• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Sasuke is a try hard with his head firmly up his ass.

Bakugo at least have a bit of self awareness and on some level cares about his peers

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well the reason is obvious: He recognizes that Deku is the better hero.

That's why when they had their fight in season 1, the outcome where Deku focuses on the mission over his personal grudge hit Bakugo way harder than if he had just been knocked out by One For All.

All of Bakugo's rage is based on an inferiority complex.
Nah, before Deku got One for All he didn't have an inferiority complex towards him.
He was bullying him since early childhood for no reason whatsoever besides being an absolute dick. He's one of the most annoying characters I had to encounter in Shonen outside Black Clover, because Black Clover is the worst.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo's reasoning for being a dick. He fell down when hehwas 3 and someone looked down upon on by offering him a hand.

He was a dick before that. You're just talking about why his relationship with Deku soured even further than it already had.

Lol come on. Even if hate Naruto, you got to admit Bakugo's character is so fucking stupid.

Nope.

I mean, if Bakugo is stupid, Sasuke is mental.

Pt. 1 Sasuke is a way way way way WAY more interesting and complex character.

Fixed

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
Bakugo is a shitty kid, but at least he's consistent and understandable.

I watched most of Naruto and I don't even know who Sasuke is. All over the place.

Yeah, this. I seriously despise Bakugo since he's still screaming 200 chapter after he is introduced and there is no sign of him cooling down. But at least he is consistent and basically said "fuck you" to the villains at a point when I was hoping we wouldn't get a Sasuke 2.0.

Sasuke's motivations after killing Itachi don't make any sense, and his character during Shippudden wasn't really that enjoyable even if he had a much cooler moveset than Naruto.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They're not cool, they are the super anti social edgy type who happens to be strong. They have one in every manga

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sasuke is a try hard with his head firmly up his ass.

Bakugo at least have a bit of self awareness and on some level cares about his peers

The further Hero Academia goes the less he is insufferable, but early Bakugo was the fucking worst.
Bakugo is a shitty kid, but at least he's consistent and understandable.

I watched most of Naruto and I don't even know who Sasuke is. All over the place.
Nothing about Bakugo bullying Deku (since there are like what, 4 years old?) is understandable.
Holding an enourmous grudge against somebody for life because they dared to give you a hand is not understandable.
He's the opposite of understandable, and his character redeeming himself over time from such a ludicrous starting point is just meh.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why people reduce Sasuke being forgiven on "he said he's sorry". That's not true. Well hard to tell who is joking and who isn't I guess.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
WelI I casn see someone being mental when your family gets killed and are pretty much lied to your entire life.
What was Bakugo's reasoning? Dude is just a poorly written character and the flashback reasoning the author gave is soo bad.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like how people in this thread are calling Sasuke an edgelord for being traumatized after seeing his parents slaughtered before his eyes

He has a reason for acting the way he does, Bakugo is a generic shonen rival pissant with a boring powerset lol

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
deaconess-first-lady-effect-650x610.gif

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this. I seriously despise Bakugo since he's still screaming 200 chapter after he is introduced and there is no sign of him cooling down. But at least he is consistent and basically said "fuck you" to the villains at a point when I was hoping we wouldn't get a Sasuke 2.0.

Sasuke's motivations after killing Itachi don't make any sense, and his character during Shippudden wasn't really that enjoyable even if he had a much cooler moveset than Naruto.

He wants revenge on the village leaders that organized his clan to be killed and wants to reshape the village. How didn't that make sense?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Masamori Sumimura is the shonen answer

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Part 1 wasn't all that interesting in terms of character development. Shippuden is where Naruto really started to shine with any of that. Part 1 is kind of normal shonen stuff, but later on when the generational trauma and historical murkiness comes into play and how that affects the different characters, this is when Naruto as a series really comes into its own.

They only don't make sense if you refuse to think about it. He wanted to kill Danzo because he was the mastermind of the Uchiha massacre and responsible for almost everything that has happened to him. Makes total sense that this is the point that he snaps at. Then later on, he goes through the twisting motions of his vulnerability being shaped into wanting to rule as a Shadow overlord - kind of similar to how characters like Nagato and Obito got corrupted due to the trauma they experienced pushing them to develop warped notions of absolute ideals.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think Bakugou is the worst part of Hero Academia. Every scene with him is just painful and there is nothing likeable about the character. It's great that HeroAca starts with Izuku saying he is the strongest hero because it means Bakugou hopefully dies. Or at the very least we'll see Izuku destroy him.

With Sasuke, he and Naruto at least had some kind of brotherhood going on. But there's nothing meaningful between Izuku and Bakugou (yes, I have read the manga) other than bully and victim. It's really funny when Bakugou stans defend him when he's basically a mini-Endeavor who doesn't want to change.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
WelI I casn see someone being mental when your family gets killed and are pretty much lied to your entire life.
What was Bakugo's reasoning? Dude is just a poorly written character and the flashback reasoning the author gave is soo bad.

People don't need shitty back stories to be awful people.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sasuke didn't get to where Bakugo is until the first Boruto movie
I'm not saying Bakugo's character progression is bad. I think his starting point was way over the top, with barely any reasoning on why he's such a massive dick towards Deku even at almost toddler age.
The progression isn't the problem, the ludicrous ways in which the character started make the progression leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I appreciate Bakugou for being the only character I've ever seen to 100% invert the Ambition Is Evil trope. His ambition to be Number 1 is literally his only positive trait. It's what prevents him from falling to villainy.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
People keep using Sasuke's family getting killed as an excuse, it would be valid if Naruto wasn't also a character. Sure his family died, but afterwards he was treated as royality by the villiage

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People keep using Sasuke's family getting killed as an excuse, it would be valid if Naruto wasn't also a character.

Naruto was an orphan who never got to meet his parents.

Sasuke was a kid who saw his own brother murder his entire clan and had to relive it for 24 hours in his childhood twice.

I know which would fuck me up more.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
People keep using Sasuke's family getting killed as an excuse, it would be valid if Naruto wasn't also a character. Sure his family died, but afterwards he was treated as royality by the villiage
One person handling trauma differently doesn't invalidate how someone experiences it. Naruto didn't even directly experience the loss of his parents, so it makes sense that he wouldn't have such a powerful reaction to that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 wasn't all that interesting in terms of character development. Shippuden is where Naruto really started to shine with any of that. Part 1 is kind of normal shonen stuff, but later on when the generational trauma and historical murkiness comes into play and how that affects the different characters, this is when Naruto as a series really comes into its own.

I feel like that's a very generous reading of what I considered to be a massive dip in quality the further we got into Pt. 2.

Besides the whole helping fight Kaguya and releasing the Dream Jutsu, yes. And even then he went "Yeah lol people won't want me here, I'm going away for a while"

The aftermath of the Kaguya fight is one of the reasons why people still hate him lmfao

Sasuke finally helping out, fans low-key would've forgiven him for his past trashiness due to helping to save the world. Then boom, he's still on his dumb Hokage BS, except he also wants to kill all the Kage, take control of the Tailed Beasts, direct all the hatred to him, blah blah blah

Then he also mentally attacks Sakura one last time cuz why not

We all to do all that shit just to inorganically get to a forced Naruto vs. Sasuke rematch.

I honestly think Bakugou is the worst part of Hero Academia.

Mineta.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto was an orphan who never got to meet his parents.

Sasuke was a kid who saw his own brother murder his entire clan and had to relive it for 24 hours in his childhood twice.

I know which would fuck me up more.
One person handling trauma differently doesn't invalidate how someone experiences it. Naruto didn't even directly experience the loss of his parents, so it makes sense that he wouldn't have such a powerful reaction to that.
I mean every child is raised to be a supernatural death machine from birth. Trauma is relative

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Bakugou is the worst part of Hero Academia. Every scene with him is just painful and there is nothing likeable about the character. It's great that HeroAca starts with Izuku saying he is the strongest hero because it means Bakugou hopefully dies. Or at the very least we'll see Izuku destroy him.

With Sasuke, he and Naruto at least had some kind of brotherhood going on. But there's nothing meaningful between Izuku and Bakugou (yes, I have read the manga) other than bully and victim. It's really funny when Bakugou stans defend him when he's basically a mini-Endeavor who doesn't want to change.

I don't understand how you could read the manga and think he hasn't changed.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
The aftermath of the Kaguya fight is one of the reasons why people still hate him lmfao

Sasuke finally helping out, fans low-key would've forgiven him for his past trashiness due to helping to save the world. Then boom, he's still on his dumb Hokage BS, except he also wants to kill all the Kage, take control of the Tailed Beasts, direct all the hatred to him, blah blah blah

Then he also mentally attacks Sakura one last time cuz why not
I mean people can hate him for that, sure, I'm sure some people where tired with all his heel turns. I just meant that him being forgiven by the rest of the cast wasn't simply because he got his ass beat and apologized.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Neither. I like Bakugo a lot as a character but he's definitely not cool, I suppose he does have a cool quirk but that's about it.

While my exposure to Naruto is pretty limited I always found Sasuke to be a really frustrating character.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo:
Overcompensating for his insecurity with a superiority complex, wants to be the best hero but has a shitty temperament, does the right thing despite having all the wrong reasons

Sasuke:

Yeah nah, Bakugo no contest