• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
LOL. The fact that UKIP have selected a charlatan and arsebag like Carl Benjamin speaks to just how intellectually impoverished the far right really is. I cannot for the life of me understand how the hell a dude like this is taken seriously in any corner of society.

The fact that it is 2019 and he still expects everyone to believe his bullshit about being a centrist (hardly a position to speak highly of in the first place) while platforming and aligning himself with literal fascists is even more laughable.

This dude is cringe as fuck and should be added to the rest of the Nazi punching-pile.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
European elections use proportional representation though, so the effect of splitting the vote is rather minimal. Technically it still exists due to the method the UK uses (used?) to allocate seats, but that's really not much.
Even with PR, it's significant. The Tories are loathe to work with Farage's party and Farage's party is loathe to work with this new UKIP. But my point wasn't really about that: a significant national election victory for Labour would be a big confidence boost for them.

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
Wait hold up... uh... so are we acting surprised that the sexist would join a racist party or that the racist party would let a sexist in??
Now, now. Let's not put Carl down. He, like most bigots, isn't just sexist. He's also a racist. With his kind, you'll find they hit most of the branches on the bigot tree and fail to stick to just one.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Carl Benjamin is an idiot and provocateur. He's really not interested in dialogue or free speech as he has mentioned.

He has been thoroughly destroyed in debate countless times, yet he continues with his idiocy. Not to mention his obvious misogynistic crusades over the years. He's no way fit to run for any public office.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
I find it funny that shitheels like Carl of Swindon and Count Wankula and their ilk talk about the "purity of the white race" when they all look like the inbred hillbilly fucks from "The Hills Have Eyes"

Oct 31, 2017
I find it funny that shitheels like Carl of Swindon and Count Wankula and their ilk talk about the "purity of the white race" when they all look like the inbred hillbilly fucks from "The Hills Have Eyes"

Amusingly, those who push racial purity are often pathetic little toad people- eg Hitler, Himmler, Goebbels with his club foot etc. Strangely, their followers never seem to see the irony.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Aaaaah, Carl of Wikipedia.

I have to say UKIP members running for European parliament is very ironic to say the least.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Running for office with UKIP but remember he's a classical liberal guys. This guy is such a loser I swear.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope the EU and UKIP can present its political agendas in videos that are 5 minutes or less for him, else he won't have the attention span to sit through all of it.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
WmVA9Ds.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
things seem to be going great for him so far

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...l-candidates-cause-chaotic-scenes-918611.html

In combative exchanges, Mr Benjamin – who is standing for election in the UK's South West region – told journalists: "I'm not answering your questions, I'm not apologising for anything, you dirty, dirty smear merchants."

In response to Labour MP Jess Phillips in 2016, he posted the comment "I wouldn't even rape you, @jessphillips. #AntiRapeThreats #FeminismIsCancer" on Twitter.

Reporters were repeatedly shouted down by activists as they attempted to question Mr Benjamin and Mr Batten.

Challenged about the comment, Mr Benjamin said: "I think we should treat women the same as men.

"That means if a woman is being a giant bitch and laughing at male suicide, I'm going to be a giant dick back to her."

Ukip leader says party is 'authentic party of Brexit' ahead of Euro elections
Mr Benjamin said he was standing for Ukip to campaign for free speech, adding: "I'm not going to apologise for my crimes against political correctness, I hate political correctness."

Birmingham Yardley MP Ms Phillips responded on Twitter: "Carl Benjamin will forever have whatever career he has defined by me, he will hear my name wherever he goes.

"His whole political life defined by little feminist Jess, that my friends is comedy."

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Bolsonaro Said something similar to a congresswoman

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/29/brazil-election-jair-bolsonaros-most-controversial-quotes.html

"I wouldn't rape you because you don't deserve it."

I think he's trying to imitate fascists that got elected

Except the argument and how he presented the argument is perfectly at line with the usual shit he's peddled for years.

It's the same edgelord "wah wah feminism oppressing my frozen peaches" rhetoric he always throws in online debates, except now he's wearing a suit and doing it on an official platform.

Points for consistency, I guess.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except the argument and how he presented the argument is perfectly at line with the usual shit he's peddled for years.

It's the same edgelord "wah wah feminism oppressing my frozen peaches" rhetoric he always throws in online debates, except now he's wearing a suit and doing it on an official platform.

Points for consistency, I guess.
Yeah, i agree

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
Unsavoury motherfucker. So long as the press keeps hounding him about the Jess Phillips tweet he'll dig his own grave. Look at the way he lost his temper at that press conference. Prick.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Sargon has been removing content from his account that might "embarrass" him like the video where he blames feminism for Elliot Rodger's killing spree.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know very little about UK politics, but if he wins that will just confirm that we're in the worst timeline.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Imagine supporting this shithead

To be honest I can see this kind of signal boosting benefiting Carl and I imagine Sky feel the same. His response is what his audience wants to hear and it's said in a way that would even appeal to women who are morons when it comes to freezepeach. He has so many years of moronic statements and views to pull from hat anybody questioning him needs to be ready with more than one issue that can ultimately be swung as being a non-sexist joke. It's a huge misstep to try and go after his offensive jokes rather than his idiotic beliefs/views/solutions and it will only create soundbites that appeal to his audience.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
A Ukip MEP candidate has defended his use of the N-word and other offensive language in a Youtube video by saying: "I find racist jokes funny".

Carl Benjamin, who uploads footage to his channel under the name Sargon of Akkad, called a disabled person a "retard" and an Asian woman a "chink" while commenting on an anti-discrimination film.

The internet troll also repeatedly used the N-word and other racist terms in the 2015 footage, which was deleted for violating Youtube's policy on hate speech.

Asked about people who found his comments offensive, he replied: "Well I'll tell you what. They can go and have a cry and when they have collected themselves and they are ready to talk like an adult about the issues and not bring up things that they think might be offensive and spread them around the country to people who might be offended by them.

He also told Sky News: "Personally, I find racist jokes funny."

Ukip leader Gerard Batten described Mr Benjamin's comments about Ms Phillips as "ill considered" but claimed "the vast mass of people out there couldn't care less". He has refused to comment on the video.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...racism-youtube-sargon-akkad-mep-a8887696.html

Guy should be a candidate for the next "Nazi gets punched in the street" video.