• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
In a phone interview over the weekend with Greece's Antenna TV, Antonios Pagourtzis said he wished he could have stopped the killing Friday at Santa Fe High School. His voice cracked as he described how he told police to let him inside the school so his son, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, could kill him instead. He said he suspects his son was under pressure, perhaps due to bullying.

"Something must have happened now, this last week," he told the station. "Somebody probably came and hurt him, and since he was a solid boy, I don't know what could have happened. I can't say what happened. All I can say is what I suspect as a father."

The suspect's attorney, Nicholas Poehl, has said he is investigating whether his client endured any "teacher-on-student" bullying after reading reports of the teen being mistreated by football coaches. The school district issued a statement saying it investigated the accusations and "confirmed that these reports were untrue."

The elder Pagourtzis said his son took a legally owned shotgun and handgun from his closet before leaving for school that day. The teen didn't own firearms of his own, he said.

"My son, to me, is not a criminal, he's a victim," he said. "The kid didn't own guns. I owned guns."

"He pulled the trigger but he is not this person," he said. "It is like we see in the movies when someone gets into his body and does things that are not done. It's not possible in one day for the child to have changed so much."

"I saw the child. I didn't see a child who is a murderer. A pure child, a child who was ashamed to look me in the face," his father said. "He was thinking of his sisters, how his sisters will be able to get about. He said he loves me. He told his mother he loves her, and he will try to be strong to help us cope."

He said his son told him he had acted on his own and had spared "the kids who were the good kids so they can tell his story."

I kinda love that the Dad basically by talking so much about how much of a victim his son is basically implies by echoing what his son told him that only bad kids died.

Nevermind that we know the first person he killed was killed because she refused his advances repeatedly.

http://time.com/5287943/santa-fe-shooting-dimitrios-pagourtzis/

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
He's only a victim of his father negligence in regards with his guns. And an atrocious killer in rest.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
His son harassed a girl for 4 months and then murdered her.

The father sounds just as psychotic as the son, to be honest. There's no justifying mass murder.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
He said his son told him he had acted on his own and had spared "the kids who were the good kids so they can tell his story."
A story about how a maniac slaughtered thief friends and they just barely got away only to look forward to a lifelong future of trauma? Truly a modern day folk hero

Also wonder what the father would think if one of his daughters were the target of a violent, persistent, gun-totting creep. Not so empathetic once you put your sons behavior in sharp relief

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Can't blame the guy trying to find a way to not make his son a cold blooded murderer. That must be hard to cope with this kind of situation in a rational way.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
It's a parent in shock. In a way he's lost a child too. They'll say stupid shit to make sense of things somehow.

Obviously he should have kept his guns locked away, he's a dumb motherfucker for sure, but still.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
""My son, to me, is not a criminal, he's a victim," he said. "The kid didn't own guns. I owned guns."'

Woosh, right over his head.

Is that the next phase of this nonsense? "School shooting victims deserved it because they trigger incel rage"? I'm sure that will play well in front of a jury. His son's lawyer must have been drinking hard after reading that transcript.

Edit: losing improperly stored guns that are used in a crime should be at the very least a fine, at most a felony.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Is this basically the extreme version of a parent that refuses to admit their kid is a bad person?

Also:

The elder Pagourtzis said his son took a legally owned shotgun and handgun from his closet before leaving for school that day. The teen didn't own firearms of his own, he said.

So he didn't store them properly? And these people will continue to complain guns aren't the issue.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It's a parent in shock. In a way he's lost a child too. They'll say stupid shit to make sense of things somehow.

Obviously he should have kept his guns locked away, he's a dumb motherfucker for sure, but still.

Blaming the victims suggests he was part of fostering his son's negative outlook of the world.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, lock the dad up for gun storage negligence too. Fuck off with the "my son spared the good kids" bullshit.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Also, fuck Time for including the picture and name of the killer. That's exactly how you inspire more people to do this shit.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
User Warned: Peddling disinformation
He is a victim. Bullying is unacceptable. But its not a free pass for murder. He is a victim who became a criminal.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can because he's doing it publicly and echoing bullshit like my son spared the good kids

Exactly.
Did this "father" even think about the parents of the kids that died?
He's LITERALLY saying that the kids that died were "bad kids". Kids that were somehow worse than the little monster that gunned down in cold blood a bunch of innocent people.

For fucks sake this kind of shit makes my blood boil. Throw the father in jail alongside his piece of human waste.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Oh sheesh. I imagine he's undergoing a lot of complex feelings after learning his son committed multiple murders in a school, and I can imagine that parents will defend their children even in the face of awful news. But someone needs to tell this guy to hush. There isn't much he can productively say except "I love my son and I am so sorry for what he did" before running back inside the house and not leaving. Belittling the victims or taking his son's defense at face value isn't going to do anything good.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Exactly.
Did this "father" even think about the parents of the kids that died?
He's LITERALLY saying that the kids that died were "bad kids". Kids that were somehow worse than the little monster that gunned down in cold blood a bunch of innocent people.

For fucks sake this kind of shit makes my blood boil. Throw the father in jail alongside his piece of human waste.
Right? The father needs to explain what these supposedly "bad kids" did that was worthy of execution. Does he think his own kids should be slaughtered if they do the same thing?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Parents of murderers tend to ignore reality when it comes to their own kidss. It's a natural defense mechanism.

His dad is wrong, to be sure. But his denial of his son being a monster is perfectly normal.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
He is a victim. Bullying is unacceptable. But its not a free pass for murder. He is a victim who became a criminal.
As far as we know, the only "bullying" he received was the rejection of a girl he harassed for months, leading to status of what home-bred terrorists refer to as "involuntary celibacy" which hurt his ego and manhood, and led to him to feel justified in shooting that girl first, then killing nine other people.

Fuck. No.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Can't expect a grieving father to give an even-handed response to something like this. That "good kids" part though...
It doesn't even need to be nuanced. "My kid destroyed a lot of lives. I still love him. I pray for the families who lost loved ones and hope one day they can forgive him." Instead he chooses to charge the dead with committing crimes worthy of death and his son playing righteous punisher.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, he can fuck right off with his terrorist kid.
Hearing him talk you have to wonder if he couldn't be charged as an accomplice.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So you admit they were your guns and you failed to keep them adequately locked away. Arrest this fucking idiot.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of piece of shit do you have to be to defend your kid murdering 12 other kids and then calling YOUR child the victim? With a parent like this, it's not surprising that his son felt that he had the right to kill those that he viewed had wronged him.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine posting a parent's comments after something like this as some sort of "gotcha" post. I expect it to be irrational.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not only is the son a criminal but so is the dad for letting him get his guns. It's a shame he'll escape punishment for his deadly negligence because of an age technicality.