• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In previous entries yhe special moves were your typical inputs but the supers were not that easy for casuals. They were the typical snk shenanigans. Dont know fir this game though.

Samurai Shodown V Special had universal easy inputs for supers:

WFT - QCF+CD
Fatality - QCB+CD
Issen - B+C+D

The new SamSho also has universal inputs:

WFT - QCF+BC
Special Super - fwd, HCF C+D
Issen - A+B+C

Last edited:

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sad about the pc version delay, I would've bought day 1 preorder available :(

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Samurai Shodown V Special had universal easy inputs for supers:

WFT - QCF+CD
Fatality - QCB+CD
Issen - B+C+D

The new SamSho also has universal inputs:

WFT - QCF+BC
Special Super - fwd, HCF C+D
Issen - A+B+C
what's wft?
and how do you do the burst thing that you need to activate for issen attack?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's wft?
and how do you do the burst thing that you need to activate for issen attack?

Weapon Flipping Technique, it's the super you can do after the rage meter fills up. It's called that because it flips the opponent's weapon (disarms) on contact.

Rage Explosion is done via A+B+C, same input as the Issen.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Weapon Flipping Technique, it's the super you can do after the rage meter fills up. It's called that because it flips the opponent's weapon (disarms) on contact.

Rage Explosion is done via A+B+C, same input as the Issen.
oh so the special super you listed is the 1 time per game super?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
For reference

25_samshocontrols01.jpg

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only 4 days after Crash...

Speaking of, why is this releasing on a Saturday?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So technically Issen is base on how much rage meter you have after Rage Explosion? Like the longer you let the meter burn out the less your Issen does?

Nope, it's based on how much health you have.

Like here you can see that Wu has plenty of rage meter left but Issen still does big damage because she has low health:

bg61P9L.gif

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
The Ghost AI features seems nice although it's not new..

i remember tekken dark resurrection on the PSP had that feature.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, it's based on how much health you have.
i'm pretty sure issen damage is based on the gauge, not your life
that's what the commentator said on the babamikado video

combo proration probably affects it as well, like if you do it after a normal throw i'm quite sure it counts as a combo and damage will be reduced

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
On the PSN Store, there's a description for this:

"3D Display with compatible 3D glasses (sold separately) required for 3D features."

3D????

Nov 18, 2017
Wow ive been asking for this Season Pass method since they started, reward early adopters instead of punishing them, top stuff.

This game was already day 1 for me but damn its good to have the real SNK back

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My bad
Got it confused with Last Blade.

It's cool and yeah LB had the more traditional SNK motions.

i'm pretty sure issen damage is based on the gauge, not your life
that's what the commentator said on the babamikado video

combo proration probably affects it as well, like if you do it after a normal throw i'm quite sure it counts as a combo and damage will be reduced

Yeah throw reduces the damage of all supers by a lot, which is why the weapon flipping super is probably the best super to get out of it.

As for damage on the Issen based on meter, that would be interesting. Though Nak seems to be doing solid damage here even though she has little rage meter.

That being said If it is based on how much rage meter you have left then health would still play a factor since you need low health to get a longer rage meter after rage explosion. If you activate rage explosion at high health then the rage meter is a lot shorter.

3D5r3Dw.gif

Last edited:

Undead Bokun

Oct 25, 2017
Has a physical Xbox One copy been confirmed? I really hope they don't go Digital only on the One as is seemingly the norm.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Switch and PC is slated for Fall 2019 so you don't have to wait that long.

This offer is for both digital and physical.

Yes, shorter combos, higher damage per hit, and greater emphasize on mind games and counter.

If you have time, this is a short 16mins video with more detailed of the controls, mechanics and gameplay in SamSho.

Really easy.
I would say this game (or the serie) is perfect to learn "Versus fighting game" fundamental.
Thanks amigos. Watched this video and it seems pretty cool on the lack of combos and stuff. Hope specials are mostly quarter circles and not half circles though.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
European CE's looking NICE.

Interesting how much respect they're putting on Yumi Saji's name now! I don't feel like this generally happens with newer artist all that often. Heck, it's not like it happened that much with Ogura of Shinkiro for quite a while. Good for her!

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
European CE's looking NICE.

Interesting how much respect they're putting on Yumi Saji's name now! I don't feel like this generally happens with newer artist all that often. Heck, it's not like it happened that much with Ogura of Shinkiro for quite a while. Good for her!

It does look amazing... Damn it, I want something for the US...

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that Switch and steam users will have to wait more. Hopefully the season pass offer will be for them too.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
No free Season Pass for preorderers in Japan is garbage...surprised that disparity hasn't gotten more media coverage here.

Why should it? Look at all the various other options on offer in Japan:

The have pre-order bonuses with different retailers, discounts on digital stores, The Neo Geo Mini SE varieties, and even a commemorative bottle of actual Spirits to go along with your Samurai that's up on their online shop.

Back for KOF XIII, "The King of Soundtracks" Multi-disk OST was a freebie released with pre-order in the west only. Later on, a version of it was released as a separate purchase in Japan. The Artbook that came with XIV was exclusive to the US as well, before being released as a separate expanded product in JP later. Not to mention the digital version of said book that later came with PC pre-order.

They haven't really played favorites too often; different markets and publishers just get different stuff.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
Why should it? Look at all the various other options on offer in Japan

The various other options available are "neat" and little else. Plus, the spirits/soundtrack are reflected in the package price. 2,000-yen season pass for free trumps all of that (though half of that cost would be mitigated with a preorder).

Whatever, will probably still buy it (season pass and all) but the "no free season pass" for Japanese players has me feeling a bit salty.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any kind of gamepad that replicates the NGPC stick? Going back to it for Samurai Shodown 2 this week felt so much better than playing the "true" game on XB1 with a fightpad (hori).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to pre-order the physical version to get the Season Pass or can I just buy it Day One and still get it?

It's a real bummer that there seems to be so little interest in the game. All the videos on youtube barely have any views.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Do I need to pre-order the physical version to get the Season Pass or can I just buy it Day One and still get it?

It's a real bummer that there seems to be so little interest in the game. All the videos on youtube barely have any views.
To quote the words of SNK president Koichi Toyama:
"As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise installments, we're pleased to offer the first six months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game's season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters."

That statement doesn't explain 100% how the system works during that first week, so if I was you, I would pre-order a day before release to avoid any complications, just in case.

As for the low interest in the game, I think a lot of it is riding on how it performs at EVO. It has quite a lot going for it, the gameplay promotes high stakes gameplay, where the tables can turn in a single move, which makes it very suspenseful and exciting to watch. It also has a very deliberate movement system, that slower speed makes it easier for the casual spectator to understand what's going on... If it gets enough eyes on it, I'm sure it has the potential to be pretty popular.

We can't forget that Samurai Shodown isn't as famous as Street Fighter or even The King of Fighters, but the fans who do know the series will very likely buy it, even if it's just for nostalgia's sake. But I do have trust in SNK, mainly for the fact of them taking their recently announced and unproven new fighting game to the floor of EVO 2019 as one of the main events. That takes a ton of courage, so they must have a lot of faith in the quality of Samurai Shodown.

At the very least, I think the timing for releasing this game is just perfect. Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima are putting samurais and ninjas back in the spotlight, and with Street Fighter V being in a bit of a slump at the moment, there could be no better time for Samurai Shodown to make a comeback than now.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Pre-ordering isn't necessary. You have from the 25th (launch day) till 30th to get it for free. This goes for both physical and digital copies.