• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ukip has selected an anti-feminist Eurosceptic YouTube commentator as a candidate should the UK take part in European Parliament elections next month.

Carl Benjamin, who posts online using the moniker Sargon of Akkad, is one of two candidates the Eurosceptic party named on Thursday to stand in the southwest region.
"We went through an exhaustive process to sift over 190 potential candidates down to those the national executive committee representatives and I felt were most suitable," Ukip leader, Gerard Batten said.

"This list is based on a number of factors that we felt would select candidates to fight for a real Brexit after the European elections. Ukip's priority is to have MEPs who will fight to make Brexit happen."
He gained mainstream attention after being accused of promoting a series of rape threats from Twitter users against Labour MP Jess Phillips in 2016.

Ms Phillips had written: "People talking about raping me isn't fun, but has become somewhat par for the course" on the social media site, leading Mr Benjamin to reply: "I wouldn't even rape you, Jess Phillips."
The UK is likely to take part in European elections in May after EU leaders agreed to grant a flexible six-month extension to the Article 50 process on Wednesday.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lection-candidate-carl-benjamin-a8867986.html

Mod Edit: Despite his candidacy, Sargon remains a banned persona and ResetEra will not signal boost his YouTube account

Trash

We live in the Era of the YouTube politics

Last edited by a moderator:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Of course he is. Of course he fucking is.

Someone stop this shitty timeline, I want to get off.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Is it hard to enter the elections as a UKIP candidate? It seems like they let any Joe Schmoe run

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Anyone who gives even the slightest shit about stopping brexit has to vote in these elections. It's ridiculously important.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
I just do not fucking understand how anyone takes this dude seriously. I've watched his videos. There is no real basis in facts for his arguments. Despite his conceit, his arguments are almost all solely from the gut. His swagger is based 100% on false bravado.

I hope this fails. But I have a sick feeling it won't.

Feb 3, 2018
I wonder what his chances of winning are? I don't know UK politics that well.

He may get elected since quite a few ukip people have gotten elected but in reality not sure it matters, because the EU did not give any further extension than October and if Britain can't sort it's shit out before then they leave anyway without a deal.

His tenure will be short and honestly many EU politicians are sick of Brexit and just want them gone at this point.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Didn't he try to pretend he was left wing or moderate for a while?

Like "I'm a liberal, but I'm also a realist!"

I've never watched his videos directly, just responses from people like Shaun.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Brazil a libertarian Youtuber that made sucess provoking leftists and recording the reaction got elected as a congressman. I think its a New way to right wingers that doesnt have a family name to Win a SEAT to be bad youtubers, unfortunately.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, radical leftism - he's going to call it out!.

He's literally re-campaigning for Brexit exactly the way he did before by just rambling through a facile semi-analysis in the hopes that no one will notice that he's just upchucking incoherent nationalist talking points.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
tenor.gif

This gif has been getting a lot of use lately.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
It baffles me to no end that this man has followers.

He is one of the dumbest people I've ever had the displeasure of hearing speak.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to laugh, but disgusting pieces of human waste like this fuckstain seem to get everything their own way in the political field these days so I'm actually more worried than anything.

Fuck... and this is in addition to Farage's UKIP2 or whatever the fuck it's called.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm a liberal centrist"

"I will expose radical leftists"

"I will expose the far right"

Still at the center though!

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of hilarious how a few years ago people were making jokes about how a shitload of people would be basically unemployable just off of the dumb shit they post on social media and now we live in a world where you can be an actively, outspokenly bigoted asshole on the internet and turn it into a political career. We're only a couple of decades away from President Logan Paul...

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
UKIP in 2019 are irrelevant.

I see the more mainstream eurosceptic vote going towards Farage's new party.

Mainly because the new UKIP are somehow worse than the old one and are veering headfirst towards the far far right.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm a liberal centrist"

"I will expose radical leftists"

"I will expose the far right"

Still at the center though!
''Now excuse me while I buy the front row seats of a Anita Sarkeesian panel and point a camera at her to try to intimidate her. And no I'm not obsessed with Anita, why would you even think that?''

W5TuDssfNCPLV9UFN829KPG6kdL94Tgi5kT4sWBZKXI.jpg

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Great. So when should we expect PewDiePie, Logan Paul, and JonTron to throw their hats into the political arena?

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's gonna be depressing if he's the reason as for why a big turnout of young adults suddenly gets an interest in voting, in the next election.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I just do not fucking understand how anyone takes this dude seriously. I've watched his videos. There is no real basis in facts for his arguments. Despite his conceit, his arguments are almost all solely from the gut. His swagger is based 100% on false bravado.

He appeals to mediocre white men who assume they know best on all topics, despite having no expertise and no interest in learning. He's a manifestation of that obnoxious libertarian many of us left behind in our sophomore year of college.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth keeping in mind that this guy was once deemed too racist to be a member of UKIP.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/8sd6i9/sargon_of_akkad_is_too_racist_for_ukip_lol/
I guess UKIP is pretty much accepting anyone nowadays as long as they have a hatred for minorities.

Farage quit the party because they turned into a bunch of Islamophobes.*

And considering their entire selling point before was Farage, yes, they're accepting anyone now.

*and also because he saw an opportunity

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I have ever finished a video he's in, everything about him is so fucking punchable. I hear his voice and my my fist automatically closes.