• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could empathize with him in the sense of looking for excuses to try to live with the pain of your son being a murder.

But going in a tangent with the justification than he only murdered "the bad ones" makes me despise him even more

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I can because he's doing it publicly and echoing bullshit like my son spared the good kids
I was about to disagree, but then I rembered the mother of one of the Columbine shooters was extremely sympathetic to the parents of the slain children. And as far as I know, those kids were actually bullied.

So yeah, there is really no excuse to defend your child in this situation. I get that it's hard, but come on.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
This dad should be in fucking jail. And what a SHOCKER he's a FOX News and NRA loving piece of fucking shit.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
But honestly it's his son, I don't know what anyone would reasonably expect him to say? Did you expect a condemnation?

Con.dem.na.tion. The expression of very strong disapproval.

It's a literally the very fucking least this piece of shit parent should openly display in public.

JFC. People should show condemnation towards their children if they don't show proper manners.

Oct 27, 2017
Hope poppa has fun being sued into the poorer-house. Lock your murder machines up. Keep ammunition away and locked up somewhere else.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
He is a victim. Bullying is unacceptable. But its not a free pass for murder. He is a victim who became a criminal.

He. Was. Not. Bullied.

Bullying is just an excuse for this white boy terrorist constant mass shootings.

Apprently people really believe students like the Pakistani foreign exchange student girl actually bullied the white football player who later shot her dead?

The murderer and his very complicit father are trump Fox News fans aka racists. We know for a fact the the murderer targeted women mostly specifically a girl he harassed for months until she finally told him off- she was his first victim. The narrative this this murderer was bullied infuriates me, it really does.

The father is such a piece of shit just like anyone pushing the bullying narrative.

The father is all- something most happened/changed in the last week because my son was solid. Your "solid" son made explosives and had targets. I don't know how long he was planning this but it seems most likely that his son has always been an evil bitch like his father but it was fine because it was hidden behind patriotism

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's about what I'd expect from his parents. You don't see a lot of people willing to throw themselves under the bus with their kid.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Dude killed a girl who dared to say no to him and didn't want to date him. He's no victim.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I mean this is a fucked up thing to say, but I don't think we should blame the dad for reacting badly. The only thing I can imagine that's worse than your kid being killed in a mass shooting is finding out your kid was the shooter.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is a fucked up thing to say, but I don't think we should blame the dad for reacting badly. The only thing I can imagine that's worse than your kid being killed in a mass shooting is finding out your kid was the shooter.

Uhhhhhhh

No I'm pretty sure your kid getting fucking murdered is worse wtf...

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Did he just use an exorcist/possession analogy to dismiss his son's actions?

Maan what in the hell. I'm sorry that it was his son who did this but fuck off

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
Fuck this guy, nothing excuses what his piece of shit kid did. The father should be charged for not securing his weapons

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
As far as we know, the only "bullying" he received was the rejection of a girl he harassed for months, leading to status of what home-bred terrorists refer to as "involuntary celibacy" which hurt his ego and manhood, and led to him to feel justified in shooting that girl first, then killing nine other people.

Fuck. No.
Isn't this misinformation too? We don't know for sure he was an "incel" or that this is what caused him to do what he did. As far as I know, it is just a theory right now.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Pretty sure your kid not existing is worse then your kid being in jail for life

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
- Claims of bullying without actually having any proof.
- His son spared the good kids bullshit. Nice way to make the victims out as bad people who somehow deserved this.
- Guns left in a place that was accessible to his son.

I understand that he cannot simply shutoff the love he has has for son. However it's pretty vile to portray the actual victims like that. Also pretty idiotic to leave your guns in a place where you child can access them.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Fuck this logic. I can't stand how since Columbine we've had it shoved down our throats that if we had just been nicer to these kids, they might not have murdered a bunch of people.

Obviously we should all strive to be kinder, but there are countless people who go through hard lives and then don't go on killing sprees.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no. you let your son scour the internet and get brainwashed to the point where he thought killing his classmates was apparently an acceptable response to getting turned down by a girl. fuck off with this shit. i hope he rots and dies alone and sad

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
"It's not possible in one day for the child to have changed so much."

Your son was collecting knives, wearing a trench coat and a "born to kill" shirt to school every day, and was "very into communism". He was harassing a girl for months before she felt she had to give him a public rejection. He spent a week after that researching previous mass shootings before killing her, 7 other kids and two teachers. I wouldn't be surprised if the only "bullying" he suffered was people at school calling him out as the creep he is.

He spared the "good kids". ffs

Oct 31, 2017
He spared the good kids line makes me think the son is probably some kind of hero to the father rather than victim, even.

"He spared the good kids"

There is no way to spin that except some kind of praise.

One way or the other, I really believe the father is complicit. These people are sickening.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's only a victim of his father negligence in regards with his guns. And an atrocious killer in rest.

I can because he's doing it publicly and echoing bullshit like my son spared the good kids
Agreed.

He is a victim. Bullying is unacceptable. But its not a free pass for murder. He is a victim who became a criminal.

The murder supercedes bullying.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow I wonder where his son got his toxic mentality from?

Again, I really am appreciating all these white people just saying exactly what's on their mind instead of hiding behind buzz words and dog whistles.

Just another link to add for the comparison between killers and how the media and society treats them based on their race.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not only is your son a criminal, but you are too for enabling this shit.

I could not possibly be more disgusted.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
How did he get your guns? How did he get your guns? How did he get your guns?

That's the question he should be answering. If this *was* the result of things being especially bad for his son, it's quite probable that none of this would have happened if he'd not been able to get a gun right away. That in a few days he'd have cooled off.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure your kid not existing is worse then your kid being in jail for life

I guess the way I think about it is if your kid is murdered at least you still have the memory of them and stuff. If they're a shooter they're either dead or in prison for the rest of their life plus it destroys whatever idea the parent had of who their child is. Add on feelings of guilt about how you should have been able to prevent it or are somehow culpable and it could fuck you up pretty bad.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
How did he get your guns? How did he get your guns? How did he get your guns?

That's the question he should be answering. If this *was* the result of things being especially bad for his son, it's quite probable that none of this would have happened if he'd not been able to get a gun right away. That in a few days he'd have cooled off.

More importantly, when will the NRA start shaming openly irresponsible gun owners?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the way I think about it is if your kid is murdered at least you still have the memory of them and stuff. If they're a shooter they're either dead or in prison for the rest of their life plus it destroys whatever idea the parent had of who their child is. Add on feelings of guilt about how you should have been able to prevent it or are somehow culpable and it could fuck you up pretty bad.

And yet, as we see here, this guy isn't being self-reflective or acting like the memory of his kid has been destroyed. He's seeking excuses and trying to minimize the effect of what his kid did. He's looking for reasons to JUSTIFY the mass murder his child committed.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
"He pulled the trigger but he is not this person," he said. "It is like we see in the movies when someone gets into his body and does things that are not done. It's not possible in one day for the child to have changed so much."

Where did this come from. I notice it alot when someone gets busted being racist asf, or shooting up a school. This "That wasn't the real me" shit. Does that fool ANYONE?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
"My son, to me, is not a criminal, he's a victim," he said. "The kid didn't own guns. I owned guns."

So .. you're admitting you're at fault here ?

Are you saying it's OK for the law to prosecute you as well ? Because I'm A-OK with that.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Dad thinks his perfect church going baby couldn't possibly do anything wrong. Willing to bet this kid got everything he wanted from his parents and led him to be an entitled spoiled twat. As soon as he gets to dip his feet into the real world and didn't get something he asked for, a date from a woman, he was incapable of handling it. Thanks to the parents babying him his whole life. Lashed out in the biggest and worst way.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Please re-read what you've just said... "if your kid Is murdered" followed by "at least". There's no at least here, their children are dead, brutalized in a way no one should ever be brutalized .... you've literally elevated this father who is making excuses for his murdering son over parents who lost kids to this man's son.

Stop.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Hey how about you take responsibility for your gun and child by expressing any level of humanity for the victims instead of shitting on them.

Don't care how much grief you have when you're accusing the slain being "bad." Pretty sure a murderer is worse.

Oct 25, 2017
This post is dumb.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Stop trying to defend a guy making excuses for mass murder.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the parents of the victims here. If my child was murdered at school by a classmate and his/her father was suggesting that my child was the problem, I would be beyond livid. That just adds salt to the wound.