• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god please hire lawyers who will tell you things you don't want to hear and then listen to them

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I know this personality type intensely well. The sort of people running a company who get so infuriated that something they feel should be possible is possible that they just barrel ahead trying to make it happen when the reality is that it doesn't even matter and hardly anyone cares

Keep your ego out of business

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Stealing this from the YT comments because it's just too good.
"The only reason my employees think I fired them for no reason is because they don't know why I fired them"
fucking lmao

The emails, the threats, this whole second video really, over nothing, because clearly nobody at WhatPumpkin threatening SarahZ had watched her video in the first place. It's just so fucking hilarious and frustrating, it's even better because she straight up asks what's false in her video and none of them can point to anything, which means the claims made by the sources SarahZ mentioned are fucking true, and after stuff unearthed in the second video WP come out looking even worse.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting:
Okay so having watched the whole video now, including the final notes from both Hussie and Cindy, and it's actually pretty clear at this point that this isn't even about managing fan perception, it's almost entirely about managing internal company morale.

I've been part of an organization before where someone high up had to leave under dramatic circumstances due to misconduct and it caused a huge shakeup and several layoffs, and one thing that happens after those events is that the people who stick around and the people who come in after begin to narrativize that event and try to reconcile it with how they feel, or want to feel, about the company in its current form.

Everyone at What Pumpkin was freaking out because this Gio person has been putting contradictory and inflammatory information out there and, irrespective of its accuracy, irrespective even of how the fans reacted to it, the real problem was that it was dissonant with whatever internal narrative the company currently has about what went down back then, and people are just bad at processing that, and the simplest way to handle it is to shove it in the "hostile lies" box and try to lash back to make it go away

How many fans outside the company even believe what Gio said, how much those people even sent comments to What Pumpkin about any of that, all of it is sort of irrelevant. What matters is that there may be people out there who believe those terrible lies when we know the truth about what happened and there's a personality type who will just get eaten from the inside out trying to deal with that

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
It's just confusing to try to correct a narrative based on second hand information?

Well, apparently based on what facts they thought the toxic employee would feed to bloggers and youtubers. And that's why they didn't watch the video thinking they knew what the critical points but as a result, the correspondence with Sarah Z makes WhatPumpkin and Hussie look bizarre.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it I did NOT want to watch the Homestuck video and now I'm going to have to to fully understand the follow up aren't I?

Haha my first reaction. I usually watch her videos, even though I rarely know anything about their content topic, but 2+ hours of homestuck drama seemed too much. When this new one popped onto my feed that was exactly what I thought.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I won't lie, I absolutely love this genre of "X's lawyers contacted me after my video on them" content. I'm all in for it, especially when the people making the legal threats have no idea what they're doing.