• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what the hell does "asian mans lifespan" even mean

lo pan is over a thousand years old bro

8t3KUub.gif

abutteredpig

Oct 30, 2017
Bernie continuously surrounds himself with absolutely horrible people.

This should be a gigantic warning sign to anyone who supports him.

This is so ridiculous. Some campaign staffer missed tweets that are TEN years old, and now his supporters are bad people if they don't disavow Bernie? If you really think this, you better at least hold the other candidates to the same standard *Cough Lis Smith + Mayor Pete Cough*

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird that the Pinknews article is citing known alt-right mouthpiece the Washington Free Beacon, and that the screencaps in the article are also taken directly from the original posting in the Washington Free Beacon.

Obviously the fact that the account was nuked is a bad look, but surely you could've found direct evidence on WayBack instead of relying on an alt-right publication? Something seems amiss.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
It's not just the language, it's the sentiments they express, which are far, far worse and not the sort of thing you magically grow out of unless you're forced to confront them.

I'm not sure it has to be magic to grow out of that... most of those tweets looks like the is trying to come off cool or as a rap lyricist. I guess he's the only one who can prove it. Or if there were other people he's come across that he's treated in a racist or homophobic way... maybe they will come forward.

BUT that being said if you want a high profile job for someone who's running for President..a progressive one at that... doesn't matter if you were young or ignorant, you gotta chalk this up to the game...and sit this one out. Get another job. They can hire another brother.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine the insane stuff that's going to come out when people my age (35ish) start running for higher office. The amount of pure garbage people post would get them fired from Kroger, let alone ruin a campaign.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with forgiving youthful indiscretions but there are plenty of qualified candidates who didn't throw those terms around and that's a perfectly good reason to hire them instead- all things being equal- but his inept reaction shows incompetence as well as a history of basically every hatred you can think of.

and to be honest I think it's a deep sign of a serious character flaw rather than a couple of misguided tweets.
I get that sentiment, but we have literally no idea what this person has done since. He may have done plenty to try to correct his behavior...or he could've done absolutely nothing. Making a judgment based on old selected tweets from a site Ive never heard of and judging who this person must be now feels incredibly inappropriate. The article is literally just the tweets. No other info about this person.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so ridiculous. Some campaign staffer missed tweets that are TEN years old, and now his supporters are bad people if they don't disavow Bernie? If you really think this, you better at least hold the other candidates to the same standard *Cough Lis Smith + Mayor Pete Cough*
It doesn't change anything for me. Am I supposed to think the Bernie campaign is anti-semitic now because of those tweets? I mean that would be silly. But it does show bad judgment on the part of his staff that this isn't the first time this has happened. Bernie team hires someone and then it turns out that person wrote bad things in the past. like it shouldn't have happened the first time. why is it happening again? why hasn't the vetting process they use not improved? Why does this only seem to be a problem for his campaign?

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't change anything for me. Am I supposed to think the Bernie campaign is anti-semitic now because of those tweets? I mean it's kind of silly. But it does show bad judgment on the part of his staff that this isn't the first time this has happened. Bernie team hires someone and then it turns out that person wrote bad things in the past. like it shouldn't have happened the first time. why is it happening again?
Remember the Matt Orfalea hiring debacle?

Makes this incident look tame

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
sounds like the ramblings of a stupid teenager edgelord. the fact he was apparently 22 does him no favor.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
I get that sentiment, but we have literally no idea what this person has done since. He may have done plenty to try to correct his behavior...or he could've done absolutely nothing. Making a judgment based on old selected tweets from a site Ive never heard of and judging who this person must be now feels incredibly inappropriate. The article is literally just the tweets. No other info about this person.

Dude should not have been hired in the first place. Vetting needs to be better especially as others have said this isn't the first time something similar has happened.

But this feels like it's out of the Cernovich playbook when he got Gunn fired and some are all too eager to attribute some grander amount of malice to Sanders for it. I get it tho, this is what happens in a primary / campaign.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
It was 9 years ago and there seems to be no trace of it since.

The fact that some of you guys can't accept that people can grow and learn from their mistakes is more telling of you then it is them.

Not only that, but this seems to have been started by a right-wing site, so the same shit that happened with Gunn.

Some of you are so fucking quick to cast the first stone its a joke. Like fuck you all weren't saying stupid shit 10 years ago, or when you were still in college.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
smh can't believe we're promoting right-wing talking points (it's an archive.is link, it's safe)

(check the times, the article was out three hours before those tweets were posted)

like, all of those images are dated 2010/2011, there's not a single thing from after that. are they bad? sure. should he apologize and talk about what's changed in his life and why he isn't that way any more? definitely. but like, this is literally just shit the washington free beacon dredged up to make sanders look bad

whether or not you care about it is up to you, I guess

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

The fact that some of you guys can't accept that people can grow and learn from their mistakes is more telling of you then it is them.

Not only that, but this seems to have been started by a right-wing site, so the same shit that happened with Gunn.

Some of you are so fucking quick to cast the first stone its a joke. Like fuck you all weren't saying stupid shit 10 years ago, or when you were still in college.
He's now a public figure on a campaign so the onus is on him to prove that he's changed with a public apology.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how old was he when he originally posted those things and is there a source besides an alt-right affiliated site?

edit: 22 is too old to be posting that stuff

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Seems they likely hired him over things like this

Darius Khalil Gordon is the new National Field Organizer for the Center for Popular Democracy. Part of the Fight Back initiative, Darius plans on bringing his energy and years of experience as a lead organizer for Citizen Action of New York and National Organizer for the Gathering for Justice to the table. Darius first came to New York to serve as African American and Youth director for a State Assembly campaign. When the campaign ended, he began work with the Working Families Canvassing and Fundraising team where he expanded his knowledge and practical skills for electoral and social justice work. In early 2014, Darius started as a community organizer for Citizen Action of New York, working on and winning campaigns such as Fight for $15, paid sick leave, and paid family leave .He has also has victories in the criminal justice field being a member of the Justice League NYC, where they helped get Raise the Age legislation passed in New York state, making now illegal to house 16 and 17 year olds in adult jail and prison facilities.He is a Washington D.C native who studied African and African American studies at Penn State University.

And didn't check his old tweets.

The alt-right rag looks to be looking for an angle on his views on Palestine probably not that they care about the other problematic tweets.

3DkggIc.png

Just fire him and check tweets in the future. Obviously going forward liking Bernies policies might now mean you support what Darius said.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017

I wasn't saying this kind of shit at age 22. Stop excusing bad behavior.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
www.cnn.com

Bernie Sanders campaign parts ways with staffer after report of homophobic and anti-Semitic tweets | CNN Politics

Bernie Sanders' campaign has parted ways with a newly hired staffer after a conservative website unearthed a series of tweets allegedly from the staffer that contained anti-Semitic and homophobic language.
Yeah, so it was a legit story. Honestly weird some people here were trying to brush it away as if the tweets didn't happen, just because it was reported on a conservative site.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Bernie Sanders campaign parts ways with staffer after report of homophobic and anti-Semitic tweets | CNN Politics

Bernie Sanders' campaign has parted ways with a newly hired staffer after a conservative website unearthed a series of tweets allegedly from the staffer that contained anti-Semitic and homophobic language.
Good. They need to do much, much better with vetting. I think that's a conversation worth having, especially given its history.

Mods, want to update the thread title to reflect the firing?

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
Nice, uncritically posting far right propaganda

lmao

www.cnn.com

hope the haters got to finish before this news

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
How In the world does that level of half-assed vetting happen in a presidential campaign , in any campaign ,in 2019

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Are you saying the person in the OP tweet who gathered these is associated with that site or are you saying those tweets are fake?

neither?

I can't speak for them, but for myself personally, what I'm saying is that this reminds me of the james gunn controversy. like, eerily similar. some alt-right asshole dredges up some shit from a decade ago to "own the libs", and the left goes with it because they're unwilling to stand up for their own and get behind the idea that people can change and move past who they used to be.

I don't think that twitter user is alt-right or a conservative writer (their twitter makes that... pretty clear), but I am saying that there are lots of people out there willing to be useful pawns of alt-right shit-stirrers if it's against someone they don't like