• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MARVEL Powers United VR is a first person action adventure set in the MARVEL universe, where you play as a superhero and fight villains on various iconic environment.

Black Panther was recently announced to the playable roster. So far 8 out of the 18 playable characters has been revealed.
  • Captain Marvel
  • The Hulk
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Deadpool
  • Black Bolt
  • Crystal
  • Thor
  • Black Panther
Ronan The Accuser and Loki are 2 of the 10 villains you'll be facing.

Game is up for pre-order now for the price of $39.99.
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1298930313503250/

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Will get for Iron Man. A fully fledged first person iron man VR game, in the style of Megaton Rainfall, would be my preference, but this looks like a fine substitute.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Why even waste roster space with garbage like Black Bolt

Man, I must be out of the Inhumans loop if people now hate Blackbolt. I honestly haven't paid any attention to that weird Inhumans push Marvel started up a few years ago but back in the day he was one of the coolest heroes. I know its not canon, but he's great in Earth X.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I must be out of the In umans loop if people now hate Blackbolt. I honestly haven't paid any attention to that weird Inhumans push Marvel started up a few years ago but back in the day he was one of the coolest heroes. I know its not canon, but he's great in Earth X.
Black Bolt is still cool in the comics. In the Inhumans show on the other hand...not so hot.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Who the heck is Crystal???

I really look forward to getting to try this out around someone with an Oculus. Oculus only, I assume by the end of the trailer?

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Stop trying to make Carol a thing, Marvel. It's not going to happen.

(The above is a joke. Mostly. MCU might be able to make Carol a thing)

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
almost time for this meme to die, can't wait
I really hope the movie is good. That said, she has been a terrible comic character ever since becoming Captain Marvel, and even some time before then.

Edit: The above language is harsh. Let me rephrase and say: Even when she was supposed to be likable in comics, for me I still couldn't stand her. Her Ms. Marvel days were better, as were her Binary/Warbird days. I enjoyed reading every other female character that had the Captain Marvel name more than her.

Last edited:

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's releasing in a month and this 25 seconds long, 720p/30fps trailer is all they got? Now I'm not even mad that this is Oculus exclusive.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Are the majority of VR games just Kinect/Move games?

They seem underwhelming.
No. Not even close.

Also using the Moves, and the PC motion controllers, in VR is extremely different than the "waggle" that used to make up a lot of motion control in non-VR games. In VR you are "in the game world yourself" so they are like your hands, complete 1 to 1 motion capable of strongly enhancing interactivity depending on the game.

Also, plenty of VR games are also made for traditional controllers as well.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't that kind of eliminate the differentiation you just made regarding move controllers allowing for 1:1 movements and being important.
Why would it? That doesn't make them less important in the games where the developers decided to make them required and not optional. Not all games are made the same.

Just like with regular games, developers are making multiple types of games because obviously they know that not everyone likes the same thing and some just want to relax on the couch even in VR and be given games that will work with a regular controller rather than play the games that truly require moving your arms around to physically interact with the environment to the extent that the motion controllers can allow in VR, and some like the variety of having both/all kinds of games.

For further variety there are also hybrid games like Moss, that requires the motion control functions of the DualShock for you to directly touch things in the world while also controlling another character in third person with the regular controls at the same time.

Just because there's variety doesn't mean there aren't also games that require the motion controllers and don't offer regular controls because they are not capable of the same things.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Where is Sanzaru's Sly 5 ? :(

Yes, that would be great! They did excellent work with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

This, please Sony! Also please release all Sly games on PS4.

I would like to see the Sly Cooper games on PS4, but I don't know how realistic the chances are of that happening. The first three games from the PS2 could be emulated. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time only came out on PS3 and Vita, so they would have to make a new conversion for PS4. I don't know if Sanzaru would take on this task, or if they'd hand over the porting job to an all-new group.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why does the resolution and framerate if the trailer matter? It's not concealing anything.
I mean uploading your game trailer in 720p/30fps isn't already the best idea thanks to the terrible youtube bitrate (higher res and fps gives better bitrates), but it's especially not the best idea for VR games which often already look slightly worse than normal games (because they need to hit 90fps)

There are a lot more
Oh ok. The Thor stuff looks cool but overall I'm not too impressed. Need to see that Iron Man gameplay :D

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I mean uploading your game trailer in 720p/30fps isn't already the best idea thanks to the terrible youtube bitrate (higher res and fps gives better bitrates), but it's especially not the best idea for VR games which often already look slightly worse than normal games (because they need to hit 90fps)
Don't worry, my job is YouTube so I'm very familiar with that stuff. I just don't see how that makes it a dealbreaker like you appeared to have previously expressed. Maybe I misunderstood.