• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i finally know now, what being a gohan fan feels like...

AND IT FUCKING SUCKS

The WCI arc was supposed to be the arc of where sanji truly shines, or that's what most of us believed

turned out, oda (the author of the manga) straight up hates the character, he doesn't waste a goddamn panel to humiliate sanji

it's honestly sickening

i want this arc to never happened

this arc ruined my enjoyment of this manga

887cead838196b3a38334f70839ae44ec9968305_hq.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I quite liked the newest chapter. Sanji made a promise and an entire army isn't stopping him from keeping it. It's pretty badass.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
no he hasnt

i mean, did robin "shine" on ennies lobby? this is a fucking rescue arc, the person in question is always the one suffering the most.

delete this thread, is th=rash

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Sanji never had potential. He was a pervert scrub competing for 3rd place since day 1.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised this thread was made

I don't why you think Ode hates the character when this whole arc is about him and how his kindness and cooking skills saves the day or is going to

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sanji never had potential. He was a pervert scrub competing for 3rd place since day 1.
This is true he was always destined for 3rd place. Meh, Sanji and his pervert schtick has become boring and his backstory was crap too, shoulda kept him as a washed up orphan instead of this germa nonsense.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Fan of both Sanji and Gohan. It's not the same at all.
And Sanji has only been disappointing recently in terms of fights which is fair but it's not the only important thing in One Piece, unlike DB where it felt like Gohan was just irrelevant to the one aspect of his series that stands far above the rest.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thinking of it i would be upset if i was a sanji fan too. he is going to come out of this arc without any power up or new skill. that rarely happens in one piece when you are the focus. unless he gets his own suit from his family he will be the same. if jimbei joins which is looking very likely sanji will be permanently out of the monster trio.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? i really liked Sanji in this Arc, he's not reduced to the womanizer trope that he's in some arcs.

Oct 25, 2017
He's been the focus this entire arc, got an expanded back story, characterization, the sole reason they can escape is because of his baking ability. I'm upset about no fight but this isn't dragonball where if you don't fight you better sit down somewhere
So no the gohan comparison is odd

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sanji has been great this arc, and will marry the best girl so haters be damned.

Also, I'm sure he'll get his moment to shine when
big mom gets taken down by his cake. She'll probably get knocked out by how orgasmic it is.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme examples of when this has happened
yeah i was thinking about it and luffy seems to be the only one that gets powerups. we saw zoro cut pika in half and usopp develop haki in their fight so you can sort of count them. sanji hasn't gotten any fights and he hasn't shown anything new other than skywalk.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme examples of when this has happened
Like Robin....oh
Franky. ......wait no
Chopper.......no

Zolo did I guess but it wasn't an arc focus on him and he basically just learn to cut harder stuff

both Sanji and Zolo during the cp9 guys when they got desperate

otherwise it was mostly the time skip

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Completely disagree.

Sanji got development that realy fleshed him out to make his character that much more understandable and sympathetic. His story in this made me like him more just for seeing him torn and struggle between what he feels obligated to do and what he wants to do.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when there was a legitimate story thread where he couldn't look at beautiful women without turning to stone because he spent two years on an island full of cross dressing men

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ussop has been above Sanji since Sogeking let alone GOD USSOP

Ussop defeated the most broken character in the series Sanji can't compete with that

thinking of it i would be upset if i was a sanji fan too. he is going to come out of this arc without any power up or new skill. that rarely happens in one piece when you are the focus. unless he gets his own suit from his family he will be the same. if jimbei joins which is looking very likely sanji will be permanently out of the monster trio.

Nah, he will still be in.

Luffy will be pushed out, be the Captain and Zoro,Sanji and Jinbei will be his Monster 3.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
If you wanna talk about the gohan of one piece let me introduce you to a character named trafalgar law

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Also, I'm sure he'll get his moment to shine when
big mom gets taken down by his cake. She'll probably get knocked out by how orgasmic it is.
Yeah, this is how I expect it to play out. Or if I'm crazy (I am)
it's a cake so good she backs down from Luffy's crew if Sanji promises to keep making cakes for her, which would actually be bonkers
Ussop became Sogeking, beat that atheists.
You forget that Ussop actually is a god now.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this thread
What the hell is the OP talking about
What happened to Gohan that upset people.
What is happenign to Sanji that upset people.
I feel like there's no effort or context or anything in the OP.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's true tho, sanji was clearly the weakest of the monster trio, dudes a joke. Luffy and Zoro trained with some heavy hitter characters and sanji spent his time being delegated to a homophobic joke island.
Sexism and homophobia gets all the laughs! Sanji is one of the trashiest characters.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is how I expect it to play out. Or if I'm crazy (I am)
it's a cake so good she backs down from Luffy's crew if Sanji promises to keep making cakes for her, which would actually be bonkers

That would just basically be a retread lol

OP
OP
Joker13

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's been the focus this entire arc, got an expanded back story, characterization, the sole reason they can escape is because of his baking ability. I'm upset about no fight but this isn't dragonball where if you don't fight you better sit down somewhere
So no the gohan comparison is odd

here's the thing...after what is said and done...exactly what changed in sanji in this arc? he didn't change one bit, i read some people say he had character development..but what character development?

this arc was basically just sanji getting trashed left and right, you have to admit this blackleg, what we got from sanji in this arc was his backstory and that's it

if this arc ends with sanji below his scum brothers power wise(which is looking more likely at this point) what the fuck was the point of this arc? wasn't it to prove his better than his brother even without the superhuman genes?

i dunno man i just don't know anymore

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this thread
What the hell is the OP talking about
What happened to Gohan that upset people.
What is happenign to Sanji that upset people.
I feel like there's no effort or context or anything in the OP.
I got you fam gohan wasn't fighting for awhile so his fans got mad he being left out of arcs

Sanji is the focus point of the current arc and is always engaged in the arcs before.But none of that matters because he didn't fight this arc according to op

here's the thing...after what is said and done...exactly what changed in sanji in this arc? he didn't change when bit, i read some people say he had character development..but what character development?

this arc was basically just sanji getting trashed left and right, you have to admit this blackleg, what we got from sanji in this arc was his backstory and that's it

if this arc ends with sanji below his scum brothers power wise(which is looking more likely at this point) what the fuck was the point of this arc? wasn't it to prove his better than his brother even without the superhuman genes?

i dunno man i just don't know anymore
Character development and characterization is different