Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco police are preparing for a pro-Trump protest at Twitter's headquarters, a building which has been essentially abandoned since the start of the pandemic last year, with most Twitter employees working remotely.

The potential protest comes days after Twitter banned the President from using its service — his favorite form of communication to millions of followers — following what the company called his continued incitements to violence in the wake of the January 6th assault on the Capitol last week by a mob of his followers.

"The San Francisco Police Department is aware of the possibility of a demonstration on the 1300 block of Market Street (Twitter) tomorrow, Monday January 11, 2021. SFPD has been in contact with representatives from Twitter.
techcrunch.com

San Francisco police are prepping for a pro-Trump rally at Twitter headquarters | TechCrunch

San Francisco police are preparing for a pro-Trump protest at Twitter's headquarters, a building which has been essentially abandoned since the start of

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is bad. This could get really bad if the local police think Twitter deserves retribution. Like, really really bad.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My friend was just talking about this. Hope nothing goes down, but at least they are getting prepared :/

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I read the title as "San Francisco police are prepping a pro-Trump rally..."

Somehow, noticing the actual title surprised me more than my initial misreading

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
You don't let them get away with jackshit so they don't think about coming back out here. The bay area doesn't need these assholes to feel welcome for a minute

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Great day to call in sick for anyone still working at HQ.

Let em stand outside and scream at an empty building, add a couple more dip shits to the no fly list, lock a few more up.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So... these people are going to heard down, in order to yell at an empty building?

Okay? 🤷🏾‍♂️

It's literally this

latest

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing ahead of time that the FBI is looking for them and the city is planning for the worst, I would think whoever does show up to this will likely be of the more fringe and dangerous types. You can't be stable to keep going at this point.

SF better take this seriously and have all hands on deck.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
like I mentioned in the other thread yesterday.

One step into the Tenderloin (one block away) and they're in the absolute wrong neighborhood.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
WFH or not I have to imagine Twitter at least needs security there if they have any vulnerable infrastructure in that office.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Not in my back yard, fuck off.

Also, they are in for a VERY rude awakening if any of those MAGA chuds sets foot around the Tenderloin.

Ocean Panda

Banned
Oct 25, 2020
The SFPD are the most inept police force I've ever encountered. They'll literally stand there looking the other direction while a crime occurs right in front of them. I'm not exaggerating, I've seen it happen routinely. I hope they get some kind of support or at least send the A team because I cannot imagine them being remotely effective against an actual threat.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This almost seems like a trap to bait counter protesters out. (I hope nobody thinks Twitter is worth potentially losing life or limb over.)