer Instincts shadows. Cool.

Game looks good. Shame the netcode will probably be trash.

Deadlast

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, you get the Season pass to. Any purchases, Physical or Digital, before June 30 will get the Season Pass free.

That is based on the small text in the end.
Thanks... This series has a special place in my heart and has lots of my childhood quarters. :)

Next question, when will I be able to purchase it on PSN?

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Finally a meaty trailer! It looks really good and the Ghost Mode sounds pretty interesting.
I wish it released on Steam the same day though...

OP
OP
Silky

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Never played KI. Can you elaborate on this?
Shadows Mode in KI has a setup where you fight an AI three times to make a shadow. As you play other matches you can upload the data on how you played to improve your shadow character, pull Shadows from other fighters to practice against, and use those Shadows in the single player mode Shadow Wars -- an XCOM-like single player component.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, the free Season Pass really shoots this up my "to-buy" list. That's a really good pre order incentive and more games should follow suit.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get that free season pass for the switch release too please?

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Is it wrong of me to think that SamShow 2019 trailers are some of the best Fighting Game Trailers to be released as of late? Their synchronization with the music, sound and style are just bleeding awesomeness to me.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
The Yoshitora disarm was amazing with him losing his bundle of swords. Prob gonna main him or the new ninja character, or maybe Hanzo. The free season pass is a nice gesture from SNK.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I was about to comment on how they started the hype train for this game too early, and now I have to wait until the end of June for it. But I now see that the PC version won't be out until much later. That sucks.

Anyway, the music in this game sounds like it'll be really good.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
wouldn't it be better to get it on ps4 when it drops and just wait for a price you're comfortable with on pc? versus not playing at all?

I dont really want to pay for the privilege to play online, Im fine with waiting. If theres no offer of free season pass on pc though I might as well buy it on ps4 since that money difference can be put on the psn fee (to play with friends online).

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I wouldn't be surprised if Switch and PC don't get a free season pass period :(

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
First time I'm seeing a season pass being given as a pre-order bonus. Normally we get a character that's already done and that's going to be sold as DLC day one if we don't pre-order the game.

It's really nice to get an actual bonus as an earlier adopter instead of seeing people buy the complete/gold edition of the game a month later for less than you paid at launch.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
What's in the Season Pass?

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...25th__Season_Pass_Free_For_Early_Adopters.php

"SNK and Athlon Games are also proud to announce that players who pre-order or buy the game on PSN, Xbox Live or any physical retailer will be able to download the Season Pass absolutely free through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live up until June 30th. Regional restrictions may apply.

"We're extremely excited to finally confirm that June 25 th will see the much anticipated return of Samurai Shodown - one of the founding figures of the fighting genre," said Koichi Toyama, Company President at SNK. "As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise instalments, we're pleased to offer the first 6 months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game's season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters."

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love how SNK is giving you options for this thing.

Like, I want this in physical copy but I was afraid of missing out the free theme. But then I realized that they are actually selling it out for 2 dollars, so I will buy this physical and get the theme.

I wish that they included the collector edition that they released in Japan