• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Seriously fuck this entire administration. They are literally demonizing us Canadians for little to almost no reason.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still trying to process the fact that it was the freaking White House that just said, on record, that it's the United States that is nice, and has been taken advantage of by jerky Canadians.

That's some DC Universe Crisis On Infinite Earth levels of Anti-Monitor shaking up the multi-verse kind'a alternate reality shenanigans going on there. Or Star Trek mirror universe, where all Canadians now have mustaches and goatees to denote how evil we are.

It's honestly baffling. Like, it's surreal.

Nov 30, 2017
I'll laugh myself dumb when it has the direct opposite effect. Because you KNOW it will. Hell, people are already rethinking their Rob Ford vote in Ontario because they're worried he's not equipped to weather the storm that the tariffs Trump imposed will cause.

Yah the problem is this was brewing for a long time as Alex Jones and people like him have created a fear of one world gov't due to globalists, which has caused this movement.

A lot of the bullshit happening in the US is due to fear lingering spread on many levels. It's not just white supremacists, but conspiracy theories were a huge contribution.

The conspiracy theories are recruiting Canadians to this push for more isolationism it seems.

Brexit was the start, Trump was the next move. The EU is on the verge.

This administration has become Alex Jones' spokes people. He has been spewing this shit way before the election.

During 2004 when I worked Security I used to listen to Coast to Coast AM and he was on there spewing One World Gov't conspiracies. Now it's changed to "Globalists".

Last edited:

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Canada has taken advantage of the US who is far to nice wut.

And the orange turd suggested at G7 that all tariffs be dropped?? Have you forgotten NAFTA, you know FREE trade agreement that's been in place for years? The agreement he says is bad and wants to get out of. unless he's trying to argue that it nothing should be excluded in NAFTA, which I really don't think he is.

Deleted member 7207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speak for yourself. If you still support an admin that is abducting kids and putting them in internment camps then we sure as hell aren't friends.

What makes you think I ever supported them?

You say that the job involves what others critique her for, but as an individual, she chose to perform this role and thus signals her approval of everything it involves. She is not under duress of any kind. There are many options available to her... including quitting.
What would you say of the moral fiber of an individual who wilfully accepts a position in which lying is a key task for an administration that has been proven to use lies and disinformation more than any recent other and keeping said position at a time where it involves drumming up hate to divide citizens home and afar?

Professional life and work life are very distinct to me. I can hate the administration's polices without holding it against her because I know that if she quits there'll just be someone else that will fill her role. If you want to ask me about her personal views on policy that's a different discussion altogether, one where you'd find I disagree with her a great deal, especially if she happens to be 1:1 with Trump, but that's not what we're talking about. It's a job and like a great many jobs in America (or the rest of the world) it's not always enjoyable.

As long as that role exists you can bet there will be people lining up to fill it and your opinion of that person will be influenced in large part by the way the president conducts him/herself. How many people here would turn down a $180,000/year salary to be the next Democratic president's press secretary knowing they'd have to defend absolutely everything they said/did? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think too many would turn it down. You're going to have occasions where you'll say something you wish you didn't, but that salary will help you sleep at night.

There are worse things you can be doing for a living than defending someone most of us can see right through already anyway, like dumping sewage in our water, animal testing, criminal defense lawyers that help murderers go free or police officers that protect their colleagues even when they abuse the power they've been given. There are plenty of jobs that some of us find completely reprehensible or immoral, but such is life. If I was worried Trump was becoming Saddam Hussein and Sarah was his Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf I'd want them both out ASAP, but let's not get caught up in the hysteria. The media is doing a good job of glossing over the positives while focusing on the negatives - it's what draws the most views - and I don't see that ending anytime soon, so rest assured that Dems will regain power and you can go back to laughing at the conservatives for whining about the new administration.

Some of us derive too much pleasure in watching others suffer, but seldom does that topic get broached.

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conflating 14% vs 47% is inherently antagonistic and quite frankly is a familiar right wing troll tactic. As is the "she's just following orders" reasoning. She is a mouthpiece for nazi tactics and if she had any moral core she would resign.

I didn't bring those numbers up and I was quite clear when I said I wasn't equating anyone or anything. Like I told the other poster, we agree on the fact that she's BSing much more often, but that has no bearing on the argument at hand, which is that calling her "a fucking liar" is silly considering the job description and the history of all previous press secretaries (re: they all defend their boss' BS).

Being antagonistic is a good way to rile anyone up, regardless of your party affiliation. I don't believe I'm the one being hostile in any of my exchanges here, though.

Trump isn't a nazi nor is Sarah, just as Bernie and Ocasio-Cortez aren't communists. Some of you need to lay off the hyperbole for a minute.

You want Sarah to resign, but let me ask you this, would you change your opinion of her if she did? Then wouldn't her replacement also get your nazi mouthpiece label bringing us right back to what I was saying about it just being another unenviable job someone's going to have to fill?

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
I didn't bring those numbers up and I was quite clear when I said I wasn't equating anyone or anything. Like I told the other poster, we agree on the fact that she's BSing much more often, but that has no bearing on the argument at hand, which is that calling her "a fucking liar" is silly considering the job description and the history of all previous press secretaries (re: they all defend their boss' BS).

Being antagonistic is a good way to rile anyone up, regardless of your party affiliation. I don't believe I'm the one being hostile in any of my exchanges here, though.

Trump isn't a nazi nor is Sarah, just as Bernie and Ocasio-Cortez aren't communists. Some of you need to lay off the hyperbole for a minute.

You want Sarah to resign, but let me ask you this, would you change your opinion of her if she did? Then wouldn't her replacement also get your nazi mouthpiece label bringing us right back to what I was saying about it just being another unenviable job someone's going to have to fill?

Holocaust survivors disagree with you on the nazi label:

https://amp.theguardian.com/comment...ion-children-parents-families-us-border-trump

What is happening in our own backyard today is as evil and criminal as what happened to me and my siblings as children in Nazi Europe. It needs to be stopped immediately.

When you use nazi tactics, developed by a clear cut white nationalist like Stephen Miller, then you are a nazi.

If SHS stepped down, and completely renounced what she has done and her superiors in explicit terms, then yes my opinion of her would improve. She would still be complicit but may convince me that she has a shred of humanity. Especially if she took the evil fucks in power down.

Her replacement would be a nazi mouthpiece. The job is voluntary.

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holocaust survivors disagree with you on the nazi label:

https://amp.theguardian.com/comment...ion-children-parents-families-us-border-trump

When you use nazi tactics, developed by a clear cut white nationalist like Stephen Miller, then you are a nazi.

If SHS stepped down, and completely renounced what she has done and her superiors in explicit terms, then yes my opinion of her would improve. She would still be complicit but may convince me that she has a shred of humanity. Especially if she took the evil fucks in power down.

Her replacement would be a nazi mouthpiece. The job is voluntary.

Why do you think that opinion piece by the Holocaust survivor avoided directly referring to Trump as a nazi? There's a reason for it.

BBC had what I thought was a good piece last year titled "Why does everyone keep making nazi comparisons?" Food for thought for anyone else that likes to flippantly throw it around.

Again, that $180,000/year job is going to attract a lot of people, especially given the tens of millions that are apparently satisfied with the way he's currently running the country. You can spend four years cursing out everyone that fills that position if you so please, but it will be energy better spent elsewhere, like attempting to find a practical way of removing the need for the job entirely, preferably without removing press access, too.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
My parents haven't taken this turn on Canada very well. They've long vacationed in Arizona and California in the winter, spending their hard-earn retirement dollars stateside for a couple of months a year), and now they're pretty disillusioned by the current state of America. The quickness that this administration has turned on Canada has kind of broken their hearts, to be honest. They feel betrayed.

Anyway, they are no longer going down south in the winter for now.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Why do you think that opinion piece by the Holocaust survivor avoided directly referring to Trump as a nazi? There's a reason for it.

BBC had what I thought was a good piece last year titled "Why does everyone keep making nazi comparisons?" Food for thought for anyone else that likes to flippantly throw it around.

Again, that $180,000/year job is going to attract a lot of people, especially given the tens of millions that are apparently satisfied with the way he's currently running the country. You can spend four years cursing out everyone that fills that position if you so please, but it will be energy better spent elsewhere, like attempting to find a practical way of removing the need for the job entirely, preferably without removing press access, too.

Flippantly throwing around nazi comparisons? Do you think a holocaust survivor is flippantly labeling the torture tactics used against these kids as being as evil as the ones they endured?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This fucking trash. This whole administration should be locked up for life. And not in rich people jail.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
They didn't. I'll ask again, do you not understand why they avoided going that route?

Your question is fucked because it is based on an article that pretty much cites Godwin's law. I am not labeling any old thing that is bad as "Hitler." I am saying that this immigration policy was drafted by a white supremacist (Miller) and is clearly aimed at torturing minorities. You are trying to find a crack in a holocaust victim's article, for fucks sake, because it did not explicitly label Trump as Hitler yet it equivocated their pain with what they experience under a nazi regime.

The comparison is clear cut, and you're completely transparent. Have fun arguing in favor of nazis.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm still trying to process the fact that it was the freaking White House that just said, on record, that it's the United States that is nice, and has been taken advantage of by jerky Canadians.

That's some DC Universe Crisis On Infinite Earth levels of Anti-Monitor shaking up the multi-verse kind'a alternate reality shenanigans going on there. Or Star Trek mirror universe, where all Canadians now have mustaches and goatees to denote how evil we are.
It's honestly baffling. Like, it's surreal.
I believe the appropriate word to describe this is "Orwellian".

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's what a regime in the building does. They paint a them vs us picture to strengthen their own position. It's China vs the US, EU vs the US, Canada, Mexico, south America, Muslims. Everybody is an enemy. The only good people are brave US citizens, they have to stand together against those outsiders that have only one goal: to harm the glorious USA.
For a time I thought people would be able to look right through that kind of BS, especially after WW2. But no, mankind is too stupid.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He's behaving like the AI in the Civilization games when the AI has bugs or imbalances.

Lets just hope he doesn't go full Gandhi.....

a9pypK1_700b.jpg

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your question is fucked because it is based on an article that pretty much cites Godwin's law. I am not labeling any old thing that is bad as "Hitler." I am saying that this immigration policy was drafted by a white supremacist (Miller) and is clearly aimed at torturing minorities. You are trying to find a crack in a holocaust victim's article, for fucks sake, because it did not explicitly label Trump as Hitler yet it equivocated their pain with what they experience under a nazi regime.

The comparison is clear cut, and you're completely transparent. Have fun arguing in favor of nazis.

It's not a crack, it's a glaring omission considering the conversation we're having about whether Trump and Sanders are or aren't nazis. You brought up that article to back up your claim, except it doesn't. What it does is explain the damage he and his siblings suffered in Nazi Germany to make the reader understand that Trump's policy had/will have a similar effect on those children separated at the Mexican border. That's the main takeaway there, not that Trump is a nazi. Can we please stop propagating that nonsense?

I countered with that BBC article because there's a lesson to be learned, one that's on display here at this very moment. To claim that anyone here is arguing in favor of a genocidal regime is beyond ridiculous and you know it.

9be842802f258916ae81b0b10e32d159--canada-jokes-canada-eh.jpg

...because this veered way off topic.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
It's not a crack, it's a glaring omission considering the conversation we're having about whether Trump and Sanders are or aren't nazis. You brought up that article to back up your claim, except it doesn't. What it does is explain the damage he and his siblings suffered in Nazi Germany to make the reader understand that Trump's policy had/will have a similar effect on those children separated at the Mexican border. That's the main takeaway there, not that Trump is a nazi. Can we please stop propagating that nonsense?

I countered with that BBC article because there's a lesson to be learned, one that's on display here at this very moment. To claim that anyone here is arguing in favor of a genocidal regime is beyond ridiculous and you know it.

Not a nazi! He's just very bigly.

http://www.newsweek.com/im-holocaust-survivor-trumps-america-feels-germany-nazis-took-over-876965

Stephen B. Jacobs has a warning from the past for America today: It's happening again.

At 79 years old he is among the youngest of the living Holocaust survivors and was born six years after Adolf Hitler came to power in Germany. But Jacobs can remember life in the Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald; what the Nazis did to him, his family, his friends.

He worries about what's happening right now in America, where he has lived and prospered since arriving a couple of years after Buchenwald's liberation on April 11, 1945.

All Trump is doing is pushing an agenda that holocaust survivors are familiar with and identify. But as long as they don't call him a nazi no pro-blem-o!

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a nazi! He's just very bigly.

http://www.newsweek.com/im-holocaust-survivor-trumps-america-feels-germany-nazis-took-over-876965

All Trump is doing is pushing an agenda that holocaust survivors are familiar with and identify. But as long as they don't call him a nazi no pro-blem-o!

I can come at that a variety of different ways, but I'm not going to ever downplay a Holocaust survivor's fears. When you experience something that traumatic it's going to leave a lasting impression on you. That said, I've made my position on Sanders/press secretaries clear and you appear more interested in debating whether or not Trump is a nazi than the absurdity of their comments towards Canada. How about we just bookmark this thread and come back to it in a few years so we can both have a nice laugh about how that scary Trump regime turned out? I promise I'll come lend you a helping hand myself if I'm wrong. How's that sound?

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
I can come at that a variety of different ways, but I'm not going to ever downplay a Holocaust survivor's fears. When you experience something that traumatic it's going to leave a lasting impression on you. That said, I've made my position on Sanders/press secretaries clear and you appear more interested in debating whether or not Trump is a nazi than the absurdity of their comments towards Canada. How about we just bookmark this thread and come back to it in a few years so we can both have a nice laugh about how that scary Trump regime turned out? I promise I'll come lend you a helping hand myself if I'm wrong. How's that sound?

Nobody will be laughing. Someone already died at a white power rally. Her parents will never be able to hold her again.

I'll end this here though.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It's about time someone put down their foot and made Canada pay for their many crimes against humanity. I for one cannot wait for Trump the humanitarian to mould the world into the peaceful utopia I never dared hope it could become.

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone in good standing with nazis is a nazi. There is no middle ground on this point in democracy because the ideas are fundamentally incompatible. Stop bending over backwards to protect or placate fascists, they need to be crushed permanently whatever form they take and protecting them by arguing semantics is incredibly harmful.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, people murdered at Naz- sorry, 'white power' rallies, sucking up to murderous, psychotic dictators while destroying relationships with former allies and thousands of children imprisoned and traumatised, probably scarred in life altering ways. Hilarious.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb people get in fights so easily.
The whole administration is filled with people who are simply too dumb for their job. Trump being the most extreme example.

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, people murdered at Naz- sorry, 'white power' rallies, sucking up to murderous, psychotic dictators while destroying relationships with former allies and thousands of children imprisoned and traumatised, probably scarred in life altering ways. Hilarious.

The implication was that Trump was laying the foundation for a new genocidal regime of his own. I'm sorry, but that's a crazy conspiracy theory. You should be ashamed for believing anything of the sort.

Take the hysteria down a notch, please. Even if you believed Trump was a fascist mastermind slowly taking steps to ensure his diabolical plan would eventually come to fruition (seriously, I can't be the only one that sees this as ridiculous) no one's going to allow it to happen, not those within the country and not those without. Can we all please come back down to reality?

hqdefault.jpg

That man... he isn't building a new Nazi party no matter how badly you want to believe it, even if he miraculously wins a second term.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
The implication was that Trump was laying the foundation for a new genocidal regime of his own. I'm sorry, but that's a crazy conspiracy theory. You should be ashamed for believing anything of the sort.

Take the hysteria down a notch, please. Even if you believed Trump was a fascist mastermind slowly taking steps to ensure his diabolical plan would eventually come to fruition (seriously, I can't be the only one that sees this as ridiculous) no one's going to allow it to happen, not those within the country and not those without. Can we all please come back down to reality?

hqdefault.jpg

That man... he isn't building a new Nazi party no matter how badly you want to believe it, even if he miraculously wins a second term.

I thought you requested we gather together in a few years to have a good laugh at the tortured and dead? Let's hold true to that together if it's what you really desire. Let's back off.

Dec 4, 2017
Sarah Sanders looks like one of those white women who call the police on black men, hoping they'd get killed.

I guess it figures.

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Repeatedly downplaying the formation of hate movements + history of trolling with memes in contentious threads

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017

First off, the German's did not start as a genocidal regime. It was a gradual process that ended with Hitler's "final solution," not his "first solution." So I don't think that outright committing genocide is a requirement for being compared to Nazis.

Second, the Nazi party initially only had around 33% of the vote of the German people initially too. I'm sure a great many people then thought their people and their institutions also wouldn't allow such things to occur. They were wrong. "No-one will allow it to happen" isn't a defense, especially if no-one believes it could happen. How exactly would these well meaning people prevent something they believe has no chance of happening in the first place? It's exactly that very attitude that'd allow it to happen!

Third, Trump doesn't have to do shit. He's probably too old for us to really fear him becoming an American Fuhrer anyways. The real problem is what happens to his party? Assuming the good people in the middle and on the right want the Republican party to shift to Trumpism, or fail to stop it, and us on the left fail to properly fight it what are the logical evolution of his policies? What happens if we get a wall and the jobs still don't come back? What then? Is this new Republican Party going to shift the boogieman away from immigrants to some other group here, do you think the rich will finally decide they're hurting people and institute fairer wages sacrificing a portion of their own wealth(lol) and institute social programs to help those in need or are they going to double down on their tried and true boogieman for the last couple of decades? And if they do double down on their immigrant boogieman what are the logical escalation of those policies beyond what we have now?

Lastly, we got it, they can't literally become Nazis, pretty sure at no point are they going to change their name from Republicans to the National Socialist German Workers Party, or Nazi for short. We'd also likely discriminate slightly differently as our current national identity is a little bit different, we clearly wouldn't pick just German ancestry alone as the preferred one. So sure, they'll never be literal Nazis if that makes you feel any better.

But the very minimum stand you can take is to refuse to give extraordinary acts like what recently occurred with migrant and refugee children as ok in the same way you'd treat some other minor political disagreement. We can not allow this to be normalized. People must know that there is a limit to the behavior we will allow in our name. Not just for now because maybe the wall and the family separation thing is as far as Trump ever would have taken it, but for any who'd decide to follow his example and take his policies further in the future. One thing's for certain though, if everyone took it as lightly as you a fascist United States, whether by Trump or someone in the future, is all but a certainty.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
pic1180433.jpg

I feel like Trump played a round of this and thought "Brilliant!"

He lost the game of course but his aides told him that he actually won.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Well how can anyone trust Canadians with the beady little eyes and flapping heads so full of lies?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
We just cancelled our annual camping trip to the US. We are normally a group of around 25 families and spend a lot on the way back as we have been in the country for 72 hours so pick up crap that is cheaper than in Canada.

I know she is a mouthpiece and it is not communities that we are visiting fault, but at this point my money is better spent going anywhere else