• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Is she even capable of telling the truth? I feel like she would implode if she did. But then again, her telling a lie to everyone is just the truth to her.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
giphy.gif

LMAO

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I think its important that she was interviewed. Despite it being "old news" all the way back to months ago during a years+ long investigation.

What does she have to do with flyn lying/manafort, etc... and co? Seems like its something else

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

That's a good summary of firehosing. It's always depressed the crap out of me because I don't know if we have an effective counter for it. Technology only amplifies it and the media simply cannot resist opting in to it and making it worse.

Simply put, too few people are informed and engaged enough to make a difference on their own and no-one else will listen to them as they are countered by the firehosing and its destruction of reality and truth. The only way I can see is to make it illegal to lie in official positions with heavy enforcement of such laws. Of course, someone decent has to get power to make the laws first. I'll just wait over here for that.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I'm sure every answer was carefully prefaced with, "As far as I'm aware..." or "As far as I know..." or "Based on what I was told..."

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Sarah is given a narrative and her job is to spin facts and reality in a way to try and fit said narrative. She's a stooge and an awful person, but I don't thinks she's involved in any of the shady business of the Trump Crime Syndicate.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sarah is given a narrative and her job is to spin facts and reality in a way to try and fit said narrative. She's a stooge and an awful person, but I don't thinks she's involved in any of the shady business of the Trump Crime Syndicate.
I think you can get plenty of "did Trump tell you to say this" statements on the record. She's the WH spokeswoman, after all...

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California

This is based on what? Her father is an active liar, racist, and homophobe. The shit apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I think its important that she was interviewed. Despite it being "old news" all the way back to months ago during a years+ long investigation.

What does she have to do with flyn lying/manafort, etc... and co? Seems like its something else
Part of the general obstruction of justice investigation, presumably. Mueller's interviewed probably dozens of witnesses from the White House. I don't think it tells us much that SHS was one of them. Course he's gonna want to ask her about what Trump was saying/ordering people to do behind the scenes.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
The fun part is he knows she already lied. Not only she'll have to corroborate others stories and give them valuable informations, but she'll have to admit that she lied a lot.
I see her easily breaking down and giving Mueller more than he expected.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The fun part is he knows she already lied. Not only she'll have to corroborate others stories and give them valuable informations, but she'll have to admit that she lied a lot.
I see her easily breaking down and giving Mueller more than he expected.

Yep.

She has a punkass personality. Saw that with cohen too with all his bravado.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
When SHS dies her tombstone should read "here lies Sarah Sanders". It will be the most truthful thing she had ever done.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Remember when we used to think Spicer was the worst press secretary we'd ever seen? Good times...

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Sarah probably walked in like,

"Hello, Witch Hunter. I hope you sharpened your stakes. My heart isn't in the same spot as the humans."

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
She's not going to lie. Why risk perjury charges for Trump? She enjoys her position in the WH, but she isn't going to risk getting herself into trouble. (Assuming she hasn't done anything illegal herself).

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The timing of interview is interesting - late last year, which was around the time reports were surfacing about Sanders' planned departure and thoughts on her 'legacy'.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
She's not going to lie. Why risk perjury charges for Trump? She enjoys her position in the WH, but she isn't going to risk getting herself into trouble. (Assuming she hasn't done anything illegal herself).

People like her convince themselves they are not lying and just spew whatever shit their boss tells them to, thinking they're being truthful. You hang around Trump long enough, he possesses you like Wormtongue from LOTR.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's possible she'd flip. She's a lot younger than Trump, so she's still got that "Hey, I've got my whole life ahead of me," thing going, and I don't imagine that ideological loyalty is why she clings to Trump, it's pure ambition and greed. If Mueller can threaten to send her to jail, I can see her singing like a canary, rather than face a suite of perjury charges.

The other sweet part about this is how much conservative cred her dad would lose if she turned state's witness on Trump.